DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

ATTN allpro LT owners, looking for advice

Old 07-21-2011, 08:40 PM   #1
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
ATTN allpro LT owners, looking for advice

My truck is about to be paid off next month and my current plan is to use the extra money from no payments to save up for the allpro lt kit. I would ideally sell my current DCLB and get an DCSB OR, waiting for a 2012, maybe even a 2013 if we hear a new engine and tranny will come then. Anyway, what I'm looking for are your experiences with the set up. How much lift do you have with it? I dont see myself going larger than 33's. How does it handle on road? I like to drive quick, will I miss my sway bar? And please post plenty of pictures!
Old 07-21-2011, 08:42 PM   #2
G scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Garrett
G scott04's Tacoma Gallery
Im not LT, But you won't miss your sway bar!!
Old 07-21-2011, 08:52 PM   #3
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
I wont take it off my current set up, I drive REALLY quick. sometimes I pretend my tacoma is a GTR in the corners.
Old 07-21-2011, 09:21 PM   #4
UG legend wannabe
snowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
snowgod06's Tacoma Gallery
I think you should not ask but one question, do you want to do this ever

this is antons APLT kit.
Attached Thumbnails
ATTN allpro LT owners, looking for advice-dsc_1217.jpg  
Old 07-21-2011, 09:27 PM   #5
iKill

mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
lol yeah that looks awesome.
Old 07-21-2011, 09:54 PM   #6
Must go to Mountains, Desert
Crom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. Sir
Crom's Tacoma Gallery
Search the LT subforum. I have searched for and found several people who had the AP LT kit and found lots of pics and goodies in there. It was on sale too a little while ago.

Good luck.
Old 07-21-2011, 10:19 PM   #7
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
pm FixedTRD hes running the all pro kit and loves it so far im sure he can give you a good review
Old 07-21-2011, 11:54 PM   #8
FixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
FixedTRD's Tacoma Gallery
OP since you have a 4x4 the AP LT kit will work best. The AP kit is solid and you can't go wrong with it. I have bashed it on trail and desert run it holds up to my abuse. The only down side to this kit is that you can't run a second bypass shock. It also depends on how you use your truck. This is my daily driver and it works just fine not too wide and still fit in tight spots. If you want to run a bypass and want the same specs as the AP kit you can also check out the TC 2inch over kit, but I am not sure if it will work with 4x4 setup.
Old 07-21-2011, 11:59 PM   #9
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
OakleyTrd chases for sdhq and he has the all pro up front.
Old 07-22-2011, 06:26 AM   #10
iKill

mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
Im on my phone right now so Im limited in what I can do, but what suspension Sid you get with it? I originally wanted kings but if I hear good stuff about the ap fox's ill consider them.
Old 07-22-2011, 06:35 AM   #11
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrgrnr View Post
IMHO 2" of extra travel up front is not worth the price........

If you are set on LT go TC, their kit is better quality, and will last you longer.
I'd go Camburg over TC
Old 07-22-2011, 06:58 AM   #12
iKill

mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

If you are set on LT go TC, their kit is better quality, and will last you longer.
And loose my 4wd??
That kit is way to wide anyway. Im open to their 2" kit though. But I would never need a second shock or limit straps because im not racing in the desert. Im in Florida crawling what little terrain we have and driving spirited in between.
Old 07-22-2011, 07:21 AM   #13
G scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
If your just crawling, spend the money on a front locker and sliders?
Old 07-22-2011, 07:27 AM   #14
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

and a correction to this statement, its 2 inches wider not 2" more travel, whats stock like a little over 8? so about 3.5 inches more travel on the all pro and 4.5 on the total chaos and camburg

you can keep your 4wd with camburg or total chaos, thats what im doing
Old 07-22-2011, 07:28 AM   #15
BRT
BigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
BigRedToy's Tacoma Gallery
mgrande, spend your money on a LT rear setup and run some nice, tuned, coil overs in the front. Gusset and brace the front suspension as well. I know I would be happier with a LT rear suspension, considering the money you could spend on upgrading the front suspension and what you want to do.
Old 07-22-2011, 07:28 AM   #16
iKill

mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
I currently have sliders and when ever I get my new truck it will have a rear locker and atrac up front. I just want to take to the next level
Old 07-22-2011, 07:30 AM   #17
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by G scott04 View Post
If your just crawling, spend the money on a front locker and sliders?
X2 there is no need for LT if your just crawling just a nice Mid travel set would be fine.
Old 07-22-2011, 07:30 AM   #18
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrande View Post
I currently have sliders and when ever I get my new truck it will have a rear locker and atrac up front. I just want to take to the next level
Oh so this kit is for your new truck?
Old 07-22-2011, 07:36 AM   #19
iKill

mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah
Old 07-22-2011, 07:39 AM   #20
iKill

mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
X2 there is no need for LT if your just crawling just a nice Mid travel set would be fine.
I would argue that the allpro kit is the ultimate mid travel kit.