Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

General Fabrication

Old 08-22-2011, 10:38 AM   #21
SCUMBAG CUSTOMS
Scummy will become famous soon enough

Name: Matt
Scummy's Tacoma Gallery
Go to harborfreight for a plasma cutter. and get the $20 2 year warranty. i aslo got a tube bender from there and it works bitchin. Where do you guys get those tacomaworld stickers ans so-cal tacomas?
Old 08-22-2011, 10:59 AM   #22
linked2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlinked2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlinked2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlinked2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlinked2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlinked2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlinked2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlinked2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlinked2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlinked2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlinked2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
linked2002's Tacoma Gallery
harbor frieght has a pipe bender. and if you mod the dies correctly yes it can work. i have never attempted it nor would i want to try haha. it got its reputation as the kinker for a reason.
Old 08-22-2011, 11:09 AM   #23
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
DTFtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Harbor freight kinker FTW hope you got some sand handy lol

I have the Affordable bender got it for 250 with 2 dies
Old 08-22-2011, 11:16 AM   #24
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by linked2002 View Post
harbor frieght has a pipe bender. and if you mod the dies correctly yes it can work. i have never attempted it nor would i want to try haha. it got its reputation as the kinker for a reason.
X2 save your money and get a quality bender JMR has a bender for the fabricator on a budget buts the benders are not the expensive thing when it come to tube benders it's the dies. check out the JMR Sportsman bender you can get a bender and one die set for around 500.
Old 08-22-2011, 12:58 PM   #25
linked2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlinked2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlinked2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlinked2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlinked2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlinked2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlinked2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlinked2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlinked2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlinked2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlinked2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
honestly cruise craigslist or race-dezert. i picked up my pro tools bender on there with 1 die and full hydro setup for 600. deals can be found if your looking.
Old 08-22-2011, 01:01 PM   #26
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
honestly cruise craigslist or race-dezert. i picked up my pro tools bender on there with 1 die and full hydro setup for 600. deals can be found if your looking.
Nice deal.
Old 08-22-2011, 01:03 PM   #27
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
im sure you guys know this... but ill say it anyways, a good way to help prevent kinks is to pack the tube with wet sand!
Old 08-22-2011, 01:09 PM   #28
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
im sure you guys know this... but ill say it anyways, a good way to help prevent kinks is to pack the tube with wet sand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shocktaco View Post
hope you got some sand handy lol
Old 08-22-2011, 01:09 PM   #29
Dezert Toy Fabrication

Quote:

Hell of a deal!
Old 08-22-2011, 01:10 PM   #30
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
i've had 5 different people email or PM me this link lol. if anyone's looking for dimple dies, here ago...
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=871560
Old 08-22-2011, 01:19 PM   #31
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by colinb17 View Post
i've had 5 different people email or PM me this link lol. if anyone's looking for dimple dies, here ago...
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=871560
Now that's a hell of a deal I might have to jump on some of these. Seeing how I don't need dimple dies all the time 1018 should be just fine.
Old 08-22-2011, 01:31 PM   #32
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
Now that's a hell of a deal I might have to jump on some of these. Seeing how I don't need dimple dies all the time 1018 should be just fine.
just what i was thinking (and aparently 5 of my friends).
this moves the shop press up a few notches on the priority list. yall have any likes or dislikes for any of the brands? i'm still debating what ton rating will be best suited for me.
Old 08-22-2011, 01:42 PM   #33
Dezert Toy Fabrication

I already got the press think I'm gonna get some of those dies soon. Thanks for the link!
Old 08-22-2011, 01:43 PM   #34
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by colinb17 View Post
just what i was thinking (and aparently 5 of my friends).
this moves the shop press up a few notches on the priority list. yall have any likes or dislikes for any of the brands? i'm still debating what ton rating will be best suited for me.
I have the 20 ton Harbor Freight shop press and i love it it's well built for the price. But I've done some upgrades I bought some 1.5" rolled steel arbors to replace the cast widow makers. And I'm going to get the Air/Hydro 20 jack so i don't have to pump it so dam much. Also I picked up THIS to make bends in plate steel and it's well worth the money.
Old 08-22-2011, 02:03 PM   #35
Dezert Toy Fabrication

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
I have the 20 ton Harbor Freight shop press and i love it it's well built for the price. But I've done some upgrades I bought some 1.5" rolled steel arbors to replace the cast widow makers. And I'm going to get the Air/Hydro 20 jack so i don't have to pump it so dam much. Also i picked up THIS to make bends in plate steel and it's well worth the money.
I like that one

looks much nicer than mine but it get the job done

12 ton press bending 3/16th no problem
Old 08-22-2011, 02:11 PM   #36

nice, hf press it is. always nice when the less expensive stuff works.
Old 08-22-2011, 02:27 PM   #37
Nick701 is a splendid one to beholdNick701 is a splendid one to beholdNick701 is a splendid one to beholdNick701 is a splendid one to beholdNick701 is a splendid one to beholdNick701 is a splendid one to beholdNick701 is a splendid one to behold

Air Force: Comm
Nick701's Tacoma Gallery
OOOO i like this thread, great links, thanks
Old 08-23-2011, 07:22 PM   #38
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah this is my setup.
Old 08-24-2011, 10:27 AM   #39
Dezert Lovers Unite
Engage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Engage Marketing
Engage Offroad's Tacoma Gallery
this is a great thread, we will defenitley contribute by sharing our knowledge
EngageOffRoad....909-238-6788
Old 08-24-2011, 10:36 AM   #40

Marines:
right on! hope the mods chime in soon and move this to its own topic so we can start numerous fab related threads for peoples individual needs.