DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

General Fabrication

Old 01-08-2014, 12:14 AM   #1501
davidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
davidjmay's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjmay View Post
Anyone in orange county have a tube bender I can use for a minute?? Or that can bend two tubes for me... Just two pieces of 1.5 or 1.25" tube about 90 degrees. Need someone to help me out here
Anyone??
Old 01-08-2014, 12:18 AM   #1502
Paint me back in Wyoming again...
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
45acp's Tacoma Gallery
I would just give JLee or any local fab shop a call.
Old 01-08-2014, 05:38 AM   #1503
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45acp View Post
The OC is a bit of a drive from Jerry's place...
Old 01-08-2014, 11:21 AM   #1504
davidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
davidjmay's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45acp View Post
Tried that... 3-5 days and $150 for two 90˚ bends
Old 01-08-2014, 11:44 AM   #1505
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Go in the LT BS thread and ask. I'm someone can do it for you for beer
Old 01-08-2014, 06:05 PM   #1506
jeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
jeverich's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hmm..

I got access to a JMR Hydraulic anytime I want for a case of beer..
Old 01-08-2014, 06:09 PM   #1507
Boone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boone Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
If you weren't on the left coast, it'd be done for one beer. (If you provided the tube)
Oh, and how not to build a hidden winch mount. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...t-install.html
Old 01-08-2014, 06:18 PM   #1508
jeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
jeverich's Tacoma Gallery
That Pro-Tools notcher is looking tempting..
Old 01-08-2014, 11:17 PM   #1509
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
DTFtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeverich View Post
That Pro-Tools notcher is looking tempting..
Love my Notch Master four years no problems at all

https://www.jd2.com/p-63-notchmaster.aspx
Old 01-08-2014, 11:40 PM   #1510
once flirted with danger, danger got clingy
magikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: greg
magikbean562's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Anyone in orange county have a tube bender I can use for a minute?? Or that can bend two tubes for me... Just two pieces of 1.5 or 1.25" tube about 90 degrees. Need someone to help me out here
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert guy View Post
I got one at my shop in O.C. If it is two simple 90 degree bends I can whack that out for you on Saturday on my day off.
But I only have a 1.25 Die. My buddy has my 1.5
just PM me or something
alos hit up sick nick
Old 01-11-2014, 07:32 AM   #1511
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You didn't contact me
Old 01-11-2014, 09:01 AM   #1512
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
You didn't contact me
I think he said you were kinda far, think he means "tried that" as in local fabricators
Old 01-11-2014, 08:51 PM   #1513
nagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
Started my bumper

I'm not finished yet, gonna shorten the front up about an inch and still have to template the underside and top. Then I have to figure exactly how I'm going to mount it and cut part of my winch mount which currently is kinda a hidden mount under a really hacked up bumper

Any suggestions on design etc?
Old 01-11-2014, 09:03 PM   #1514
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr250jumper View Post
I think he said you were kinda far, think he means "tried that" as in local fabricators
True but two 90's shipped wouldn't be that much unless they were long tubes.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:17 AM   #1515
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Wrong thread
Old 01-12-2014, 11:43 AM   #1516
Bob Lob Law
ComeAndTakeIt is one of the sharper tools in the shedComeAndTakeIt is one of the sharper tools in the shedComeAndTakeIt is one of the sharper tools in the shedComeAndTakeIt is one of the sharper tools in the shedComeAndTakeIt is one of the sharper tools in the shedComeAndTakeIt is one of the sharper tools in the shedComeAndTakeIt is one of the sharper tools in the shedComeAndTakeIt is one of the sharper tools in the shedComeAndTakeIt is one of the sharper tools in the shedComeAndTakeIt is one of the sharper tools in the shedComeAndTakeIt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
ComeAndTakeIt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
Wrong thread
My Bad!
Old 01-12-2014, 01:28 PM   #1517
koditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kirk
koditten's Tacoma Gallery
Do the fabbing projects in this thred have to be truck related?

I see quite a few head's from the anything welding are hanging here.
Old 01-12-2014, 01:31 PM   #1518
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Not at all, anything fabrication is cool
Old 01-12-2014, 01:32 PM   #1519
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr250jumper View Post
Not at all, anything fabrication is cool
^ this
Old 01-12-2014, 01:44 PM   #1520
koditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kirk
koditten's Tacoma Gallery
Okey.

I build these trailers for the fun of it. I actually built myself a car hauler when I was 19, I'm 47 now. I was cleaning out the folks garage where I built my 3/4 finnished trailer. I put the trailer in the front yard so I could get my truck up the narrow drive to load up trash/scrap. A bit later some dude stops by and asks how much I was selling the trailer for? I did some quick math and sold the trailer. It took me 10 years to get myself my own trailer. I kept having to build other people trailers. I now do mostly the utility trailers that I will be showing pics of.

I lost count at around the 200 trailer mark. I think I'm closer to 300.

I like to build about a dozon of these a year and most are prepaid. this one I just built for the fun of it. It is my trailer, but it is for sale.

I can't build and sell a trailer for what the trailer dealers sell these for. assembly line prices can't be beat. All I have is my reputation.

The one you see is listed at $1575 or best REASONABLE offer. After materials, i figure I'm working for 8 bucks and hour. I'm okey with that. Building something that will be handed down to the next generation has always been pleasing to me.

I use the money that is made on these trailers to help with buying parts for my second love-rebuilding/building wrecked, toyota pickups.

i was actually just getting ready to post these pics in the for sale section, but reading the rules, I don't think I can.

Anyways, sorry for the long intro, but hopefully you can enjoy my trailer pics.

Later

Kirk
Attached Thumbnails
General Fabrication-winter.jpg   General Fabrication-winter2.jpg   General Fabrication-winter3.jpg   General Fabrication-winter4.jpg   General Fabrication-winter5.jpg  

General Fabrication-winter6.jpg  

Products Discussed in this Thread