DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

General Fabrication

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-02-2014, 04:27 PM   #1521
TRDtexasTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDtexasTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDtexasTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDtexasTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDtexasTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDtexasTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDtexasTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDtexasTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDtexasTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDtexasTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDtexasTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: JP
TRDtexasTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeverich View Post
Hmm..

I push most of the time..

On a 90 joint, I'll start my arc in the apex of the two pieces, then do a cursive "I", keeping an eye on my puddle, making sure it's tying into both upper and lower pieces.. Then bring it back to the apex, pushing ahead a step, then repeating the cursive "I".

A lot of it is sound, too.. Found that the space between the "crackle" will increase when I make the "I" back into the puddle.

Sorry it that made no sense, it's just become a second nature tactile thing for me.
i know that sound. its soothing
Old 05-03-2014, 04:26 PM   #1522
TRDtexasTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDtexasTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDtexasTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDtexasTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDtexasTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDtexasTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDtexasTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDtexasTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDtexasTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDtexasTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDtexasTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: JP
TRDtexasTaco's Tacoma Gallery
sweet^^
Old 05-03-2014, 04:44 PM   #1523
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post

Bumper I'm working on
looks pretty good. think it would look a little(slightly) better if the top tube was sticking out farther than the bottom one. only down side i see is the gap between the tube and lower grill/lights will be bigger.
Old 05-24-2014, 12:46 AM   #1525
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
DTFtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I love my notchmaster

Old 05-24-2014, 01:47 PM   #1526
Benjamin Newman
Btnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Benjamin
Btnewman's Tacoma Gallery
Any advice for building a set of upper a-arms? Using stock balls joints on outside with heim's inside.
Old 06-28-2014, 08:36 AM   #1527
TRACperformance will become famous soon enoughTRACperformance will become famous soon enough
TRACperformance's Tacoma Gallery
Here is some pictures of some link mount welds.

Old 06-28-2014, 08:47 AM   #1528
floodedkiwi has a brilliant futurefloodedkiwi has a brilliant futurefloodedkiwi has a brilliant futurefloodedkiwi has a brilliant futurefloodedkiwi has a brilliant futurefloodedkiwi has a brilliant futurefloodedkiwi has a brilliant futurefloodedkiwi has a brilliant futurefloodedkiwi has a brilliant futurefloodedkiwi has a brilliant futurefloodedkiwi has a brilliant future

Name: Ken
floodedkiwi's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd
Old 06-28-2014, 05:00 PM   #1529
Jonek is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonek is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonek is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonek is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonek is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonek is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonek is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonek is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonek is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonek is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: John
Jonek's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRACperformance View Post

Hmmm .... Link welds .... I've never heard that term before ?
Although there is different terminology used depending on what part of the country you come from !

Those bottom pics are TIG welded I believe
The top one looks like 6010 stick applied by an experienced hand : )

Nice Welds !!!! Almost as good as mine ! Hahahahahaha !
Old 06-28-2014, 07:59 PM   #1530
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRACperformance View Post

I wasn't planning on fapping tonight, but fuck it.
Old 07-17-2014, 04:17 PM   #1531
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Old 07-24-2014, 01:17 PM   #1532
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
I know this isn't related to anything I'm making but hey, it makes a pulse jet and a giant butt...the first is how the jet is made and the second, assembling the whole thing.

There's gonna be one more video, I hope

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9PMD8fcvAk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMzAS9SsMBw
Old 07-24-2014, 01:24 PM   #1533
nagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
Um who cares if it's related, it's fucking awesome!
Old 08-19-2014, 07:12 PM   #1534
Lil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud of

Air Force: C-5 Loadmaster
Name: Scotty
Lil'Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Looking for some advice on making the strike plates for my bump stops. Orginaly We were going to use spring perches but they were to low and the shock would bottom out before the bump stop would. Would I just want to make the strike plate taller so it bottoms out the bump stop before the shock? The bump stop is about as far down as I would like to have it in the sleeve.

Edit: The U-bolt goes between the lower shock tabs so whatever the strike plate ends up doing there still has to be room to get the U-bolt through.

Old 08-20-2014, 07:18 PM   #1535
cummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cummins6speed's Tacoma Gallery
One good hit is going to push that bumpstop up in the can
Old 08-21-2014, 02:04 AM   #1536
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
DTFtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
If your sliding the bump down an inch or two just sleeve a piece of tube over it.
Old 08-24-2014, 09:15 AM   #1537
koditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kirk
koditten's Tacoma Gallery
I welded up this campfire grate 1 hour before we were heading out to go camping for a week. It works awesome!

Just some scrap pieces of angle iron and a scrap piece of expanded steel and an old bar clamp. I tossed the screw part and just use the adjustable foot welded to the ring.

I think there might be 20 bucks in material counting the bar clamp kit.
Attached Thumbnails
General Fabrication-20140818_100901.jpg   General Fabrication-20140819_081736.jpg   General Fabrication-20140819_081748.jpg  
Old 08-24-2014, 10:24 AM   #1538
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by koditten View Post
I welded up this campfire grate 1 hour before we were heading out to go camping for a week. It works awesome!
Looks great!
Old 08-26-2014, 12:46 AM   #1539
bruth has a brilliant futurebruth has a brilliant futurebruth has a brilliant futurebruth has a brilliant futurebruth has a brilliant futurebruth has a brilliant futurebruth has a brilliant futurebruth has a brilliant futurebruth has a brilliant futurebruth has a brilliant futurebruth has a brilliant future

EMS: EMT/FireFighter
Name: Brian
bruth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by username View Post
I got this from Summit and it just won't die. It has cut thousands of notches, still on the original holesaw. The bearing is getting worn out and it's not as precise as when new, but still works good. Can't beat it for $69.95. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HCK-SPPIPE/

Thank god for you!!! Thanks I've been looking for a good deal on a notcher and almost just spent 200-400 on one! Can't wait! You know of any good cheaper side benders haha??
Old 08-26-2014, 01:01 AM   #1540
Newlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Newlife's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by koditten View Post

Just some scrap pieces of angle iron and a scrap piece of expanded steel and an old bar clamp. I tossed the screw part and just use the adjustable foot welded to the ring.

I think there might be 20 bucks in material counting the bar clamp kit.
Man that iron skillet is done.

Products Discussed in this Thread