DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

Reserved my Engage LT kit Today!!!

Old 09-07-2011, 05:49 PM   #41
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
sure it's still a weak link, but gusseted is better than not gusseted and it's not like it's hard to do... the spindle is already off the truck when installing the kit.

i understand not going crazy... but then why didn't you do it all at once cause right now you aren't going to enjoy having the kit... you spend a bunch of money and then dont get to enjoy it... just my 2 cents

when you planning to get the fab'd spindle?
true that, i would wanna get it out of the shop and go to the desert and push it to its limit! just knowing that you have to go easy offroad because that spindle can bend bugs me. TC gussets are under 100 bucks, i think its well worth it
Old 09-07-2011, 05:50 PM   #42
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
sure it's still a weak link, but gusseted is better than not gusseted and it's not like it's hard to do... the spindle is already off the truck when installing the kit.

i understand not going crazy... but then why didn't you do it all at once cause right now you aren't going to enjoy having the kit... you spend a bunch of money and then dont get to enjoy it... just my 2 cents

when you planning to get the fab'd spindle?

well honestly i was going to wait until i got back from my next overseas trip to drop the truck off for the front and rear. but I wanted my wheels and tires first and they didnt fit so to supplement that i got the 3" prerunner lift and the fenders to clear. and if you take that thing offroad it rattles everything in the cab to hell. so i pulled the gun on the front suspension because its all getting done eventually. im waiting on a check from work and new rims and tires fenders and spindles will be on the list of things to get.

I just know i have to be carefull untill then. to rock hard suspension was getting on my nerves
Old 09-07-2011, 05:55 PM   #43
Max's Canadian Twin
theduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
theduck911's Tacoma Gallery
Did you get UCA & LCA Gussets as well?! Since you'll be running a Fabbed spindle, those should be reinforced as well, Can never have too many gussets

If you go 37's you'll have to re-gear 100% (probably better to do it before hand), with 35's you could probably get away without re-gearing (well for a little while).

Def go for those Glassworks 6.5" Fenders!
Old 09-07-2011, 05:58 PM   #44
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfreak201 View Post
true that, i would wanna get it out of the shop and go to the desert and push it to its limit! just knowing that you have to go easy offroad because that spindle can bend bugs me. TC gussets are under 100 bucks, i think its well worth it
TC gussets are less than $50 homez

Quote:
Originally Posted by tostidos View Post
well honestly i was going to wait until i got back from my next overseas trip to drop the truck off for the front and rear. but I wanted my wheels and tires first and they didnt fit so to supplement that i got the 3" prerunner lift and the fenders to clear. and if you take that thing offroad it rattles everything in the cab to hell. so i pulled the gun on the front suspension because its all getting done eventually. im waiting on a check from work and new rims and tires fenders and spindles will be on the list of things to get.

I just know i have to be carefull untill then. to rock hard suspension was getting on my nerves
right on... first on your list needs to be new wheels so you can ditch the wheel spacers... you do not want to be running those up front. too much stress on the stock lugs. get 35's... as rad as it would be to rock 37's... very few people are cool enough to pull it off (truck built enough)
Old 09-07-2011, 06:00 PM   #45
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck911 View Post
Did you get UCA & LCA Gussets as well?! Since you'll be running a Fabbed spindle, those should be reinforced as well, Can never have too many gussets

If you go 37's you'll have to re-gear 100% (probably better to do it before hand), with 35's you could probably get away without re-gearing (well for a little while).

if engage wont gusset the spindle... they sure as hell wont gusset the UCA/coilbucket haha

if ya look close in the pic you can see there's no UCA gusset

by LCA gusset do you mean the align. cam tab gussets?

you are corrent, you can never gusset too much shit
Old 09-07-2011, 06:02 PM   #46
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
TC gussets are less than $50 homez
even better

kinda off topic but how come every LT truck that comes out of the engage shop is sooo damn wide? james(in2nite) truck seems like its no where near as wide as this truck as well as socalrunner(he has a race spindle but still..). is james's kit custom? or are they the same and im just trippin? also aarons truck looks a bit different, his LCAs are at a much steeper angle
Old 09-07-2011, 06:07 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfreak201 View Post
even better

kinda off topic but how come every LT truck that comes out of the engage shop is sooo damn wide? james(in2nite) truck seems like its no where near as wide as this truck as well as socalrunner(he has a race spindle but still..). is james's kit custom? or are they the same and im just trippin? also aarons truck looks a bit different, his LCAs are at a much steeper angle
the engage kit is 4.5" per side while other kits are 3.5"... wheel backspacing and offset can play a role in over all track width too

the race spindle prob adds about 2" per side

aarons LCA's are the "4WD" LCA version, they have the bend to clear the cv axle... but it doesnt matter because there is no 4WD engage kit

chris still has wheel spacers up front, thats why it looks wider
Old 09-07-2011, 06:09 PM   #48
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck911 View Post

Everything is going to get done when it goes in for the rear link and cage. I get a better price from Hass when I get more stuff done at once. So therefore i am putting off most of the excess mods untill i can drop it off to get it all done.
Old 09-07-2011, 06:09 PM   #49
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
ooooooohhhhhhhhh link and cage?
Old 09-07-2011, 06:16 PM   #50
Max's Canadian Twin
theduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
theduck911's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Everything is going to get done when it goes in for the rear link and cage. I get a better price from Hass when I get more stuff done at once. So therefore i am putting off most of the excess mods untill i can drop it off to get it all done.

Well that's going to be awesome...if you're going all out...37" Grabbers & 4:88 Gears, well you already got the locker, and some beadlocks are all a must
Old 09-07-2011, 06:19 PM   #51

just curious... why links? simply for bling factor?

how do you know the 50T pack wont suit your needs? the project mayhem race truck is leaf sprung... as are numerous other race trucks

is the tacoma still gonna be your DD?

i'm not trying to be a dick... i'm just curious
Old 09-07-2011, 08:19 PM   #52

Quote:
just curious... why links? simply for bling factor?

how do you know the 50T pack wont suit your needs? the project mayhem race truck is leaf sprung... as are numerous other race trucks

is the tacoma still gonna be your DD?

i'm not trying to be a dick... i'm just curious
It's not going to be my DD when it goes into the shop next. I also plan on boosting the engine to 425-450HP and engage was having issues snapping leafs. Was told that if you are pushing over 400hp to the rear wheels the link is the way to go. I was already leaning that way and I'd like to race it. Seems more of a bullet proof system than shackles.
Old 09-07-2011, 08:29 PM   #53

Quote:
It's not going to be my DD when it goes into the shop next. I also plan on boosting the engine to 425-450HP and engage was having issues snapping leafs. Was told that if you are pushing over 400hp to the rear wheels the link is the way to go. I was already leaning that way and I'd like to race it. Seems more of a bullet proof system than shackles.
how you going to boost the HP that much?

what axle you going to run?

i remember reading that engage was breaking H70 packs on the plow left and right, thats why they came up with the 50T pack... they are snapping those too? it's a race pack...
Old 09-07-2011, 08:41 PM   #54

Quote:
how you going to boost the HP that much?

what axle you going to run?

i remember reading that engage was breaking H70 packs on the plow left and right, thats why they came up with the 50T pack... they are snapping those too? it's a race pack...
TRD supercharger with the URD emi and injectors. That's what they are using in the plow and claim 425 to the rear wheels. Also said there is more upside potential but they aren't having any issues right now boosting that much it's pretty well balanced. And I believe they were selling me on a Tundra axle when I was talking to them before months ago but never got really into specifics on the axle. And about the packs I honestly do not know. Also said that if you don't have at least 400 HP you won't be able to really use the 4link and any truck of the same HP shackled could keep up just fine. Please bear with me guys alot of this is new to me and I just want to do thing right the first time not regret going with a cheaper option down the road and end up costing me twice as much. If I knew everything I wouldn't be on here! Lol I definitely appreciate the suggestions and questions tho.
Old 09-07-2011, 08:42 PM   #55
cummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cummins6speed's Tacoma Gallery
Way too wide for my tastes
Old 09-07-2011, 08:45 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by cummins6speed View Post
Way too wide for my tastes
Don't judge their kit yet off my truck I have wheel spacers plus a heavy ass bumper with a winch that makes it sag a little in the front end. So it will be more than 2" skinnier when I have it set up properly
Old 09-07-2011, 08:54 PM   #57
FixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
FixedTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats on your kit, looks really aggressive. There are alot of Engage truck in here lately.
Old 09-07-2011, 08:59 PM   #58

Quote:
TRD supercharger with the URD emi and injectors. That's what they are using in the plow and claim 425 to the rear wheels. Also said there is more upside potential but they aren't having any issues right now boosting that much it's pretty well balanced. And I believe they were selling me on a Tundra axle when I was talking to them before months ago but never got really into specifics on the axle. And about the packs I honestly do not know. Also said that if you don't have at least 400 HP you won't be able to really use the 4link and any truck of the same HP shackled could keep up just fine. Please bear with me guys alot of this is new to me and I just want to do thing right the first time not regret going with a cheaper option down the road and end up costing me twice as much. If I knew everything I wouldn't be on here! Lol I definitely appreciate the suggestions and questions tho.
that's kinda my point... you've never had a built prerunner truck before. you dont know how well a properly set up leaf and tuned shock combo actually works. i mean, just because engage recomends you to link your truck based off everything else you plan to do... does not mean you should.

their race truck, the plow, which is linked has been beaten my leaf sprung trucks... links are cool but when learning to swim you dont just jump right into the deep end.

as far as swapping in a tundra axle thats kinda pointless... all you get is a wider axle... still the same size ring and pinion and with a 400+ HP linked truck you'll want at least a 9" rear end.

taking the cheap route would be to swap in a J66 pack and some bypasses and try to make it work and hope for the best. leaf springs along with bypasses and air bumps are def enough for 80% of people out there...

i'm not trying to be a debby downer or be a prick, but like ya said you're new to this and it seems like your just taking engages word and not figuring out what is best for you. i'm sure engage wants to take care of ya and build you a killer truck but links and back halfing the truck to run them def puts alot more $$$ into their pocket than a SUA set up...
Old 09-07-2011, 09:08 PM   #59
FixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
FixedTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
that's kinda my point... you've never had a built prerunner truck before. you dont know how well a properly set up leaf and tuned shock combo actually works. i mean, just because engage recomends you to link your truck based off everything else you plan to do... does not mean you should.

their race truck, the plow, which is linked has been beaten my leaf sprung trucks... links are cool but when learning to swim you dont just jump right into the deep end.

as far as swapping in a tundra axle thats kinda pointless... all you get is a wider axle... still the same size ring and pinion and with a 400+ HP linked truck you'll want at least a 9" rear end.

taking the cheap route would be to swap in a J66 pack and some bypasses and try to make it work and hope for the best. leaf springs along with bypasses and air bumps are def enough for 80% of people out there...

i'm not trying to be a debby downer or be a prick, but like ya said you're new to this and it seems like your just taking engages word and not figuring out what is best for you. i'm sure engage wants to take care of ya and build you a killer truck but links and back halfing the truck to run them def puts alot more $$$ into their pocket than a SUA set up...
x2 but I guess he did say it's not his DD and hes planning on racing it.
80% of the pplz don't have that type of money to fully built a racing truck.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:13 PM   #60
Morto un papa, se ne fa un'altro
motorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: EOD TEU1, MU 8, BUD/s 225, MA 9545
Name: Jason
motorsport36's Tacoma Gallery
I see them for sale up to 2009. Will this not fit/work with my 2011 pre runner?