DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

Reserved my Engage LT kit Today!!!

Old 09-09-2011, 04:29 PM   #161
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRS 2 TiFJ View Post
hahaha... sorry.. I know LT is the latest cool trend in trucks, but I'm old and old school and prefer rock crawling to desert running. SAS suits those needs much better than LT. Besides where's the nearest place to desert run for me? like 3+ hours away? I can hit a trail within an hour.
the latest craze is combining both

KOH!!!
Old 09-09-2011, 04:29 PM   #162
4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
4RunnerSeth's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via MSN to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerSeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
yup. can't sell it either... i tried.

and i was including alot of parts for "free" with the price i was asking...
Eh.. its like that with any modified truck unless you have something very seriously special or rare. I will lose my ass on my parts when i sell my FJ, but you gotta pay to play.
Old 09-09-2011, 04:32 PM   #163
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Eh.. its like that with any modified truck unless you have something very seriously special or rare. I will lose my ass on my parts when i sell my FJ, but you gotta pay to play.
very true... vehicles are by far not an investment.

but i was asking only $3500 more than KBB for a 2004 tacoma w/ the options and miles mine has, not to include all the crap i've welded and bolted onto it.

just a bad time for buyers and sellers
Old 09-09-2011, 04:34 PM   #164
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
hahaha... sorry.. I know LT is the latest cool trend in trucks, but I'm old and old school and prefer rock crawling to desert running. SAS suits those needs much better than LT. Besides where's the nearest place to desert run for me? like 3+ hours away? I can hit a trail within an hour.
I see, I'm just trendy. Got it. Last I checked my truck does pretty well in the trails and the dunes. LT flexes pretty nice. Didn't know you had your SAS done Seth

Old 09-09-2011, 04:34 PM   #165
4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via MSN to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerSeth
Quote:

but i was asking only $3500 more than KBB for a 2004 tacoma w/ the options and miles mine has, not to include all the crap i've welded and bolted onto it.

Yup! anyways... back on topic!

OP: Congrats on your setup even if it is that brocal LT stuff! haha.. anyways, ignore the pissing matches. what matters is that you're happy with what you got.
Old 09-09-2011, 04:36 PM   #166
Navy:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
I see, I'm just trendy. Got it. Last I checked my truck does pretty well in the trails and the dunes. LT flexes pretty nice. Didn't know you had your SAS done Seth

OOoOOoO you hollister show off! hahahah... hit the next hell hole or fordyce run then we will talk about it. I gotta a wife... that puts the kibosh on SAS for the FJ otherwise that would be my next mod.

I'm not saying that LT cant do the kind of stuff we do with our IFS.. but put it against a rig rockin 37's on a set of dana 60s and you wont follow it very far down the more complicated trails.
Old 09-09-2011, 04:38 PM   #167
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
OOoOOoO you hollister show off! hahahah... hit the next hell hole or fordyce run then we will talk about it. I gotta a wife... that puts the kibosh on SAS for the FJ otherwise that would be my next mod.
Yeah you've been away a while. If i had a motor in my truck I would have.

Now I have one, and as I recall Jerry has my old front suspension and it did just fine
Old 09-09-2011, 04:40 PM   #168
Navy:
Quote:
Yeah you've been away a while. If i had a motor in my truck I would have.

Now I have one, and as I recall Jerry has my old front suspension and it did just fine
Read my edit..
Old 09-09-2011, 04:40 PM   #169

Quote:
sweet pic jason!!!
Old 09-09-2011, 04:41 PM   #170
Navy:
Quote:
sweet pic jason!!!
Yeah his truck is sick. I havnt seen the new front suspension setup in person yet!
Old 09-09-2011, 04:41 PM   #171
The Mad Scientist

OP, sorry about the small thread jack.
Good luck with your truck. Looking great so far.
Old 09-09-2011, 04:43 PM   #172
Navy:
Quote:
Yeah .. how dare you thread jack!
Old 09-09-2011, 05:02 PM   #173
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Haha it's all good man. Now that the dust has cleared I can step back in lol. Thanks for all the complements and constructive criticism to all. And for the past hour of entertainment of reading all the posts! Just looking to get out racing and having fun. Still a ton of work to be done.

Oh and for those of you who think it's a fad when you stare at a desert all day everyday you to crazy and want to make the best of it!

The pic is of el mirage dry lake bed from a hangar where I work
Attached Thumbnails
Reserved my Engage LT kit Today!!!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1315612506.954141.jpg  
Old 09-09-2011, 05:16 PM   #174
He who angers you conquers you
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
I can do El Mirage dry lake bed even if I was to install Daytonas 13" rims on my taco.
Old 09-09-2011, 05:24 PM   #175
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown View Post
I can do El Mirage dry lake bed even if I was to install Daytonas 13" rims on my taco.
Id hope so.............. its not hard at all. obviously its a flat peice of dirt. but there are other areas around it and all over the high desert. here there are tons of places. just showing you guys what I stare at all day everyday lol. I dont bother going to El Mirage its boring. many more options close buy.
Old 09-09-2011, 06:24 PM   #176

Ok guys serious question. 17" beadlocks with proper backspacing. Anyone suggest a couple brands that can take a beating?
Old 09-09-2011, 06:38 PM   #177

Quote:
Originally Posted by tostidos View Post
Ok guys serious question. 17" beadlocks with proper backspacing. Anyone suggest a couple brands that can take a beating?
method, KMC, walker evans, robby gordons
Old 09-09-2011, 08:54 PM   #178
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
Method or walker Evans can take a beating.
Old 09-09-2011, 09:02 PM   #179
precoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: corey
precoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

i was literally like 2k away from offering you cash for your truck before i got mine but i couldent do the 2wd hahaha still love it though
Old 09-09-2011, 09:07 PM   #180
E-Fabber
Anthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
Anthony250's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tostidos View Post
Id hope so.............. its not hard at all. obviously its a flat peice of dirt. but there are other areas around it and all over the high desert. here there are tons of places. just showing you guys what I stare at all day everyday lol. I dont bother going to El Mirage its boring. many more options close buy.
El mirage is not bad, but it can be boring, my neighbors going out tomorow morning, for the SCTA time trials, hes taking his race car, im considering going tomorow or sunday,