DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

Race radio mounting

Old 08-29-2011, 02:43 AM   #1
in2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 4/27th FA... MLRS.... Wertheim Germany
Name: James
in2nite's Tacoma Gallery
Race radio mounting

So i decided to remount my race radio. had it mounted in my cupholder but never really liked it. I saw it mounted like the pics on the LOORS Tacoma pace truck and decided to do today. It took a little over an hour to do, due to just taking my time. I used a drill, Jigsaw, flat file, and a dremel.
Attached Thumbnails
Race radio mounting-downey-norwalk-20110828-00059.jpg   Race radio mounting-downey-norwalk-20110828-00060-1-.jpg  
Old 08-29-2011, 07:06 AM   #2
Deanthemachine is on a distinguished road
Deanthemachine's Tacoma Gallery
That's a nice spot. I never wouldve thought of putting one there. Nice work
Old 08-29-2011, 08:13 AM   #3
vitang is one of the sharper tools in the shedvitang is one of the sharper tools in the shedvitang is one of the sharper tools in the shedvitang is one of the sharper tools in the shedvitang is one of the sharper tools in the shedvitang is one of the sharper tools in the shedvitang is one of the sharper tools in the shedvitang is one of the sharper tools in the shedvitang is one of the sharper tools in the shedvitang is one of the sharper tools in the shedvitang is one of the sharper tools in the shed

vitang's Tacoma Gallery
Can you do mine.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:53 AM   #4
Dezert Lovers Unite
Engage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Engage Marketing
Engage Offroad's Tacoma Gallery
great job! now you have to mount that intercom!
Old 08-29-2011, 11:32 AM   #5
in2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shed

in2nite's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitang View Post
Can you do mine.
I got u.
Old 08-29-2011, 11:45 AM   #6

in2nite's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Engage Offroad View Post
great job! now you have to mount that intercom!
Def thats next. i need to make a face plate for it..
Old 08-31-2011, 04:00 PM   #7
FixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
FixedTRD's Tacoma Gallery
That's an awesome job.
Old 08-31-2011, 08:40 PM   #9

in2nite's Tacoma Gallery
I mounted the avcomm 550 Intercom today. Its not hooked up yet, but here is the pic. Made a template and cut a hole in the center console glove box.

oh yeah im selling my single seat wiring kit now.
Attached Thumbnails
Race radio mounting-center-console.jpg  
Old 08-31-2011, 08:44 PM   #10

in2nite's Tacoma Gallery
for sure Matt its going to be a blast. Johnnie sent me some GPS points to some spots, just have to figure out how to get them in the gps. lol
Old 08-31-2011, 09:08 PM   #11
Trifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trifenix's Tacoma Gallery
looking good! i mounted mine in the glove compartment.
Old 08-31-2011, 09:24 PM   #12

in2nite's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trifenix View Post
looking good! i mounted mine in the glove compartment.
Thanx... I thought about putting it in there, but i figured since i cut one hole id cut another.... lol
Old 10-12-2012, 04:02 PM   #13
sully1981 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsully1981 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsully1981 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsully1981 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsully1981 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsully1981 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsully1981 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsully1981 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsully1981 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsully1981 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsully1981 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

sully1981's Tacoma Gallery
thats a awesome idea. Just got my radio and have been sitting in the car for an hour trying to think of places to mount it. where did you screw the bracket to?
Old 10-12-2012, 04:42 PM   #14
distinguished bongo truck art critic
Mxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police Platoon Leader
Name: Chase
Mxpatriot's Tacoma Gallery
I have mine mounted like that too,, no bracket just a pressed in fit, it works great

Old 10-12-2012, 06:00 PM   #15
sully1981 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsully1981 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsully1981 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsully1981 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsully1981 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsully1981 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsully1981 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsully1981 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsully1981 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsully1981 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsully1981 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

sully1981's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxpatriot View Post
I have mine mounted like that too,, no bracket just a pressed in fit, it works great

even better. it doesn't rattle very bad? i love this gonna make life easy.

do you have a sub in your car? I have read elsewhere about the radio messing with the radio. I go a screw on antenna (not magnet) and plan on routing wires up passenger side front window coloum to center of roof. Do you think i will be ok or should i route my antenna a different way. Also did you connect wires straight to battery or come off your stereo red?
Old 10-12-2012, 06:59 PM   #16
distinguished bongo truck art critic
Mxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police Platoon Leader
Name: Chase
Mxpatriot's Tacoma Gallery
Doesn't rattle an ounce. I run the stock stereo with the 2M at the same time without issues, and my antennas are mounted right next to each other (CB, 2M, and FM are all on a bed bar)

I went straight to the battery, with an inline fuse.