DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

Matching your fiberglass

Old 08-31-2011, 02:58 PM   #1
Cheeba Chief
Nicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Nicks4x4LT's Tacoma Gallery
Talking Matching your fiberglass

I need some your opinions on fenders. I currently am running fiberwerx front fenders but i would never want to put myself through the pain of ordering anything else from them. I'm looking to do the bedsides pretty quick here and ive heard only good things about glassworks but would like some input on the fitment on a second gen and how that would look. Also any other company that you could recommend.
Old 08-31-2011, 03:29 PM   #2
Cheeba Chief
Nicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dieing of boredom in class bump!!
Old 08-31-2011, 03:31 PM   #3
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
glass works customer service isnt much better.
Old 08-31-2011, 03:31 PM   #4
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
Fiberwerx fitment is shit but i love the TT look so i took about a day and got them to fit pretty well, im satisfied with everything, its only the tailights you have to worry about unlike the front which needs to match up with headlights, hood, and door. the bedsides are actually alot easier since theres less crap to align
Old 08-31-2011, 03:35 PM   #5
Cheeba Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfreak201 View Post
Fiberwerx fitment is shit but i love the TT look so i took about a day and got them to fit pretty well, im satisfied with everything, its only the tailights you have to worry about unlike the front which needs to match up with headlights, hood, and door. the bedsides are actually alot easier since theres less crap to align
Ive heard glassworks go on super easy n fit almost perfect, i talked to a guy that had fiberwerx front n back n he said it was a bitch to get them to fit right
Old 08-31-2011, 03:37 PM   #6
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yup they are, i was lazy on my fronts so they still kinda suck but im over it, ask special K, his glassworks line up PERFECTLY, blackhawke has hanneman and his are pretty good as well, not sure how much work he put into them though, just get the TTs and ill help you out if you want, they are so sick
Old 08-31-2011, 04:25 PM   #7
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
DTFtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Glassworks

The End
Old 08-31-2011, 04:28 PM   #8

oh yeah i forgot glass made TTs...
Old 08-31-2011, 04:28 PM   #9
distinguished bongo truck art critic
Mxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police Platoon Leader
Name: Chase
Mxpatriot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by shocktaco View Post
Glassworks

The End
I find it funny that the "Moving forward" slogan and arrow is pointing backwards.
Old 08-31-2011, 04:39 PM   #10
Cheeba Chief

Mind fux, anyways i think the glassworks look similar to fiberwerx just not as aggressive and their local so no shipping charges. I appreciate the offer to help krish, but i dont think your gonna wanna drive out to fontana just to help put on bedsides haha. Im probably gonna build my tire carrier and pick up a spare so i have to generate some bills haha
Old 08-31-2011, 04:50 PM   #12
Cheeba Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by straycat241 View Post
i got the glassworks, get your self a dremel and it'll be a lot easier to get the fit nice. sanding +hole drilling
Yeah it seems like the better choice, i heard its easier on second gens also. Minimal trimming and sanding. Im kind of ocd about things not lining up, and thats what i like about glassworks.
Old 08-31-2011, 11:20 PM   #14
Cheeba Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoXdoer View Post
i have front old glass that didnt align correctly around headlights i just ordered an all black set from glassworks(front and rear)
Nice, did you get the TT bedsides or the normal ones?
Old 08-31-2011, 11:27 PM   #15
it's about the off-road miles
tacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
tacokid09's Tacoma Gallery
subbed for future reference
Old 08-31-2011, 11:33 PM   #16
Cheeba Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacokid09 View Post
subbed for future reference
Roger that haha glassworks TT bedsides are pretty slick lookin and i just had an epiphany about how i want to build my tire carrier, i had some good inspiration
Old 08-31-2011, 11:34 PM   #17
tacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibaChief View Post
Roger that haha glassworks TT bedsides are pretty slick lookin and i just had an epiphany about how i want to build my tire carrier, i had some good inspiration
hahahha epiphanies are the best ever!!!
Old 08-31-2011, 11:39 PM   #18
Cheeba Chief

Quote:
hahahha epiphanies are the best ever!!!
Fuck.. I have to get up for work at like 4 tomorrow... Im gonna be thinking about this all night, like compulsively lol
Old 08-31-2011, 11:47 PM   #19
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibaChief View Post
Fuck.. I have to get up for work at like 4 tomorrow... Im gonna be thinking about this all night, like compulsively lol
draw it out right now then go to sleep so its on paper
Old 08-31-2011, 11:51 PM   #20
Cheeba Chief

Quote:
draw it out right now then go to sleep so its on paper
I just wrote down the basic idea, ill draw it out on the computer i think