DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

Spacers on the rear axle to make track width more equal

Old 09-26-2011, 12:53 PM   #1
distinguished bongo truck art critic
Mxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police Platoon Leader
Name: Chase
Mxpatriot's Tacoma Gallery
Spacers on the rear axle to make track width more equal

Who's running them? Any issues with them not withstanding hard wheeling?

I'm thinking of running some 1.5'' spacers on the rear axle to make the rear wheels track closer to the front wheels.
Old 09-26-2011, 01:13 PM   #2
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
i know alot of people do.

im pretty sure blackhawk does. uhh i forgot who else..
Old 09-26-2011, 01:33 PM   #3
Duck Killing Machine
Siebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: CJ
Siebler's Tacoma Gallery
I have been on mine for about a year. No issues thus far, just make sure you get Quality spacers.
Old 09-26-2011, 01:37 PM   #4
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siebler View Post
I have been on mine for about a year. No issues thus far, just make sure you get Quality spacers.
this! ^

Spidertrax are all I would run!
Old 09-26-2011, 01:39 PM   #5
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siebler View Post
Same
Old 09-26-2011, 01:44 PM   #6
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Same here but they make me uncomfortable. Custom width rear axle is high on my wish list.
Old 09-26-2011, 02:39 PM   #7
distinguished bongo truck art critic
Mxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police Platoon Leader
Name: Chase
Mxpatriot's Tacoma Gallery
Any experience with all pro's spacers?

I have one of their 1.5's but never used it - I bought it before I had a matching spare wheel to solve the backspace issues of the stock spare on a gusseted spindle.
Old 09-26-2011, 02:51 PM   #8
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
Same here but they make me uncomfortable.
that's cause you use them for anal ring toss,your anus not hers. i agree with you,I'm not 100% sold on spacers
Old 09-26-2011, 04:02 PM   #9
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
DTFtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Just torque em down and apply some red thread locker
Old 09-26-2011, 04:08 PM   #10
FixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
FixedTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I have the 1.5 all pro ones on the rear. No issue so far but its only been one month haha.
Old 09-26-2011, 04:45 PM   #11
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by shocktaco View Post
Just torque em down and apply some red thread locker
this, make sure they are torqued to the specs it tells you and put the red locktight stuff(it usually comes with them) i have spidertrax in the front of my truck and i dont have any issues, spacer paranoia just gets to me and i end up pulling my wheels off and checking them every month or so
Old 09-26-2011, 04:58 PM   #12
FMLYHM
BMiller421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMiller421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMiller421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMiller421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMiller421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMiller421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMiller421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMiller421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMiller421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMiller421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMiller421 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
BMiller421's Tacoma Gallery
I've got some All Pro 1.5" spacers in the rear..still doesn't even come close to matching the froggy front width..
Old 09-26-2011, 05:02 PM   #13
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
i have the 1.5" all pro wheel spacers too. no problems so far

i check them pretty often, just to be safe...
Old 09-27-2011, 07:51 AM   #14
krumble is a splendid one to beholdkrumble is a splendid one to beholdkrumble is a splendid one to beholdkrumble is a splendid one to beholdkrumble is a splendid one to beholdkrumble is a splendid one to beholdkrumble is a splendid one to beholdkrumble is a splendid one to behold
Name: Jon
krumble's Tacoma Gallery
I've been running spidertrax since I got long travel and haven't had a single issue
Old 09-27-2011, 10:33 PM   #16
in2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 4/27th FA... MLRS.... Wertheim Germany
Name: James
in2nite's Tacoma Gallery
been running for 2 years no issues.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:41 PM   #17
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I got 'em in the back too... no long travel, but spindle lift widened my front by 3" so I used 1.5" spacers on each side in the back to even it out. No issues yet... but I am kinda leary of them (even WITH my "young and therefore invincible" status haha)

They are aluminum though... so I figure if they're ready to break they'll start to bend first and cause some horribly wobbly wheels.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:13 PM   #18
cnix43 has a spectacular aura aboutcnix43 has a spectacular aura about
Name: Christopher
cnix43's Tacoma Gallery
I've got 2 inch ones from H&R and I have only put them on once. Perfect. A must have for LT trucks if you ask me.
Wit the front all wide and the back all tucked under big fenders... G A YYYYYeeeee!!!
hahaahaaa JK, I just think it looks way better stanced. But maybe that's just me coming from the world of hellaflush.
Old 10-02-2011, 04:19 PM   #19
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery

check mine yesterday... still no problems to report.

i love red locktight
Old 10-02-2011, 04:23 PM   #20
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
I'm running the spidertrax spacers on the rear. I beat the shit out of my truck and have had zero issues with the spacers.

As everyone else says, red locktight and retorque them regularly.