DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

King shock question..

Old 09-29-2011, 11:27 AM   #1
FMLYHM
BMiller421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMiller421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMiller421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMiller421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMiller421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMiller421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMiller421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMiller421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMiller421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMiller421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMiller421 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
BMiller421's Tacoma Gallery
King shock question..

I've been scheming on how to lower my ride height in the front..

Now I know it's common to use dual rate springs on shocks with 10" stroke and up..but why not on an 8" stroke?

http://www.race-dezert.com/classifie...etails&id=4354

Any input is appreciated..
Old 09-29-2011, 11:32 AM   #2
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
I dont think there is enough room. I would email or call King
Old 09-29-2011, 11:33 AM   #3
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
i would think cause 8inch coilovers are too short to have 2 different spring rates.
Old 09-29-2011, 11:45 AM   #4
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Like everyone said they are a little too short. you can still do it but its know to really lower the truck and it doesn't make enough difference to do it. I asked last time I was at Kartek
Old 09-29-2011, 12:29 PM   #5
Toyota Its Like A Jeep Thing Only Better
Socalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Socalrunner's Tacoma Gallery
I'm curious to my truck sits way to high.
Old 09-29-2011, 12:34 PM   #6
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socalrunner View Post
I'm curious to my truck sits way to high.
Its the geometry of the engage kit. The way everything is setup on those kits they sit sky high. Look at your uniball angle on their kit. Its almost maxed out at ride hight on all of the stuff I have seen in person.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:52 PM   #7
in2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 4/27th FA... MLRS.... Wertheim Germany
Name: James
in2nite's Tacoma Gallery
Chris arent you running a 4 inch "race" spindle. my truck doesnt sit that high. i have a stock gusseted. Also what tire size r you running. Im running 35's.. i have about an inch of pre load turned into the front..
Attached Thumbnails
King shock question..-img_0098.jpg  
Old 09-30-2011, 08:52 AM   #9
Defined is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefined is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefined is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefined is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefined is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefined is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefined is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefined is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefined is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefined is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefined is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: mike
Defined's Tacoma Gallery
why? is it just to blow money down the drain?

just get a softer spring rate and be done with it.

first off i dont think you can get the collar on the shock to tune the seconday spring engagement zone. then theres very little room to set the collar up properly . then the probably 3-400$ to buy 2 sets of springs and rate plates. then because of the short springs and rate plate the coils are so short you may put them in coil bind

now you could remove all the preload to get your rideheight and them the spring will most likely be loose at full droop . at that point you could play around with a spring tender to take up the slack . but the added spring will probably bring the ride height up a little bit depending on space constraints

just bring it by my shop and we will get you figured out.
Old 09-30-2011, 10:24 AM   #10
FMLYHM
BMiller421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMiller421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMiller421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMiller421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMiller421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMiller421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMiller421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMiller421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMiller421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMiller421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMiller421 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defined View Post
why? is it just to blow money down the drain?

just get a softer spring rate and be done with it.

first off i dont think you can get the collar on the shock to tune the seconday spring engagement zone. then theres very little room to set the collar up properly . then the probably 3-400$ to buy 2 sets of springs and rate plates. then because of the short springs and rate plate the coils are so short you may put them in coil bind

now you could remove all the preload to get your rideheight and them the spring will most likely be loose at full droop . at that point you could play around with a spring tender to take up the slack . but the added spring will probably bring the ride height up a little bit depending on space constraints

just bring it by my shop and we will get you figured out.
Where is your shop?
Old 09-30-2011, 10:27 AM   #11
FMLYHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony250 View Post
It should work, and the guy on DR isnt gonna switch coils?
He said it is too far to meet up halfway..and he doesn't want to borrow a car..

But whatever..
Old 09-30-2011, 10:45 AM   #12
Defined is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefined is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefined is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefined is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefined is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefined is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefined is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefined is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefined is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefined is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefined is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: mike
Defined's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMiller421 View Post
Where is your shop?

ah, sorry i just saw you were in bakersfield.

im in yorba linda, ca near anaheim
Old 09-30-2011, 11:31 AM   #13
FMLYHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defined View Post
ah, sorry i just saw you were in bakersfield.

im in yorba linda, ca near anaheim
Hmm..maybe i'll take the wife and kids to disneyland one of these weekends..then stop by..

I think in the meantime..i'll just buy some softer eibach springs and give them a shot since my idea is frowned upon..