DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

Considering long travel? Read here first.

Old 11-01-2011, 03:24 PM   #41
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
The noise and the on road handling. I would tow it around to the desert.
Old 11-01-2011, 03:29 PM   #42
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
DTFtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
me too
Old 11-01-2011, 03:29 PM   #43
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
They creak and moan, but if that doesn't bother you than there's not any problems being a dd besides parking lol
Old 11-01-2011, 03:44 PM   #44
your TW web developer!
rondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ronnie
rondog's Tacoma Gallery
mine handles great on and off road
Old 11-01-2011, 03:46 PM   #45
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by rondog View Post
mine handles great on and off road
Until you turn and scrape the rocker panel.

I'm just saying for those that bitch about the noise. Don't like it? Don't LT or don't DD a LT truck.
Old 11-01-2011, 03:49 PM   #46
FixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
FixedTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post

I'm just saying for those that bitch about the noise. Don't like it? Don't LT or don't DD a LT truck.
X2 on the noise.
Old 11-01-2011, 04:01 PM   #47
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Until you turn and scrape the rocker panel.

Dynamat everything
Old 11-01-2011, 04:05 PM   #48
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
Dynamat everything
Yeah then you have a mid size LT truck that weighs in at 8000lbs.
Old 11-01-2011, 04:06 PM   #49
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
just get head sets for your truck for 500 bucks and f the dynamat
Old 11-01-2011, 04:37 PM   #50
distinguished bongo truck art critic
Mxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police Platoon Leader
Name: Chase
Mxpatriot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Don't DD a LT truck.
Besides Logan and MJP2, everyone here pretty much DD's their LT truck, so I don't know where the hell you're coming from on that one. It's not a cadillac, but that doesn't mean you can't rock the creaking and the leaning proudly. Just turn the music up.
Old 11-01-2011, 04:44 PM   #51
Quote:
Yeah then you have a mid size LT truck that weighs in at 8000lbs.
Bro...I'll just get a throttle body spacer and have plenty of power for a 8k pound truck.
Old 11-01-2011, 04:52 PM   #52
what did I miss?
skunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedskunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedskunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedskunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedskunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedskunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedskunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedskunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedskunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedskunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedskunk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rudi
skunk's Tacoma Gallery
Great post, I was really set on the AP LT kit but after reading this it just doesn't make any sense (to me that is) to spend all that money. I decided to pull the trigger on a decent mid-travel set up as a comprimise.
Old 11-01-2011, 04:53 PM   #53
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxpatriot View Post
Besides Logan and MJP2, everyone here pretty much DD's their LT truck, so I don't know where the hell you're coming from on that one. It's not a cadillac, but that doesn't mean you can't rock the creaking and the leaning proudly. Just turn the music up.
That's nice for a the Degans. As I said in another post, if you are going to complain about the noise then don't LT or don't DD a LT truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
Bro...I'll just get a throttle body spacer and have plenty of power for a 8k pound truck.
Sweet. Braaaaawhistleaaaaaap!
Old 11-01-2011, 05:29 PM   #54
distinguished bongo truck art critic
Mxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police Platoon Leader
Name: Chase
Mxpatriot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That's nice for a the Degans. As I said in another post, if you are going to complain about the noise then don't LT or don't DD a LT truck.

Sweet. Braaaaawhistleaaaaaap!
I do DD an LT truck and I don't complain about the noise (I made this thread...)

Look at the luxury prerunners, they're dynamatted to keep the noise down. The reason you don't see more LT trucks doing it is $$$ - I'd rather spend that money on bigger, badder suspension components.
Old 11-01-2011, 05:34 PM   #55
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxpatriot View Post
I do DD an LT truck and I don't complain about the noise (I made this thread...)

Look at the luxury prerunners, they're dynamatted to keep the noise down. The reason you don't see more LT trucks doing it is $$$ - I'd rather spend that money on bigger, badder suspension components.
This guy was talking about dynomatting:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 661prerunner View Post
I'm strarting to look in the LT kits and finding everything out that i can about building and owning a LT truck. with this post I still plan on following through

But my question is: Does anyone think that Dynamatting will help with the noise?
I would also rather spend on suspension. It is a LT truck after all.
Old 11-01-2011, 05:37 PM   #56
If your spending several K on suspension, Whats a couple hundred on dynamat. Hell get fat mat for half the price
Old 11-01-2011, 07:06 PM   #57
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
My truck is LT in the front and I have no extra noise. The noise really comes when you cage it. Then all of the vibrations are coming through the cage and lack of interior (Eric isnt even LT and he has the noise). Dynomat or whatever wont help that much. If you can just put your headliner and other stock stuff back in with the roll cage it will do the same thing
Old 11-01-2011, 08:30 PM   #58
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
i think i'm gonna dynamat my bushings, uniballs, leafs, bypasses, steering heims, and bedsides...
Old 11-01-2011, 08:32 PM   #59
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
i think i'm gonna dynamat my bushings, uniballs, leafs, bypasses, steering heims, and bedsides...
I'm not LT so I'm going to put some on my on my Dynomat on my pistons because they are too loud.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:34 PM   #60
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
That's deffiantly a solid idea