DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

Considering long travel? Read here first.

Old 03-05-2013, 07:39 PM   #102
hauck04 is on a distinguished road
Name: Brandon
hauck04's Tacoma Gallery
I am looking for any suggestions on a medium travel kit. Frankly I did not have time to read through every thread so if this was already address I appoligize in advance.

*2007 Taco Double cab 4.0

After reading this great write up I have decided that LT may be a bit much for me at this point. I have always thought the look and function of LT trucks was AWESOME, just didn't realize how much went into them. For a daily driver I feel like somthing a little less maintence intensive would be best. I have a good mechanical skill set, and would be stoaked to do the maintence, and install but I am a total Newb to this stuff.

What I'm really looking for is a list of what I need. So that I can still have a sweet slightly lower maintence medium travel kit. I've been seeing a lot of Fox 2.0 Resi stuff, would that be good for me? Could I start w/ a Camburg UA, and one of these CO's? Should I get spindles as well? What about a Lower Control Arm, when are these nessecary? Would I still need Fiberglass w/ a medium travel kit?

I know I have a lot of questions, any help would be much appreciated.
Old 03-06-2013, 03:19 AM   #103
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Mid-travel my friend........

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...bs-thread.html
Old 03-07-2013, 08:56 PM   #104
distinguished bongo truck art critic
Mxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police Platoon Leader
Name: Chase
Mxpatriot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hauck04 View Post
I am looking for any suggestions on a medium travel kit. Frankly I did not have time to read through every thread so if this was already address I appoligize in advance.

*2007 Taco Double cab 4.0

After reading this great write up I have decided that LT may be a bit much for me at this point. I have always thought the look and function of LT trucks was AWESOME, just didn't realize how much went into them. For a daily driver I feel like somthing a little less maintence intensive would be best. I have a good mechanical skill set, and would be stoaked to do the maintence, and install but I am a total Newb to this stuff.

What I'm really looking for is a list of what I need. So that I can still have a sweet slightly lower maintence medium travel kit. I've been seeing a lot of Fox 2.0 Resi stuff, would that be good for me? Could I start w/ a Camburg UA, and one of these CO's? Should I get spindles as well? What about a Lower Control Arm, when are these nessecary? Would I still need Fiberglass w/ a medium travel kit?

I know I have a lot of questions, any help would be much appreciated.
I would stick with 2.5'' CO's and would definitely recommend remote resi. Fox, King, Sway-away are all fine brands. Fox is my personal preference, parts are widely available all over the country.

Go with Camburg or TC. There are other options out there that are fine, but those two have a very well earned reputation for stuff that just plain works, and works well.

If you buy a mid-travel UCA, it cannot be used with long travel. Neither can the CO, without a large spacer, which is counter-productive. I ran a spacer for about a month before I could afford to purchase new coil overs.

TC offers stock width, 2'' over, and 3.5'' over UCA/LCA kits. I would recommend the 2'' kit, it's the best of both worlds. The 3.5'' kit is fine as well.

You can run fiberglass on any truck, but it will look funny without an increase in track width and bigger tires. You do not need it for mid-travel.

You can run midtravel with spacers and it will look fine, or you can use a lift spindle that increases track width as well (if you are 2WD; lift spindles do not work on 4WD trucks).
Old 03-08-2013, 06:38 AM   #105
hauck04 is on a distinguished road
Name: Brandon
hauck04's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome! Thank you very much for the input; I appreciate your advise.
Old 04-06-2013, 08:20 PM   #106
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd, thanks to TW i'll be LT rear and MT front and be happy with that. I've learned so much in the 4 years i've been here!
Old 09-27-2013, 08:27 PM   #107
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
Well I would love to go LT but with time constraints and money being low I will pass on it for a while
Old 11-07-2013, 09:30 AM   #108
C.R. FAB is on a distinguished road

Name: CHRISTIAN
C.R. FAB's Tacoma Gallery
Hi i'm new on this site,considering LT for my 2009 TRD taco 4x4 and looking to build a 4 links for the back. (all ready got 18 inch chocks)
My question is: if i put bushings every were it should solve the sound issue?? and it will cost less,no?

And does spacers in front tend to wear out more the inner section of the tire? If so,do you change the camber to fix it?
I made fake bead lock with 17 steel wheel and 0 offset and had to shim 1/4 to clear the caliper,my front suspention is stock exept 3 inchs lift.(for now)!! And it tend to do so,but before i put these wheels it did not.

What do you mean by SOA
SAC?

------------------------------------------
Normally i speak french!!
Old 11-07-2013, 09:56 AM   #109
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Wat

Soa-spring over axle

Sac-solid axle conversion
Old 11-07-2013, 03:43 PM   #111
C.R. FAB is on a distinguished road

Name: CHRISTIAN
C.R. FAB's Tacoma Gallery
Thank's for the nick name! I like it
Old 11-13-2013, 01:08 PM   #113
Sailing the Seven Seas
Tango Bravo is on a distinguished road

Name: Thomas
Tango Bravo's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome write up here! Cant wait to start looking into a LT kit myself.
Sub'd!
Old 02-18-2014, 11:29 AM   #114
2012tacoma603 is on a distinguished road
2012tacoma603's Tacoma Gallery
Any idea on how much lift a total chaos +3.5 kit will give you? It says 3.5 on their web page but that doesn't seem like a lot. Not looking for huge lift but....
Old 02-18-2014, 11:31 AM   #115
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012tacoma603 View Post
Any idea on how much lift a total chaos +3.5 kit will give you? It says 3.5 on their web page but that doesn't seem like a lot. Not looking for huge lift but....

A lift is not really the point of a LT kit, typically 3-4 for a 3.5 over is normal for 4x4, perhaps a bit more for 2wd depending on setup.
Old 02-18-2014, 03:44 PM   #116
2012tacoma603 is on a distinguished road
2012tacoma603's Tacoma Gallery
So then what's the best way to get a couple more inches out of it is like to have like 6 inches total up front
Old 03-11-2014, 04:45 PM   #117
Sandrail is on a distinguished road
Name: Paul
Sandrail's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the info.was considering going with lt kit,but that is not gonna happen. I will be happy with my 3 inch toy tech lift.but still would like to go with double shock,on the front end.
Old 04-12-2014, 09:33 PM   #118
cmyersgo is on a distinguished road
Name: Carter
cmyersgo's Tacoma Gallery
So I am looking at buying a truck that has been built out already for long travel and plan on using it as a toy truck not my DD but just the weekend truck. How extensive doesn't maintenance get when you are only taking the truck out every once in a while. Looking for some local help possibly in AZ.
Old 04-13-2014, 09:17 AM   #119
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyersgo View Post
So I am looking at buying a truck that has been built out already for long travel and plan on using it as a toy truck not my DD but just the weekend truck. How extensive doesn't maintenance get when you are only taking the truck out every once in a while. Looking for some local help possibly in AZ.
Quite a few guys in AZ, what part? Any pics of the truck?
Old 04-13-2014, 09:56 AM   #120
cmyersgo is on a distinguished road
Name: Carter
cmyersgo's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in Gilbert. The truck is in Tempe. The guy doesn't have a whole lot of information on the truck and I looked at it at night plus I don't know a whole lot about the trucks yet. Seems like a good deal to me based on all the pricing I've been finding so far on here. It's a t100 4x4 with the 4 cylinder engine. The 4x4 isn't hooked up though and the engine is re geared so it gets up and goes. The cab is caged as well and has an engine cage. As far as I could tell it looked to be all custom fabbed by the first owner.
Considering long travel?  Read here first.-uploadfromtaptalk1397408093903.jpg