Notices

Stock Intake Problem

Old 10-03-2011, 01:44 PM   #1
tnttse is on a distinguished road
Name: Tyler
tnttse's Tacoma Gallery
Stock Intake Problem

Hey everyone, I need some help.
I had Glasswork unlimited fenders put on my truck a few months ago and noticed that the intake was exposed. didn't think much of it till i went through some mud. It got very dirty so i took of the tubing that goes from my filter to the fender wall. now the intake point is from the filter in my engine bay. how did you guys move or modify the intake so it was not exposed?
Old 10-03-2011, 02:21 PM   #2
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
DTFtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I installed a URD TCAI

http://www.urdusa.com/p1260518504/UR...duct_info.html
Old 10-03-2011, 03:16 PM   #3
distinguished bongo truck art critic
Mxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police Platoon Leader
Name: Chase
Mxpatriot's Tacoma Gallery
I shortened the intake tube and plated over the hole in the fenderwall.
Old 10-03-2011, 04:23 PM   #4
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
dont drive though mud
Old 10-03-2011, 04:24 PM   #5
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

lol
Old 10-03-2011, 05:02 PM   #6
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
Old 10-04-2011, 11:13 AM   #7
tnttse's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by shocktaco View Post
did you recalibrate the sensor?
Old 10-04-2011, 11:15 AM   #8
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Just as worthless when in mud.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:18 AM   #9
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnttse View Post
Sensor doesn't need to be recalibrated, you just need to add aproximately 15" of wiring to extend the reach of the sensor.

But whippers right, still useless in mud

Whipper, I am seriously concerned about your post count.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:20 AM   #10
Dezert Toy Fabrication

Quote:
no still works great

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Just as worthless when in mud.
Sorry didn't realize you like to go through mud thats half way up your door. The intake is in middle of the grill
Old 10-04-2011, 11:22 AM   #11
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Sorry didn't realize you like to go through mud thats half way up your door. The intake is in middle of the grill
Well.... really, the URD TCAI isn't any higher or lower then the stock intake, just moves intake from fender to grill, which is good if you cut out parts of your wheelwells and your throwing mud into your intake off the tire... I can see slight benefits to it.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:26 AM   #12
Dezert Toy Fabrication

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenTusk View Post
Well.... really, the URD TCAI isn't any higher or lower then the stock intake, just moves intake from fender to grill, which is good if you cut out parts of your wheelwells and your throwing mud into your intake off the tire... I can see slight benefits to it.
I switched when I found a pound of sand, a clogged air filter, and large rocks in my stock intake tube

I've been much happier since the switch
Old 10-04-2011, 11:27 AM   #13

Quote:
I switched when I found a pound of sand, a clogged air filter, and large rocks in my stock intake tube

I've been much happier since the switch
You did that with your stock intake?? and switch to the TCAI? or vise versa?
Old 10-04-2011, 11:30 AM   #14
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
PM cr250jumper

he used his mudflaps, its pretty dam cool
Old 10-04-2011, 11:30 AM   #15
Dezert Toy Fabrication

I did that with my stock intake after I put fiberglass fenders on. I switched to URD TCAI and I've been much happier since.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:33 AM   #16
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...oma-build.html

if your short on cash give this a try
Old 10-04-2011, 11:33 AM   #17
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
I guess rain or splashing doesn't happen in your area.

Quote:
Whipper, I am seriously concerned about your post count.
Old 10-04-2011, 06:54 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
I guess rain or splashing doesn't happen in your area.

...... ya....
Old 10-04-2011, 06:56 PM   #19
tnttse's Tacoma Gallery
looks like im saving up for the urd tcai
Old 10-04-2011, 07:01 PM   #20
Banned
Quote:
...... ya....
Don't be. I wish I wasn't sitting at a desk all day.

Quote:
looks like im saving up for the urd tcai
You should really get something enclosed like a UMP or AFE canister style filter housing.