Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

going lt

Old 10-04-2011, 11:29 AM   #1
feldman28 is on a distinguished road

Name: chris
feldman28's Tacoma Gallery
going lt

J w how much it cost to do the it kit. Going to do it my self.or is there a better kit out there thanks
Old 10-04-2011, 11:33 AM   #2
your TW web developer!
rondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ronnie
rondog's Tacoma Gallery
such an open ended question...you need to be more specific. Buying a kit will probably cost more, building your own is going to be very hard if you have no experience
Old 10-04-2011, 11:33 AM   #3
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by feldman28 View Post
J w how much it cost to do the it kit. Going to do it my self.or is there a better kit out there thanks
Probably around 10K for the whole thing.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:34 AM   #4
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
About $7000 to do everything properly in the front.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:36 AM   #5
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
first learn how to write... then worry about long travel
Old 10-04-2011, 11:38 AM   #6
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
10kish for front-rear for a pretty basic setup
Old 10-04-2011, 11:39 AM   #8
pudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
pudge151's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
first learn how to write... then worry about long travel

sorry but i have to ...

Old 10-04-2011, 11:44 AM   #9
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The it kit is better than the out kit if you do it yourself. But if you look at the up kit it is cheaper than the down kit, but only if you have them do it for you
Old 10-04-2011, 12:33 PM   #10
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr250jumper View Post
The it kit is better than the out kit if you do it yourself. But if you look at the up kit it is cheaper than the down kit, but only if you have them do it for you

I actually spent time trying to read that one. Well done!
Old 10-04-2011, 12:51 PM   #11
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
DTFtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Going to do it my self.
It'll never work
Old 10-04-2011, 02:04 PM   #12

What I ment was do the install. Myself. Cause ill be going king lt shocks .. and don't now the rest
Old 10-04-2011, 02:05 PM   #13
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr250jumper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post

I actually spent time trying to read that one. Well done!

I feel like I was just trolled.
Old 10-04-2011, 02:07 PM   #14
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
you need to do A LOT of research over this topic still before even thinking about deciding on even a single aspect of the build you want to put together.
Old 10-04-2011, 02:13 PM   #15

I have been. And just need to see what ppl like. I just want it when I can have some fun on weekends. Its still my dd for now.
Old 10-04-2011, 02:18 PM   #16
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
What I ment was do the install. Myself. Cause ill be going king lt shocks .. and don't now the rest
We still have no idea what you mean. Try making a complete sentence and we might be able to help
Old 10-04-2011, 02:23 PM   #17
linked2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlinked2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlinked2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlinked2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlinked2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlinked2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlinked2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlinked2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlinked2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlinked2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlinked2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
linked2002's Tacoma Gallery
why did you pick kings? and how is it that you know the brand shock (so you must have a reason for picking that brand vs. another). what are your intentions with your truck? mounting is honestly the least of your problems. anyone can bolt on a bolt on kit.. what about the shock towers/hoops? what width do you want per side? why do you want that width increase? what are your plans for the rear? think you really have anywhere near enough information on this topic to even consider it? i certainly dont think you do.. nor does anyone else here. you should actually educate yourself on this instead of just asking what kit everyone else likes and going with that one... this is your truck and i have never met one person that was happy with a truck that they set up based off of what EVERYONE ELSE LIKED.
Old 10-04-2011, 02:25 PM   #18
Señor member

Quote:
Originally Posted by linked2002 View Post
why did you pick kings? and how is it that you know the brand shock (so you must have a reason for picking that brand vs. another). what are your intentions with your truck? mounting is honestly the least of your problems. anyone can bolt on a bolt on kit.. what about the shock towers/hoops? what width do you want per side? why do you want that width increase? what are your plans for the rear? think you really have anywhere near enough information on this topic to even consider it? i certainly dont think you do.. nor does anyone else here. you should actually educate yourself on this instead of just asking what kit everyone else likes and going with that one... this is your truck and i have never met one person that was happy with a truck that they set up based off of what EVERYONE ELSE LIKED.
Very well said
Old 10-04-2011, 02:26 PM   #19
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
DTFtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by linked2002 View Post
x2
Old 10-04-2011, 02:28 PM   #20
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Just wondering, how much it would cost to do the LT suspension kit. Going to install(?) it myself. Or is there a better kit out there? Thanks.

Quote:
What I meant was do the install myself because I'll be going with King LT shocks, and don't know the rest.

Quote:
I have been. And just need to see what ppl like. I just want it when I can have some fun on weekends. Its still my dd for now.
I have been. I just would like others opinions. I just want it for when I can have some fun on the weekends. It's still my DD for now.