American Motorsports is a rip off

Old 11-01-2011, 07:36 AM   #41
SCUMBAG CUSTOMS
Scummy will become famous soon enough

Name: Matt
Scummy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cummins6speed View Post
What's confusing? Where they connect to the ball joint is a terrible design. They should've just made em a lil longer and put a ball joint in them instead of bolting it on
Attached Thumbnails
American Motorsports is a rip off-2011-09-11_10-50-20_109.jpg   American Motorsports is a rip off-2011-09-11_10-50-48_99.jpg  
Old 11-01-2011, 09:29 AM   #42
Duck Killing Machine
Siebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: CJ
Siebler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TC yota View Post
Any plans for upgrades on the steering rack, that is also a pretty week point on these trucks

It kinda sounds that way. I am meeting with Brian tomorrow to get him my blown rack to tear apart and to check out the kit. I too am very interested in seeing a beefier rack to match the beefier kit.
Old 11-01-2011, 05:11 PM   #43
Joels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to behold

Name: joel
Joels98taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scummy View Post
What's confusing? Where they connect to the ball joint is a terrible design. They should've just made em a lil longer and put a ball joint in them instead of bolting it on
looks like a fabtech kit to me
Old 11-01-2011, 06:56 PM   #44
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
looks dirty to me
Old 11-01-2011, 08:54 PM   #45
Joels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to behold

thats a fabtech kit the coils and the uca's are blue and those spindles look exactly like mine. if it was a burg kit those arms would be powdercoated grey, coils would most likely be red, and the spindles would be fully fabbed.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:59 PM   #46
AmeriMotor is a splendid one to beholdAmeriMotor is a splendid one to beholdAmeriMotor is a splendid one to beholdAmeriMotor is a splendid one to beholdAmeriMotor is a splendid one to beholdAmeriMotor is a splendid one to beholdAmeriMotor is a splendid one to beholdAmeriMotor is a splendid one to behold

Firefighter:
Name: American Motorsports
AmeriMotor's Tacoma Gallery
A beefier steering rack is definitly in order but im just trying to see about modifying the stock rack to keep costs down.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:38 PM   #47

how would that work? like take my truck in you rip it out mod it throw it back in?
Old 11-02-2011, 06:59 AM   #48
SCUMBAG CUSTOMS

Scummy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joels98taco View Post
thats a fabtech kit the coils and the uca's are blue and those spindles look exactly like mine. if it was a burg kit those arms would be powdercoated grey, coils would most likely be red, and the spindles would be fully fabbed.
Sorry it is fab tech. I was reading about camburg at the same time I was typing
Old 11-02-2011, 07:37 AM   #49
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
is it just the pic or are your coils bent like a mother?
Old 11-02-2011, 07:58 AM   #50
AmeriMotor is a splendid one to beholdAmeriMotor is a splendid one to beholdAmeriMotor is a splendid one to beholdAmeriMotor is a splendid one to beholdAmeriMotor is a splendid one to beholdAmeriMotor is a splendid one to beholdAmeriMotor is a splendid one to beholdAmeriMotor is a splendid one to behold

Firefighter:
[QUOTEhow would that work? like take my truck in you rip it out mod it throw it back in? ][/QUOTE]

Yes joel i think that would be the best way. I have a few ideas on strengthening the rack housing, the most common point of fracture. I also have a few other ideas but i wont give those up just yet.
Old 11-02-2011, 09:54 AM   #51
TC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
TC yota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeriMotor View Post
[QUOTEhow would that work? like take my truck in you rip it out mod it throw it back in? ]
Yes joel i think that would be the best way. I have a few ideas on strengthening the rack housing, the most common point of fracture. I also have a few other ideas but i wont give those up just yet.[/QUOTE]
how about poly bushing mounts for them?
Old 11-02-2011, 11:01 AM   #52
SCUMBAG CUSTOMS

Scummy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
there way bent. they rub on my shocks. Just cant afford coil overs yet.
Old 11-02-2011, 05:56 PM   #53

Quote:
lol then why does your description say camburg 5.5 kit?
Old 11-02-2011, 05:58 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
its the way the suspension is designed. they tend to want to follow the lca but the coil bucket fights it giving them that arc. my truck does it too but not as bad
Old 11-02-2011, 05:59 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeriMotor View Post
[QUOTEhow would that work? like take my truck in you rip it out mod it throw it back in? ]
Yes joel i think that would be the best way. I have a few ideas on strengthening the rack housing, the most common point of fracture. I also have a few other ideas but i wont give those up just yet.[/QUOTE]

let me know what the plan is man ill probably get it done. and poly bushings for sure
Old 11-03-2011, 09:12 PM   #57

Firefighter:
I always looking for any truck to do a kit for. I want to do a 4x4 kit, but i will be a little more expensive to do. I dont want to do a 3.5 kit because total chaos has that market locked up pretty well and their kits work great. So i would be more inclined to do a 6in over kit with after market axles and new spindles. So it will be more engineering into it and parts an my other kits. I would need someone willing to prototype the kit, go test it out and then make the necessary changes to improve the kit. SO it will be a an indepth process. I dont want to half ass any kit i put out on the market. When i was starting out with my first truck in high school a local fabricator built me a kit that didnt work, and it almost killed me( long story) and i was told "oh well" you paid me and thats it, i dont have time for you anymore. I was pissed and out a pocket full of money. When I started building offroad trucks 8 years ago, i told myself i wouldnt be that guy just leaving his customers hanging. I dont want to leave any of you high and dry. I want each customer leaving my shop impressed and completely satisifed with the work and function of their product. So each kit has a lot of time involved to make sure it has exceded your expectations. So if your willing to work with me, i will build you a kit that functions properly and safely then lets do it.
Old 11-03-2011, 09:21 PM   #58
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
good luck paying out the ass for a 6 over kit axels....

linked2002 had it done on his old truck, he said axels for it were about 1600.
Old 11-03-2011, 09:24 PM   #59
cummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cummins6speed's Tacoma Gallery
6 over! Per side?! That is way too wide for me
Old 11-03-2011, 09:40 PM   #60

Firefighter:
My kits arent for everyone and i would recommend a total chaos kit for you, but if your willing to have a long travel kit then my kit will work for you. Axles are expense but i can get them for a lot cheaper than that.