DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

American Motorsports is a rip off

Old 10-12-2011, 01:05 PM   #1
AmeriMotor is a splendid one to beholdAmeriMotor is a splendid one to beholdAmeriMotor is a splendid one to beholdAmeriMotor is a splendid one to beholdAmeriMotor is a splendid one to beholdAmeriMotor is a splendid one to beholdAmeriMotor is a splendid one to beholdAmeriMotor is a splendid one to behold

Firefighter:
Name: American Motorsports
AmeriMotor's Tacoma Gallery
American Motorsports is a rip off

AmericanMotorsports is launching with my new long travel suspension kits. This kitfeatures Solid Works designs and engineered upper and lower control arms with afabricated spindle. Each piece is made of 4130 chromoly 1/8" plate and acustom machined spindle to accept a bolt on hub that will still retain the 5x4.5 lug pattern. This enables you to keep the same wheels and not have to spendmore money replacing them. This kit also allows for a coilover and bypassshocks. Each arm is mig or tig welded in a jig fixture to maintain tighttolerances.

Afterworking with multiple Tacomas, American Motorsports feels that a common weakpoint in these vehicles is the upper control arm cross shaft. To eliminatethis weakness, this kit provides upper control arm frame mountswelded directly to the frame to provide a solid mounting pointfor the upper control arm. Every kit includes all necessary hardware toprovide you a kit that is primarily bolt on.

American Motorsportsfeels the 5 lug Tacomas have been neglected and that a true raceinspired suspension for this vehicle has yet to be presented.American Motorsports prides itself on quality engineering,manufacturing, design and welding that it puts in to every projectand kit that is turned out from its doors. We do not provide ourcustomers with anything but top quality parts and service. Our company isnot limited by any project or ideas that you may have and we welcomethem all. The primary goal of American Motorsports iscustomer service and satisfaction and the safety of our customers. Pleasecontact us with any inquiries, we welcome them all and hope to make our name arecognized and respected brand. Thank you!

Brian
Owner,American Motorsports
760-802-0010
2518 S. Santa Fe Ste. F4
Vista, CA92078
www.american-motorsports.net
Facebook: American Motorsports Offroad Fabrication

******Admin: was given premission by TCBOB to post in Long Travel Suspension*******
Attached Thumbnails
American Motorsports is a rip off-8.jpg   American Motorsports is a rip off-24.jpg   American Motorsports is a rip off-32.jpg   American Motorsports is a rip off-new-pics-camera-027.jpg   American Motorsports is a rip off-new-pics-camera-028.jpg  

American Motorsports is a rip off-new-pics-camera-029.jpg   American Motorsports is a rip off-new-pics-camera-032.jpg  
Old 10-12-2011, 04:41 PM   #2
Duck Killing Machine
Siebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: CJ
Siebler's Tacoma Gallery
Travel Numbers? First gen/2nd gen? Price? Pics installed on a truck?
Old 10-12-2011, 04:44 PM   #3
Banned
Shemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
Shemicals's Tacoma Gallery
OMG IF THIS IS FOR A 5 LUG AND YOURE WILLING TO DO A FIRST BUYER DEAL ILL TAKE ONE
Old 10-12-2011, 04:56 PM   #4
Superior Member
707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
707tothe907's Tacoma Gallery
That spindle looks huge
Old 10-12-2011, 05:06 PM   #5
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
DTFtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Niice good job!!
Old 10-12-2011, 05:16 PM   #6
AmeriMotor is a splendid one to beholdAmeriMotor is a splendid one to beholdAmeriMotor is a splendid one to beholdAmeriMotor is a splendid one to beholdAmeriMotor is a splendid one to beholdAmeriMotor is a splendid one to beholdAmeriMotor is a splendid one to beholdAmeriMotor is a splendid one to behold

Firefighter:
The spindle is very stout, you can actually see the stock spindle in the last pic in the background on the table. I use my truck, sometimes a little harder than I should but we all know your not going to let your friend in the truck next you beat you or show you up. Dont think so. And I dont want to be replacing parts every other weekend either. When I build kits I dont want my customers coming back with broken parts, because a stock spindle or ball joint cuts loose and damages your arms you just paid for, or bent your coilover. WHY are compaines using stock spindles. It blows my mind. If im spending that much on a kit, i dont want to worry about any stock parts trying to hold up to offroad use. It wont happen. I built this kit to withstand tough desert conditions. 4130 plate, uniballs and heim joints all the best parts.
Old 10-12-2011, 05:19 PM   #7

Firefighter:
Attention 5 lug 2nd gen Tacoma Owners!!!!

Its for a 1st gen tacoma 96-04 5 lug. Ive had a lot of interest for 2nd gen kits, so im offering a deal for 1 person to let me build a set of prototype of arms and spindles, I will give you the first set at my cost! Send me a PM, email or call and we can work something out.
Old 10-12-2011, 05:21 PM   #8
Superior Member
707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
707tothe907's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeriMotor View Post
Its for a 1st gen tacoma 96-04 5 lug. Ive had a lot of interest for 2nd gen kits, so im offering a deal for 1 person to let me build a set of prototype of arms and spindles, I will give you the first set at my cost! Send me a PM, email or call and we can work something out.
Better hop on that deal Shemicals.
Old 10-12-2011, 05:22 PM   #9
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siebler View Post
Travel Numbers? First gen/2nd gen? Price? Pics installed on a truck?
??????????????????^^^^

you missed all of the questions... lol

ops was typing and reading when you answered some of those questions, derrpp.

whats the travel numbers and price
Old 10-12-2011, 05:24 PM   #10
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Hell of a deal
Old 10-12-2011, 05:44 PM   #11

Firefighter:
Kit price $3500 for mig, $4000 for tig. Kit includes 2 upper 4130 a-arms, 2 lower 4130 arms, 2 spindles, 6 uniballs and 6 heim joints, steering clevis, 2 tie rods with 4 heim joints, upper arm frame mounts and 2 hubs.

10in coilover 17 in, 12 in coilover 19 in
Old 10-12-2011, 05:52 PM   #12
Duck Killing Machine
Siebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Siebler's Tacoma Gallery
PM sent. TC Kit doesnt really hang with the F67's anymore....
Old 10-12-2011, 08:52 PM   #13
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
dang... this looks promising.

how close are you to being done? i want to see it on the truck

approx how much over from stock?
Old 10-12-2011, 08:52 PM   #14
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
PM sent. TC Kit doesnt really hang with the F67's anymore....
you dont have the option of a 2nd shocks huh?
Old 10-12-2011, 10:54 PM   #15
Duck Killing Machine

Siebler's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah matt no second shock option.

When I went LT I was saving and getting ready to go with JD Extreme kit. Well I ended up breaking a lower BJ on the freeway and wrecked my suspension so was in a pinch. I called JD fab and they were 2 weeks out on a kit even if I paid cash in advance (seems somebody woulda worked overtime for that). Anyways TC had their kits in stock and I needed my truck back so I went with that.

So now for 2 years ive been rocking my TC kit and all is cool but it still isnt what I wanted (spindle, upper and lower uniballs, heim steering). With the wedding coming up and me caging soon I think that it may be time to treat myself to a new front end. Gonna try to go by and see this kit in person on Friday it looks like.
Old 10-12-2011, 11:20 PM   #17
Duck Killing Machine

Siebler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesdoublecab View Post
yah, get the truck done BEFORE you get married, CJ...
Yup working on it. Got a cool deal where I am going to work in a gun shop that my fab guy just opened. For a little while I am just going to work to trade out for cage and stuff.

Overall my chick is really into the truck and at some point wants to do a family build when we have kids and stuff but this one needs to have a lot done before April cause I know its going to loose a ton of momentum after wedding. Good thing theres not a ton left to do.
Old 10-13-2011, 09:19 AM   #18
Dezert Toy Fabrication

Quote:
Overall my chick is really into the truck and at some point wants to do a family build
Me too
Old 10-14-2011, 11:34 AM   #19
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
Quote:
Got anything going on for a first gen 6 lug?
Old 10-14-2011, 11:37 AM   #20
it's about the off-road miles
tacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Blang
tacokid09's Tacoma Gallery
subbed