DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

--TOYOTA FIBERGLASS GUIDE-- Glassworks, Fiberwerx, McNeil, Hannemann

Old 10-17-2011, 01:24 PM   #21
jtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jeremy
jtlachac08's Tacoma Gallery
Ya for sure. I personally can't stand the look without them. Taking the time to mount the fenders, take the little extra time to fit those as well. My thoughts anyway....
Old 10-17-2011, 05:09 PM   #22
Always Lost
3volution05 is on a distinguished road

Marines: Sgt.
Name: Lee
3volution05's Tacoma Gallery
Has anyone ever tried these?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tacoma-05-11...sories&vxp=mtr

Price seems good but after reading about the product I wanna get another opinion. Im looking for someone who has them on there truck and actually uses it lol no offense I just need to see how they are holding up after some abuse.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:40 PM   #23
FMLYHM
BMiller421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMiller421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMiller421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMiller421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMiller421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMiller421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMiller421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMiller421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMiller421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMiller421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMiller421 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
BMiller421's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3volution05 View Post

Price seems good but after reading about the product I wanna get another opinion. Im looking for someone who has them on there truck and actually uses it lol no offense I just need to see how they are holding up after some abuse.
This is the first time I've ever seen or heard of those..

Be a pioneer!!

Get them and let us know how they turn out!!
Old 10-17-2011, 07:18 PM   #24
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3volution05 View Post

hmmmmmmmmm... that product picture looks too perfect... looks photoshopped...

the lines are perfectly matched, and since they don't take paypal, you don't have much protection...

considering they have that big disclaimer about contacting them directly instead of leaving negative feedback makes me wonder how many issues they typically have that try so hard to nip them in the bud...
Old 10-17-2011, 07:37 PM   #25
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

just read the details of their product...

it's a blend of glass and plastic and other resins... might be too much work just to smoothen them out...

"Duraflex, VFiber, and Urethane parts only come with a top layer gel coat and may require additional surface preparation such as sanding and filling before the parts can be painted and installed. An example of such prep work could include sanding down the area, using filler, and then sanding the area down again. You should then prime the area and add more filler, if needed. Sand once more and prime the area to be ready for paint."

at least with Glassworks, you can just rattlecan them and slap them on...

you can find them for $279, but don't know what shipping would be...

http://www.duraflexbodykits.com/sear...0_fenders.html
Old 10-17-2011, 07:42 PM   #26
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
jeez i didnt read that, seems like way too much work, and i swear they look exactly like the fiberwerx ones..
Old 10-17-2011, 07:47 PM   #27
LT Chase Truck

they definitely were inspired by the style, but that is likely not copyrighted...

but i would want to see a real world test on these fenders...

i want to see someone mount them and bash their truck the way a long travel truck would since form and ease of fitment are pointless if they can't hold up to the abuse...
Old 10-17-2011, 07:50 PM   #28
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesdoublecab View Post
they definitely were inspired by the style, but that is likely not copyrighted...

but i would want to see a real world test on these fenders...

i want to see someone mount them and bash their truck the way a long travel truck would since form and ease of fitment are pointless if they can't hold up to the abuse...
x2 but its probably not that guy who got them since hes not even mid travel let alone long travel
Old 10-17-2011, 07:54 PM   #29
LT Chase Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfreak201 View Post
x2 but its probably not that guy who got them since hes not even mid travel let alone long travel
that may be better... mid travel is a harsher ride... hahaha
Old 10-18-2011, 10:35 PM   #30
FMLYHM
BMiller421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMiller421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMiller421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMiller421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMiller421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMiller421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMiller421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMiller421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMiller421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMiller421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMiller421 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I wouldn't mind trying out the carbon fiber hood they make..
Old 10-18-2011, 10:36 PM   #31
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMiller421 View Post
I wouldn't mind trying out the carbon fiber hood they make..
no...your next mod is a one piece from fiberwerx
Old 10-19-2011, 10:58 AM   #32
FMLYHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfreak201 View Post
no...your next mod is a one piece from fiberwerx
Are you reading my mind?

Old 10-21-2011, 09:35 AM   #33
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtlachac08 View Post
My Glassworks came with that little tab already on the fender, where the stock clip is that holds the lower headlight trim on. Its about 1/2 in too thick tho. I had to trim the shit out of it to make them fit properly and still snap in the groove on the headlight. Otherwise I am very happy with the craftsmanship of the way the Glassworks fenders came out. The body lines lined right up and very minimal trimming was needed to get them to mount. I'd def recommend them. Plus they are on sale right now for $325....

^^^ befor the trimming of the headlight lower trim
Looks good!
Old 10-21-2011, 01:16 PM   #34
jtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jeremy
jtlachac08's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks man! Minus the MASSIVE bro stance it had going on right here. The 1.5" block was higher than the DE SUA kit, I had to bring the front down about 1.5" and it rides sooo plush now.
Old 10-22-2011, 09:29 PM   #35
Deanthemachine is on a distinguished road
Deanthemachine's Tacoma Gallery
those duraflex ones would prolly fit like garbage, most do. and extreme dimensions makes them right?? i've heard nothing but bad about the fitment of stuff from those guys. not to bash on them or anything. just stating from word of mouth. I'm very happy with my glassworks fenders. prolly could fit a little better with more trimming. But i'm not looking to win trophys for show with my truck
Old 11-07-2011, 12:15 AM   #36
05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Devin
05tundra13's Tacoma Gallery
been looking around for 05 tundra double cab bedsides, not many companies make them, all i have seen is hannemann and thats about it. and I'm not quite sure if i like the style of their bedsides. any suggestions?
Old 11-07-2011, 10:24 AM   #37
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05tundra13 View Post
been looking around for 05 tundra double cab bedsides, not many companies make them, all i have seen is hannemann and thats about it. and I'm not quite sure if i like the style of their bedsides. any suggestions?
mcneil has bedsides for your truck, but they dont have pics on their website. email them, maybe they can send you some. but your options are def very limited...

http://www.mcneilracinginc.com/off-r...ra-double-cab/
Old 11-07-2011, 02:54 PM   #38
05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Devin
05tundra13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
mcneil has bedsides for your truck, but they dont have pics on their website. email them, maybe they can send you some. but your options are def very limited...

http://www.mcneilracinginc.com/off-r...ra-double-cab/
ya i only know that 2 companies make bedsides for my truck.

edit: just made a few calls, mcneil makes them for my truck, along with fiberwerX, and hannemann. 3 companies woot! and I'm getting pictures of what they look like right now.
Old 12-17-2011, 11:56 AM   #40
99tacoma75 is on a distinguished road
Firefighter: tfd
Name: Aaron
99tacoma75's Tacoma Gallery
I ordered some glasswork fenders last month. They charged me that day and I have yet to get the fenders. I called a couple weeks ago and they told me they had been shipped. I called them last week and they told me they put the wrong name on the invoice and misplaced it. they told me they were going to ship out wed. night I have still yet to see them. I keep seeming to get the run around from Ted. I am beginning to wonder whats going on. I have all my parts to start on my truck minus the fenders. Any suggestions?