Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

giant motorsports

Old 11-20-2011, 01:07 PM   #1
brokeandstuck is on a distinguished road
Name: ed
brokeandstuck's Tacoma Gallery
giant motorsports

Has anyone heard anything about the giant I beam conversion kit for the 2nd gen toyota tacomas?
Old 11-20-2011, 04:54 PM   #2
distinguished bongo truck art critic
Mxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police Platoon Leader
Name: Chase
Mxpatriot's Tacoma Gallery
No; but why would you want to some dirty hooker travel I-beam set up when you can get some very nice, 14'' travel dual shock IFS sets ups from Camburg or TC?
Old 11-20-2011, 04:55 PM   #3
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxpatriot View Post
No; but why would you want to some dirty hooker travel I-beam set up when you can get some very nice, 14'' travel dual shock IFS sets ups from Camburg or TC?
x2
Old 11-20-2011, 05:10 PM   #4
G scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Garrett
G scott04's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxpatriot View Post
I knew someone would say dirty hooker travel lol
Old 11-20-2011, 06:36 PM   #5
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokeandstuck View Post
Has anyone heard anything about the giant I beam conversion kit for the 2nd gen toyota tacomas?
call up giant. problem solved

what are you wanting to know exactly??? i dont get the point of this thread...

if you want a beamed truck just pick up a ranger off RDC and dont molest the tacoma, especially since it's an 06. i can't say i have ever seen a beamed 2nd gen. prolly a reason for that...
Old 11-20-2011, 11:51 PM   #7
lol, cuz i want more than 13 inch of travel. I wanted to do somthing different with the truck. Everyone runs rangers. But i was talking to solo motor and they are trying to make a kit that will run 17 inch of travel. Plus there is nothing wrong with a dirty hooker just gotta double wrap lol. The plan is to get giants DD four link kit in the rear but i want to run at least 16 inch in the front. i was just wondering if anyone has ran the i beam kit.
Old 11-20-2011, 11:54 PM   #8
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
if you want more than 13, go custom.
Old 11-20-2011, 11:59 PM   #9
cant afford it.
Old 11-21-2011, 06:39 AM   #10
G scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Garrett
G scott04's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
cant afford it.
hmmm what is your price range for long travel exactly?
Old 11-21-2011, 06:51 AM   #11
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
Price range should be a deep pocket, it ain't cheap.
Old 11-21-2011, 06:57 AM   #12
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
cant afford it.
You're heading towards a very, very expensive path. Beams + links = you're gonna need a second vehicle for street duty unless you do some custom rear sway bar setup. Big picture is much more expensive than might expect.

If you're running terrain and speeds that necessitate that much travel, factor in the cost of a rollcage too. We don't want to lose a member.
Old 11-21-2011, 07:38 AM   #13
ColesDirtyYota has much to be proud ofColesDirtyYota has much to be proud ofColesDirtyYota has much to be proud ofColesDirtyYota has much to be proud ofColesDirtyYota has much to be proud ofColesDirtyYota has much to be proud ofColesDirtyYota has much to be proud ofColesDirtyYota has much to be proud ofColesDirtyYota has much to be proud ofColesDirtyYota has much to be proud of

Name: Cole
ColesDirtyYota's Tacoma Gallery
hahaha do u think its all about fat travel numbers?? i have a bolt on kit but have driven circles by ibeam'd out rangers with 20" of travel easily, why? i valved my shocks...

and if money is your issue, then why are u trying to get a race kit? haha your just getting into more money. and with that race kit u better have a full engine and cab cage to hold your truck together
Old 11-21-2011, 09:27 AM   #14
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
lol, cuz i want more than 13 inch of travel. I wanted to do somthing different with the truck. Everyone runs rangers. But i was talking to solo motor and they are trying to make a kit that will run 17 inch of travel. Plus there is nothing wrong with a dirty hooker just gotta double wrap lol. The plan is to get giants DD four link kit in the rear but i want to run at least 16 inch in the front. i was just wondering if anyone has ran the i beam kit.
Quote:
cant afford it.
those words do not mix

camburg says they have recently developed a race kit for the 2nd gens, but i'm not aware of anybody running it yet...

having said that, one should never run links in an un-caged truck or a front race kit in a un-caged truck. like cole said, it aint all about travel. how do you know you need more than 13" travel? you dont jump right into the deep end to learn to swim...

are the big travel numbers just to impress the bitches?
Old 11-21-2011, 10:15 AM   #15
jtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jeremy
jtlachac08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
are the big travel numbers just to impress the bitches?
LMFAO
Old 11-21-2011, 10:17 AM   #16
jtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jeremy
jtlachac08's Tacoma Gallery
If you want more than 14" buy the engage kit on the black friday sale, for the affordability
Old 11-21-2011, 03:16 PM   #17
lol, i have a guy thats going to do a cage for me thats for dam sure. I have buckets and five points, i was only wonderin what poeple thought about i beams vs arms for the 2nd gen yotas. All my buddies are running chev and have mass travel they all talk shit on me that i wont keep up lol. i want to prove them wrong. Im a toya guy so you know how it goes hahahaha.
Old 11-21-2011, 03:19 PM   #18
just wondering and poking around before i actually spend the money, its a big investment and i want to make sure im happy with what im going to do. I watch all my buddies do this and do that and switch this and rebuild that, but unfortantly i dont make 40 bucks an hour like they do. I do have another DD though. 88 honda civic. feel like im going to get smashed in the thing but with the gas millage it gets i cant go wrong.
Old 11-21-2011, 11:55 PM   #19
Deanthemachine is on a distinguished road
Deanthemachine's Tacoma Gallery
me personally I thought big travel numbers equaled a plush ride and you'd be able to push your truck faster. I later learned that I was way wrong. its all about shock valving and useable travel. personally if your on a budget I'd go with the engage kit. Hassim is a great guy who offers great customer service and really helped me out with my truck and educated me. my truck is my dd and handles pretty good on road and during panic situations its not the most horrible but also isn't the safest. my friend had a beamed and linked ranger. that truck handled horribly on the street. sure, its cool to be able to three wheel around a corner, and to impress so called "bitches" but in a panic situation links and beams are no bueno and i'd hate to see a member lose their truck or be seriously injured. also more useable travel whether it be beams, links, a race kit, what have you will = more speed which will require more gusseting on the frame and you'd definately want a cage in case hell breaks loose. and thats where your money pit will get larger. learn all you can and start off small and in stages, thats what I'm doing. sure you won't get the most out of your truck from the start which is what we all want, but you learn your limits and progress in stages which overall IMO is best in any sport or interest.
Old 11-22-2011, 12:02 AM   #20
thanks i greatly appreciate everything. in the end i prob will get the engage kit. Any body willing to give me a ride with the engage kit at the dezert meet in Dec.?