DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

ENGAGE offroad lower arm broke i need your guys opinion on this

Old 11-29-2011, 08:43 PM   #21
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Old 11-29-2011, 08:44 PM   #22
Señor Member
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
holy crap that sucks man...hopefully everything gets resolved
Old 11-29-2011, 08:45 PM   #23
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joels98taco View Post
if i were you id get rid of the engage kit and just drop the money on a brand new camburg lt kit with axles to retain the 4wd unlike engage that claims to have a design but i haven seen anything... mjp2 races on his camburg kit and i havent seen any issues with it... just my opinion

actually engage has 4wd axels now just so your not mis informing people..

and you got to remember, camburg and total chaos has been in the buisness for way longer so they have had more time to work out the kinks. im sure hass and the group will figure out some type of gusset or something to fix this problem.

im in no way backing anyone up but im just stating my opinion.

and the first kit this happened too, i watched the video and it looked like it was from the roll, i dont think its what caused it, just my .02
Old 11-29-2011, 08:47 PM   #24
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoman68 View Post
Ya I have been talking to hassim the last couple of days he's saying that he is whiling to work with me on SOME of the cost but not all of it and he needs to see the truck but he is not whilling to cover travel cost I live In new Mexico I think engage should cover the full cost of repairing my truck and the cost to get it to Cali.. If I would ha e hit somthing hard to cause the damage wouldn't it rip the stock mounts to the frame or ever bend before the a arm should give or am I wrong???
that doesn't sound like A+ service to me. their suspension parts broke doing what they are supposed to be built for....
Old 11-29-2011, 08:49 PM   #26
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
damn, looks like I know what Im gonna be gusseting this weekend!

sorry this happened I hope Hassim takes care of you and all the costs, there should be no excuse. Thankfully I've been lucky
Old 11-29-2011, 08:51 PM   #27
Joels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to behold

Name: joel
Joels98taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
actually engage has 4wd axels now just so your not mis informing people..

and you got to remember, camburg and total chaos has been in the buisness for way longer so they have had more time to work out the kinks. im sure hass and the group will figure out some type of gusset or something to fix this problem.

im in no way backing anyone up but im just stating my opinion.

and the first kit this happened too, i watched the video and it looked like it was from the roll, i dont think its what caused it, just my .02
id have to see it to believe it. and how long has their "4WD" kit been on blackhawke88's truck? like 3 years. but come on go on burgs site their kit is a race kit not just lt.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:54 PM   #29
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joels98taco View Post
id have to see it to believe it. and how long has their "4WD" kit been on blackhawke88's truck? like 3 years. but come on go on burgs site their kit is a race kit not just lt.
they came out with axels like a month ago.....
Old 11-29-2011, 08:54 PM   #30
You're my boy blue
Blue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Dylan
Blue's Tacoma Gallery
Old 11-29-2011, 08:56 PM   #31
Joels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
they came out with axels like a month ago.....
got pics?
Old 11-29-2011, 08:56 PM   #32
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoman68 View Post
Ya I have been talking to hassim the last couple of days he's saying that he is whiling to work with me on SOME of the cost but not all of it and he needs to see the truck but he is not whilling to cover travel cost I live In new Mexico I think engage should cover the full cost of repairing my truck and the cost to get it to Cali.. If I would ha e hit somthing hard to cause the damage wouldn't it rip the stock mounts to the frame or ever bend before the a arm should give or am I wrong???
it's like this..i've had my LT kit for over 2 years now. and i've beat my taco to shit pre-running, rock crawling, towing duties towing my rock crawler, and everything else i've done. if god forbid some catastrophic failure happens to my LT kit resulting in major breakage to the LT kit, and collateral frame damage happens as a result. should i expect All Pro to flip the entire bill? nah, i would not expect them to...with the abuses that we inflict on our suspension systems; wear and tear happens over time. sometimes something is gonna give up and fail and is to be expected.

side note: there has been exactly the same breakage on stock lower control arms on 05+ Tacomas
Old 11-29-2011, 08:59 PM   #33
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
X2 I remember HB Murphy broke his stock LCAs at the same spot, I hooked him up with my old stockers
Old 11-29-2011, 09:01 PM   #34
Toyota Its Like A Jeep Thing Only Better
Socalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Socalrunner's Tacoma Gallery
I think i will just gusset around the tubes so they don't split.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:08 PM   #35
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyProof View Post
it's like this..i've had my LT kit for over 2 years now. and i've beat my taco to shit pre-running, rock crawling, towing duties towing my rock crawler, and everything else i've done. if god forbid some catastrophic failure happens to my LT kit resulting in major breakage to the LT kit, and collateral frame damage happens as a result. should i expect All Pro to flip the entire bill? nah, i would not expect them to...with the abuses that we inflict on our suspension systems; wear and tear happens over time. sometimes something is gonna give up and fail and is to be expected.

side note: there has been exactly the same breakage on stock lower control arms on 05+ Tacomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
X2 I remember HB Murphy broke his stock LCAs at the same spot, I hooked him up with my old stockers
Yeah you did! Thanks again!!! ...And I was so nervous about the idea that this could happen at the absolute worst time, I went to these puppies:

My worry now is that I may pull my whole front end apart... These are 2x as thick.

Old 11-29-2011, 09:14 PM   #37
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBMurphy View Post

Yeah you did! Thanks again!!! ...And I was so nervous about the idea that this could happen at the absolute worst time, I went to these puppies:

My worry now is that I may pull my whole front end apart... These are 2x as thick.
your next step is to gusset everything..MJP2 has some cool homebrew gussets, get with him. or hit up DMZ, they have some gusset kits as well. shoot, you have a bombass plasma cutter. you can make your own
Old 11-29-2011, 09:18 PM   #38
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Seems like really thin walled tubing. It's obviously a major stress point on our trucks and everyone making aftermatket products needs to address it in some way. If not, why buy aftermatket if they're just gonna break the same as stock?
Old 11-29-2011, 09:21 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBMurphy View Post

engage's lca material looks the same as the stock lowers?? those tc lowers are at least 2-3 times as thick...
Old 11-29-2011, 09:25 PM   #40
Bobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Bobber Bill's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
The engage looks the same thickness as stock in that area ? I wasn't thrilled when I seen a close pictures of the engage kit . Bad weld ? Bad penetration?
Geez, you're right. I would never, ever use such thin-walled tubing for the pivots. But that's me.

Could be a bad weld due to a lack of penetration. Could be that they didn't use DOM tubing. Could actually be DOM, just not thick enough. Could have been excessive wear and tear. COuld be a lot of things. I wonder if Engage will comment on this.

For others who have the same LCA's, I would look into reinforcing those sections. Like all the way around the tubing, not just a diamond gusset over the joint.