DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

ENGAGE offroad lower arm broke i need your guys opinion on this

Old 11-29-2011, 09:26 PM   #41
Max's Canadian Twin
theduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
theduck911's Tacoma Gallery
If they going to be using thinner tubing I would put a piece that wraps around from the top plate around the back of the tubing to the bottom, this should be plenty of strength.

Also, weld the inside of the lower mounts on the frame (Since they're only welded on the outside).
Old 11-29-2011, 09:35 PM   #42
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
1st IBTL cuz we all know how this is going to eventually turn out
Old 11-29-2011, 09:37 PM   #43
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
this wont get locked
Old 11-29-2011, 09:47 PM   #44
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
Nah Hass should come in here and at least speak up
Old 11-29-2011, 09:47 PM   #45
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyProof View Post
your next step is to gusset everything..MJP2 has some cool homebrew gussets, get with him. or hit up DMZ, they have some gusset kits as well. shoot, you have a bombass plasma cutter. you can make your own
Gussets? For the LCA? ...and yes that plasma is bombass!!! lol

Quote:
1st IBTL cuz we all know how this is going to eventually turn out
How're you going to lead this into A-TRAC? lol
Old 11-29-2011, 09:49 PM   #46
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBMurphy View Post

At least Raptor Arms don't fail
Old 11-29-2011, 09:50 PM   #47
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaes View Post
Where's the re-do button? I'd press it! lol
Old 11-29-2011, 09:58 PM   #48
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaes View Post
are you sure about!?
Old 11-29-2011, 10:02 PM   #49
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
are you sure about!?
Disclaimer: Aftermarket ones
Old 11-29-2011, 10:05 PM   #50
Power Top

Quote:
sorry, i meant to add ""gussets for the frame area around the LCA mounts"". i have small cracks that have been repaired all up in that shit. i have pics for reference if you like

Quote:
oh that's simple...paging David K
Old 11-29-2011, 10:08 PM   #51
Ban Pending

Quote:
Yeah I'd love the pics - I have some cracks I need to deal with - the trans x-member - I'd love to do one like Fire9xx's! I also have an FJ crush zone one too. I've stopped it but I probably need to do some-some on that one too!
Old 11-29-2011, 10:11 PM   #52
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
how hard do you beat on your kit?

be honest lol
Old 11-29-2011, 10:15 PM   #53
Ban Pending

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
how hard do you beat on your kit?

be honest lol
My truck has been pampered it's entire life!
Old 11-29-2011, 10:18 PM   #54
Banned
yeah..... so has mine hahaha
Old 11-29-2011, 10:20 PM   #55
TW's BAD MF'er Squad
Dirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Dean
Dirty5Thirty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Don't you do it!

FWIW, If you were using your truck outside of the limits of what the LCA was designed and built for, then I can understand Engage not wanting to foot the bill. However, good customer service and business means you take care of a problem created by your product. Send them pictures of every inch of your truck showing that nothing else major is damaged, because if you were running hard enough to break your LCA, odds are you'd do damage elsewhere to the vehicle.

BTW, them asking you to bring your (broken) truck from NM to Cali is unrealistic and unfair. It'd be well over $100 in gas with a possible end result of them denying your claim to get it replaced.
Old 11-29-2011, 10:23 PM   #56
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
it's hard to pin point what exactly caused the damage, but one thing is for certain: Engage's name is on the damaged part and it's their job to do damage control. I'm interested to see what they would do since this is a 2nd gen kit.

Im just thankful that after almost 4 years, mine hasnt had a problem...but then again, I pamper my truck too
Old 11-29-2011, 10:26 PM   #57
Power Top

Quote:
Yeah I'd love the pics - I have some cracks I need to deal with - the trans x-member - I'd love to do one like Fire9xx's! I also have an FJ crush zone one too. I've stopped it but I probably need to do some-some on that one too!
driverside..

same side..you can see how it's separating from the frame. the passenger side was the same but not as bad. i'm glad i caught it when i did before the cracks and separation got worse. Mike from All Pro TIG'd everything up and touched up the inside of the mounts as deep as possible since there are no welds at all from the factory.

Old 11-29-2011, 10:26 PM   #58
TW's BAD MF'er Squad
Dirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Dean
Dirty5Thirty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
it's hard to pin point what exactly caused the damage, but one thing is for certain: Engage's name is on the damaged part and it's their job to do damage control. I'm interested to see what they would do since this is a 2nd gen kit.

Im just thankful that after almost 4 years, mine hasnt had a problem...but then again, I pamper my truck too
x2

btw... ya jynxed yourself
Old 11-29-2011, 10:27 PM   #59
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
inspect the other side well . Hopefully they will atleast replace one arm and have you send the broken one back on their dime .
Old 11-29-2011, 10:27 PM   #60
Ban Pending

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
I pamper my truck too
I'll vouch for you!