1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

ENGAGE offroad lower arm broke i need your guys opinion on this

Discussion in 'Long Travel Suspension' started by tacoman68, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Nov 30, 2011 at 8:53 AM
    G scott04

G scott04 ...

Member:
    First Name:
    Garrett
    Mesa
    Vehicle:
    04 PreRunner
    That thing looks like it weighs a ton lol

2. Nov 30, 2011 at 9:00 AM
    blackhawke88

blackhawke88 wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Member:
    SGV, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Offroad
    my next mod!

3. Nov 30, 2011 at 9:05 AM
    dirty dangler

dirty dangler GFO DMC LBR

Member:
    First Name:
    adam
    simi valley,ca
    Vehicle:
    86 4runner bone stock
    wiper blades and a new battery
    bottom fucking line ^^ the bushing sleeve on those kits is a joke...its looks like .95 wall. and the fact that engage says they could possibly help with SOME of the cost but not all...thats bullshit..no wonder they dont post any of their stuff over on dr...they would get flamed soo bad. i wouldnt be surprised if the whole kit is mild. engage needs to step up and build these kits right before someone gets killed

4. Nov 30, 2011 at 10:29 AM
    Engage Offroad

Engage Offroad Dezert Lovers Unite Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Engage Marketing
    Pomona, CA
    Myself "Hass" and Michael have been in contact since monday morning, Initially Michael thought that his Frame was damaged and he had bent his CoilOver tower and shock, he sent us plenty of pictures for me to "try" and look at everything and we both came to the conclusion that the shock does not "look" damaged nor the coilover bucket, (again were diagnosing something via pictures), as for the forward pivot tearing like it did, first thing I told Michael was that i would gladly fix the LCA (Lower Control Arm), as for the damage to the rear OEM Pivot, same thing, i will gladly repair his truck and get it back up and running, Michael is My customer and i will gladly help him how ever i can to get his truck fixed, with in reason, im not saying Michael was not going 30 MPH thru a wash when this happened as i was not their when this happened but from personal experience with my truck, when I have broke something in a smooth section it was always from lack of "Prep", in the 19 months Michael has owned his truck only he knows how much "Prep" (inspection of chassis and suspension parts after use) he has done, some of my customers have put these suspensions thru hell, Aaron being the most recognizable person on here (sorry to call you out Aaron, ha ha), no matter what i Told Michael i am 100% willing to help him get his truck back up and running with in reason, i do need to see the truck in person to look thru it all and see exactly what is damaged, last email i got from Michael he was gonna try and have the truck here at the shop by Friday morning, at no point have i ignored Michael and i hope he chimes in here to acknowledge that....Hass....EngageOffRoad...909-238-6788

5. Nov 30, 2011 at 10:34 AM
    tacoman68

tacoman68 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Rio rancho nm
    Vehicle:
    4X4 08 Tacoma with ENGAGE long travel
    O8 Tacoma with Engage long travel front and rear 2.5/12 with resi and 2.0 bump stops up front with engine cage have bed cage with king 2.5/16 with resi and 61.5 deavers and 13in. Shackles with 2.0 bumps as for engine have douge thorny headers cold air intake and short shifter installed in tranny have racing seats with 4 point harness full alpine sound system
    so i think its time for hassim to get on here and post what he has to say. i think im also going to put this on desert rangers to see what else people have to say i wouldnt be making such a big deal if this was the first kit it happened to and if i would have actually casued this to happen but just crusing around and mild prerunning would have not caused this if i would have actually hit somthing hard enough for the bushiing tube to split like that would have done atleast some damge to the plastic bushing on the mount or the mount it self would have atleast bent a little but its completly straight.......

6. Nov 30, 2011 at 10:52 AM
    RecklessTaco

RecklessTaco Livin the Dream

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Topaz Lake, Nv.
    Vehicle:
    08 Dbl Cab Prerunner TRD Sport Debadged
    ENGAGE LT KIT, King 2.5x 8" coilovers w/600lb 18"coil springs, a custom built leaf pack in the rear by OMD, and a custom built prerunner bumper by SurfInferno. 35x12.50-17General Grabbers on 17x9 Black MB Wheels rims, Volant CAI w/Amsoil dry filter, Volant Ram Air, Poweraid Throttle body spacer, URD MAF Calibrator, Flowmaster40, Uniden Bearcat cb w/ 4' fire fly firestick antenna, & a Icom V80 Handheld(Modded for race channels)
    Im pretty sure he just posted above you! and why would you want to go post this on DR! Seems kinda anal to me! all those guys are a bunch of bashers! Keep it right here and keep it with Engage only!

7. Nov 30, 2011 at 10:53 AM
    derekabraham

derekabraham Living vicariously through everybody

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    Stick on hood scoop from Autozone.
    5 minutes after Hassim posted... :laugh:

8. Nov 30, 2011 at 11:03 AM
    Gregero

Gregero TRD: Trail Ready Development

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Carson City, NV
    Vehicle:
    Blue '06 Prerunner TRD Sport
    Debadged Tailgate, TOYOTA logo on Tailgate, Uniden Radio w/ 4' Ant., Removed Sway-Bar, Rear Icon Extended Travel Shocks, 8" King Offroad Shocks, Debadged Doors, 1.25" Rear AllPro Wheel Spacers, 315/70R17 Mickey Thompson Baja MTZs, AllPro Skid Plate, New Car Smell Air Freshener, OMD Ford&Chevy Leaf Pack with Original Main leaf, Engage LT UCAs and LCAs, Engage HD Tie Rod Ends, Kar-Tek Limit Straps, Camber Eliminator Kit, Removed Rear Flares, Blue LED Dome and Map lights, LED License plate lights, Black TRD Sport Rims, 20W PA Speaker, 2 Meter Radio, Demello-like Bed Bar, Harbor Freight Dust Lights, Blacked-out Hood Scoop, Custom Pre-Runner Bumper, JBA Long Tube Headers, MBRP Catback Exhaust, AFE Stage2 CAI, URD MAF Sensor Calibrator
    Not taking any sides here, but I do need to say that I've seen both Vi and Aaron really put their trucks through serious work and their trucks have held together very well. From what I've seen, Engage's LT kits are pretty damn boss. I hope OP gets his problems resolved quickly and fairly, but let's not belittle a company that has proven themselves.

9. Nov 30, 2011 at 11:08 AM
    hookedontronics

hookedontronics Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Glenville, NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Off Road 4x4
    Icon extended travel 3.5" front coilovers, DSM UCAs, TSB leaf pack w/ wheelers AAL, All Pro U-bolt flip kit, Walker Evans 2.0 rear shocks, 18" XD Monster rims, Nitto trail grappler 285/65R18 Tires, Color matched grill, Grillcraft, Kragen HIDs, Carling switches, my bed light mod, diff drop, Alpine IVA-W505, JL Audio C5 componets and coaxials, JL 300/4 and 250/1 amps and JL stealthbox, wheathertechs, avs vent visors, toyota bed x-tender, alcantara center console cover and door pocket covers, console vault, color matched mirrors, heated mirrors, etc etc etc
    If this happened to me i wouldn't settle for a fix, i'd want a brand new LCA

10. Nov 30, 2011 at 11:08 AM
    tacoman68

tacoman68 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Rio rancho nm
    Vehicle:
    4X4 08 Tacoma with ENGAGE long travel
    O8 Tacoma with Engage long travel front and rear 2.5/12 with resi and 2.0 bump stops up front with engine cage have bed cage with king 2.5/16 with resi and 61.5 deavers and 13in. Shackles with 2.0 bumps as for engine have douge thorny headers cold air intake and short shifter installed in tranny have racing seats with 4 point harness full alpine sound system
    like i said in one of my other post i have been talking with hassim and i know that he will take care of me, because they have a good reputation and that's why i went with them and on friday ill have the truck in his shop will let you guys know what happens from there....thanks hassim for being so quick on this.....

11. Nov 30, 2011 at 11:13 AM
    dirty dangler

Member:
    First Name:
    adam
    simi valley,ca
    Vehicle:
    86 4runner bone stock
    how many people that have lt actually "prep" their trucks...probably less than half.. the real problem here is your choice to use some thin ass mild steel for a bushing sleve. you guys have seen this happen before and still chose to put costumers lives on the line. why wouldn't you want to over build something to a point where there will never be an issue. I say send it to dr...why cause there is tons of REAL fabricators over there who know what works and what doesn't....my 2 cents

12. Nov 30, 2011 at 11:14 AM
    Engage Offroad

Member:
    First Name:
    Engage Marketing
    Pomona, CA
    ha ha perfect timing i guess....I just got off the phone with Michael, and yes his truck is coming in first thing Friday morning, I will defenitely keep everyone posted on the outcome as am sure Michael will also, at the end i hope to have a satisfied customer and have my company continue to grow, i do what i can for my customers when they bring something to my attention and speak with me directly, Michael in my eyes did the correct thing and asked for an opinion from fellow Tacoma Owners and i respect that, as once.....a long time ago...ha ha...i was a newbie to this sport and needed advice from experienced people....Hass....EngageOffRoad....909-238-6788

13. Nov 30, 2011 at 11:15 AM
    RJALLDAY702

RJALLDAY702 U MAD? OH U MAD

Member:
    First Name:
    RJ
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    2014 Toyota 4Runner
    6" Ruff Country DBL
  14. Nov 30, 2011 at 11:15 AM
    RJALLDAY702

RJALLDAY702 U MAD? OH U MAD

Member:
    First Name:
    RJ
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    2014 Toyota 4Runner
    6" Ruff Country DBL
    This

15. Nov 30, 2011 at 11:20 AM
    Engage Offroad

Member:
    First Name:
    Engage Marketing
    Pomona, CA
    actually the majority of our customer "prep" their trucks as i am diligent in explaining the importance of that, i wish we could build something and have a Zero fail rate, but its metal, everything has a failure at some point, i appreciate your "2" cents and its good to voice your opinion on the forums, as that is what they are for if you feel that myself or my employees are not "Fabricators" that is your opinion, i dont agree with it but its your opinion non the less, at the end if your ever at a race or event and need our help, my welder and tools will be their for you to borrow if needed....Hass...EngageOffRoad...909-238-6788

16. Nov 30, 2011 at 11:20 AM
    dirty dangler

Member:
    First Name:
    adam
    simi valley,ca
    Vehicle:
    86 4runner bone stock
    ^^^ he has no comment???

edit...just saw it

17. Nov 30, 2011 at 11:22 AM
    dirty dangler

Member:
    First Name:
    adam
    simi valley,ca
    Vehicle:
    86 4runner bone stock
    do you use .95 wall mild?

18. Nov 30, 2011 at 11:24 AM
    dirty dangler

Member:
    First Name:
    adam
    simi valley,ca
    Vehicle:
    86 4runner bone stock
    sorry stupid computer

19. Nov 30, 2011 at 11:31 AM
    blackhawke88

blackhawke88 wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Member:
    SGV, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Offroad
    No problem, and I plan to continue to use the kit to the fullest extent, but is it safe to say that the current owners of these kits should look into reinforcing the part of the bushing sleeve that broke?

20. Nov 30, 2011 at 11:47 AM
    Engage Offroad

Member:
    First Name:
    Engage Marketing
    Pomona, CA
    No we do not

and i have trust in my design, as i race on it just how i sell it, but if any of my customer feel that they want a full wrap for their pivot points please email us at engageoffroad@gmail.com and we will come up with a plan as to do it correctly you need to remove the LCA from the vehicle, if anyone brings us their LCA removed we will do the full wrap at no cost, again i race on the product as it sells today and have full confidence on it, but if anyone wants it i will gladly take care of it for them, please just contact us to schedule you in....Hass....EngageOffRoad....909-238-6788

Products Discussed in

To Top