tacoman68 is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
tacoman68's Tacoma Gallery
ENGAGE offroad lower arm broke i need your guys opinion on this

ENGAGE offroad lower arm broke i need your guys opinion on this-photo-1-4-.jpg

ENGAGE offroad lower arm broke i need your guys opinion on this-photo-2-.jpg

ENGAGE offroad lower arm broke i need your guys opinion on this-photo-1-3-.jpg

ENGAGE offroad lower arm broke i need your guys opinion on this-photo-1-.jpg

so on saturday my lower arm broke off right at the pivot point on the front of the lower right side A arm was going through a wash and with no warnings lower a arm came off from the front to back but my front mount is completly fine showing no damage look at the pics, so my question is whats every ones opion on this i think that if i would have hit something that hard i think that the front stock mount would have bent or tore off first like the rear did please help i think the ENGAGE should fix at there cost.........
Old 11-29-2011, 07:31 PM   #2
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
looks like it broke right at the welds to me!

meaning they fix it and thank you for not suing them.
Old 11-29-2011, 07:36 PM   #3
ɔoɯq
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paden
BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
they've had the same issue in the past if i recall.

saw this in the BS thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacorunner87 View Post
Saw this over at dezertrangers.

Old 11-29-2011, 07:42 PM   #4
Max's Canadian Twin
theduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
theduck911's Tacoma Gallery
That's the 2nd Engage kit I've seen this happen too. 1st truck rolled totally (can't remember if it was from the kit or if it was a result of the roll)

Doesn't appear to be at the welds. It appears to be at the seam of the tube which the bushing is pushed into, (seamless tubing should be being used, not sure if it is or not)
Old 11-29-2011, 07:53 PM   #5
Do you know Tyler Durden?
FearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
FearNothing321's Tacoma Gallery
Engage should fix this and replace both LCAs with new ones
Old 11-29-2011, 07:55 PM   #6
E-Fabber
Anthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
Anthony250's Tacoma Gallery
You need call and discuss this with Engage about what to do.
Sucks this happen to ya. But they are good people and should fix it good! Looks like that was rusting too. Dont know if that has anything to do with it.
Old 11-29-2011, 07:56 PM   #7
Max's Canadian Twin
theduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

That piece (gusset) on top that is welded (seen in 3rd pic) should wrap all the way around the bushing mount to bottom of the arm if they are using seamed tubing...might be something to do either way since this isn't the 1st occurrence.
Old 11-29-2011, 07:56 PM   #8
Toyota Its Like A Jeep Thing Only Better
Socalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Socalrunner's Tacoma Gallery
Damn!!!!! no bueno
Old 11-29-2011, 07:57 PM   #9
Banned
jjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jesse
jjw1's Tacoma Gallery
That sucks!
Old 11-29-2011, 08:01 PM   #10
Defined is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefined is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefined is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefined is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefined is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefined is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefined is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefined is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefined is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefined is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefined is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: mike
Defined's Tacoma Gallery
you got what you paid for , unfortunately. but they should take care of you , it should have never happened. dont know how they are gonna repair the piece of frame that was ripped out without you being local either

even if it was seamed tube and the seam was welded in the right position it might happen. thats why you never use .120wall tube for control arm pivot points! .1875 at the minimum and .250 for race applications.

so did your coilbucket have to be notched to clear the uca's at full droop for the install too?
Old 11-29-2011, 08:01 PM   #11
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoman68 View Post
Attachment 127150

Attachment 127151

Attachment 127152

Attachment 127153

so on saturday my lower arm broke off right at the pivot point on the front of the lower right side A arm was going through a wash and with no warnings lower a arm came off from the front to back but my front mount is completly fine showing no damage look at the pics, so my question is whats every ones opion on this i think that if i would have hit something that hard i think that the front stock mount would have bent or tore off first like the rear did please help i think the ENGAGE should fix at there cost.........
sucks that it broke..

have you contacted, or even tried to contact Engage? Engage has an A+ reputation for taking care of their customers..known for going above beyond what is reasonably expected. hope it all works out for you!
Old 11-29-2011, 08:24 PM   #12
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Again? And people wonder why I talk shit about Engage.

Old 11-29-2011, 08:26 PM   #13
tacoman68 is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
tacoman68's Tacoma Gallery
Ya I have been talking to hassim the last couple of days he's saying that he is whiling to work with me on SOME of the cost but not all of it and he needs to see the truck but he is not whilling to cover travel cost I live In new Mexico I think engage should cover the full cost of repairing my truck and the cost to get it to Cali.. If I would ha e hit somthing hard to cause the damage wouldn't it rip the stock mounts to the frame or ever bend before the a arm should give or am I wrong???
Old 11-29-2011, 08:28 PM   #14
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoman68 View Post
Ya I have been talking to hassim the last couple of days he's saying that he is whiling to work with me on SOME of the cost but not all of it and he needs to see the truck but he is not whilling to cover travel cost I live In new Mexico I think engage should cover the full cost of repairing my truck and the cost to get it to Cali.. If I would ha e hit somthing hard to cause the damage wouldn't it rip the stock mounts to the frame or ever bend before the a arm should give or am I wrong???
I would personally want the arm to break before damaging the frame...

But yeah its tough for engage because they can't be sure you didn't just ram into a giant rock or something. Tough situation for sure, good luck.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:31 PM   #15
Toyota Its Like A Jeep Thing Only Better
Socalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Socalrunner's Tacoma Gallery
Im nervous about my kit now
Old 11-29-2011, 08:37 PM   #17
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
jelly
Old 11-29-2011, 08:41 PM   #18
Joels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to behold

Name: joel
Joels98taco's Tacoma Gallery
if i were you id get rid of the engage kit and just drop the money on a brand new camburg lt kit with axles to retain the 4wd unlike engage that claims to have a design but i haven seen anything... mjp2 races on his camburg kit and i havent seen any issues with it... just my opinion
Old 11-29-2011, 08:42 PM   #19
Max's Canadian Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony250 View Post
BlackHawke88's kits been holding up good for a while.
Seems to be a rare occurrence, but still could happen to any kit.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:43 PM   #20
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joels98taco View Post
if i were you id get rid of the engage kit and just drop the money on a brand new camburg lt kit with axles to retain the 4wd unlike engage that claims to have a design but i haven seen anything... mjp2 races on his camburg kit and i havent seen any issues with it... just my opinion
I lol'd at the mention of MJP2 and no issues

jk his LT kit actually does seem to have held up even though it is far from "stock" as far as I can tell.