DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

Long Travel + Spindle PICS ?

Old 12-01-2011, 10:28 AM   #1
Bobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Bobber Bill's Tacoma Gallery
Long Travel + Spindle PICS ?

Does anybody have pictures of a 2nd gen with LT and lift spindles? Most importantly from head on. I'm trying to get an idea of the insane track width of this setup.

If you post pics, please specify which components are pictured. Thanks
Old 12-01-2011, 02:52 PM   #2
Bobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Thanks. I was hoping for pics of TC or Camburg.
Old 12-01-2011, 03:01 PM   #3
Max's Canadian Twin
theduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
theduck911's Tacoma Gallery
Look on the DMZ webpage there is a Blue 2nd Gen running the Camburg kit w/spindles.

Also, Look up the TSA race truck it also uses the Camburg kit with spindles
Old 12-01-2011, 04:00 PM   #4
Thanks duck. TC +2 LT it is.
Old 12-01-2011, 04:00 PM   #5
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
whats making you choose 2+ over the 3.5+?
Old 12-01-2011, 04:04 PM   #6
Max's Canadian Twin
theduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
theduck911's Tacoma Gallery
If you're 2WD (assuming you are since you asked about spindles) I would definitely recommend you get the 3.5" wide kit due to the extra travel, even look into the Camburg kit due to that it can pull 15" of travel 2WD (says the website)
Old 12-01-2011, 04:45 PM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
whats making you choose 2+ over the 3.5+?
My track width's pretty wide already as it is with the spindles. I'm not looking for max travel, just some stout control arms to complete the front suspension. Maybe I'm getting old, but all-out LT daily drivers are just obnoxious to me.

I just want a good all-around suspension that can handle my moderate wheeling.
Old 12-01-2011, 07:20 PM   #8
interm_4 has a brilliant futureinterm_4 has a brilliant futureinterm_4 has a brilliant futureinterm_4 has a brilliant futureinterm_4 has a brilliant futureinterm_4 has a brilliant futureinterm_4 has a brilliant futureinterm_4 has a brilliant futureinterm_4 has a brilliant futureinterm_4 has a brilliant futureinterm_4 has a brilliant future
Name: Matt
interm_4's Tacoma Gallery
both with tc lt + lift spindles 2nd pic is a 4runner

Old 12-01-2011, 07:38 PM   #9
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
only cool people have LT and fab spindles
Old 12-01-2011, 07:44 PM   #10
interm_4 has a brilliant futureinterm_4 has a brilliant futureinterm_4 has a brilliant futureinterm_4 has a brilliant futureinterm_4 has a brilliant futureinterm_4 has a brilliant futureinterm_4 has a brilliant futureinterm_4 has a brilliant futureinterm_4 has a brilliant futureinterm_4 has a brilliant futureinterm_4 has a brilliant future
Name: Matt
interm_4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
i will be joining you in that club soon and finally be cool!
Old 12-01-2011, 07:48 PM   #12
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by interm_4 View Post
i will be joining you in that club soon and finally be cool!
Old 12-01-2011, 08:15 PM   #13
Those are some wide tracks!
Old 12-01-2011, 08:19 PM   #14

just being a pic whore, i know the OP doesn't give a crap about 1st gens...

Old 12-01-2011, 08:53 PM   #15
Quote:
just being a pic whore, i know the OP doesn't give a crap about 1st gens...

What're you talkin' about?! I've loved Toyota trucks ever since I first laid eyes on this little gem. What you know 'bout this young fella?

I like 1st gens a lot better when they make it out to Gorman http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sou...ey-pt-2-a.html
Old 12-02-2011, 09:39 AM   #16
FixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
FixedTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I want to be cool like Matt too, but I'm broke so the coolness has to wait .

Socalrunner is running the Engage kit with their spindles.

Old 12-02-2011, 10:20 AM   #17
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
Random note, just noticed that the raptor has those shear plates on yhe outside edges of the upper control arm bolt.
Old 12-02-2011, 02:02 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
Random note, just noticed that the raptor has those shear plates on yhe outside edges of the upper control arm bolt.
yeah, the UCA mounts are double shear, but i think the reg F150's are like that too...
Old 12-02-2011, 04:52 PM   #19
Marnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
Marnes2986's Tacoma Gallery
Here's a video... =P my buddy in the blue truck has the allied spindles and TC kit. I want a set of TC ones bad! it will make my skid a lil happy

http://vimeo.com/5565218
Old 12-02-2011, 05:21 PM   #20

does chaz still have his truck?