DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

American Motorsports is a rip off

Old 01-21-2012, 06:50 PM   #41
AmeriMotor is a splendid one to beholdAmeriMotor is a splendid one to beholdAmeriMotor is a splendid one to beholdAmeriMotor is a splendid one to beholdAmeriMotor is a splendid one to beholdAmeriMotor is a splendid one to beholdAmeriMotor is a splendid one to beholdAmeriMotor is a splendid one to behold

Firefighter:
Name: American Motorsports
AmeriMotor's Tacoma Gallery
So i destroyed a brand new 5 lug tacoma spindle only to come to a final conculsion....... I cant use any of the stock parts not even the hub. It has preloaded bearings internally. I wouldnt be able to sell them without puting the bearing together first and then if i dont get the preload right you can wear out your bearings very quick............ So that road is leadng no where. But dont worry i havent given up yet i have looked into another way of building this lift spindle.
Old 01-21-2012, 06:53 PM   #42
Toyota Its Like A Jeep Thing Only Better
Socalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Socalrunner's Tacoma Gallery
Hey man at least your putting a lot of r and d into your products. In the end your goon to produce a really nice set up. Good luck! I'm glad there are still good fabricators out there
Old 01-21-2012, 11:09 PM   #43
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
yeah dude just take your time and make a good product!
Old 01-24-2012, 04:35 PM   #44
jesusc has much to be proud ofjesusc has much to be proud ofjesusc has much to be proud ofjesusc has much to be proud ofjesusc has much to be proud ofjesusc has much to be proud ofjesusc has much to be proud ofjesusc has much to be proud ofjesusc has much to be proud of

jesusc's Tacoma Gallery
Any new update
Old 01-24-2012, 09:08 PM   #45
silk12taco is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Civil Engineer
silk12taco's Tacoma Gallery
Any word on making a spindle for 6luggers? That would be sick
Old 02-01-2012, 08:50 AM   #46
AmeriMotor is a splendid one to beholdAmeriMotor is a splendid one to beholdAmeriMotor is a splendid one to beholdAmeriMotor is a splendid one to beholdAmeriMotor is a splendid one to beholdAmeriMotor is a splendid one to beholdAmeriMotor is a splendid one to beholdAmeriMotor is a splendid one to behold

Firefighter:
Yes I definitely would build a lift spindle for a 6 lug but I need to finish up the lift spindle for the 5 lug. Then I'll get cracking on it.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:26 AM   #47
Banned
Shemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
Shemicals's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeriMotor View Post
Yes I definitely would build a lift spindle for a 6 lug but I need to finish up the lift spindle for the 5 lug. Then I'll get cracking on it.
Keep up the good work brian... you are the five lugs only hope!
Old 02-01-2012, 12:16 PM   #48
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Glad to see the 5 luggers are getting put first for once. As it should be
Old 02-02-2012, 11:33 AM   #49
NakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightNakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightNakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightNakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightNakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightNakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of light
NakedTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Hey I talked
To
Some one that wrked with TC and
On the race truck they used a modified 95-?? 4x4 spindle on there kit
If I rememeber correctly ... Just something to look into that would be with te LT KIT. Of course
Old 02-02-2012, 04:50 PM   #50
p8ntballer45 is on a distinguished road
p8ntballer45's Tacoma Gallery
Soo ready for this lift spindle to come out! My sway away 2.5s are rough ridin at a little over 2 1/2" of lift. It will be nice to drop them to 0-1" keep up the hard work!
Old 02-04-2012, 09:46 PM   #51

Firefighter:
oh no its happening...........
Old 02-07-2012, 01:55 PM   #52
Steve J
Steve J is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteve J is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteve J is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteve J is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteve J is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteve J is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteve J is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteve J is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteve J is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteve J is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteve J is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steve J's Tacoma Gallery
Hell yeah. Another 5 lugger waiting here.
Old 02-07-2012, 02:11 PM   #53
Banned
Shemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve J View Post
Hell yeah. Another 5 lugger waiting here.
MOFO MOFO GET IT GET IT
Old 02-07-2012, 03:38 PM   #54
Steve J
Steve J is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteve J is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteve J is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteve J is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteve J is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteve J is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteve J is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteve J is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteve J is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteve J is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteve J is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Steve J's Tacoma Gallery
Hell yeah Matt. I've been following your build. I'm getting Cover King custom seat covers made right now & next week Injen is using my truck as a model for the 2012 CAI.
Old 02-07-2012, 04:51 PM   #55
Banned
Quote:
Hell yeah Matt. I've been following your build. I'm getting Cover King custom seat covers made right now & next week Injen is using my truck as a model for the 2012 CAI.
i want to see these seat covers for sure....

also give me specs on tha CAI...... i want a CA legal CAI so badd!!!
Old 02-08-2012, 06:04 AM   #56
Steve J

Steve J's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Matt. The Injen one is not CARB approved. Appearently there is only the TRD & a select few from K&N that are CARB approved. I will obviousl "only be using mine for off road use only." LMAO.... I am looking in to the DT Headers though as well.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:31 AM   #57
Banned
Quote:
Hey Matt. The Injen one is not CARB approved. Appearently there is only the TRD & a select few from K&N that are CARB approved. I will obviousl "only be using mine for off road use only." LMAO.... I am looking in to the DT Headers though as well.
Damn... I want to build a Turbo but i just bought a house so all truck mods are on hold. i may not be able to make this trip because its on a sunday and i would have to be back at work in northern cali on monday... i am going to make it down soon though
Old 02-08-2012, 05:59 PM   #58

Firefighter:
I just got parts back from the machinist and ill be prototyping the first set of lift spindles on friday. Heres a sneak peak at whats going on.
Attached Thumbnails
American Motorsports is a rip off-photo-1-.jpg   American Motorsports is a rip off-photo-2-.jpg   American Motorsports is a rip off-photo-3-.jpg   American Motorsports is a rip off-photo.jpg  
Old 02-08-2012, 06:03 PM   #59

Firefighter:
If i get enough people wanting these ill give a group buy for the first sets. So give me an idea on how many want a set.
Old 02-08-2012, 06:06 PM   #60
Harrytasker1 is on a distinguished road
Name: Christian
Harrytasker1's Tacoma Gallery
Me!