DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

American Motorsports is a rip off

Old 12-21-2011, 08:01 PM   #1
AmeriMotor is a splendid one to beholdAmeriMotor is a splendid one to beholdAmeriMotor is a splendid one to beholdAmeriMotor is a splendid one to beholdAmeriMotor is a splendid one to beholdAmeriMotor is a splendid one to beholdAmeriMotor is a splendid one to beholdAmeriMotor is a splendid one to behold

Firefighter:
Name: American Motorsports
AmeriMotor's Tacoma Gallery
American Motorsports is a rip off

American Motorsports lift spindle for 05-12 5 lug Toyota Tacoma. So ive been working on a 3in lift spindle for the 2nd gen 5 lug tacomas with mid travel kits and with long travel kits (total choas). That weak spindle has caused so many problems for you guys so we decide to make it stronger and elimate the bolt on uniball to the spindle with a double shear mounting point. The upper uniball mounts to the top of the spindle with a through bolt. We were able to get 16in of wheel travel with this spindle added on to the total choas kit. Plans are to have full heim steering with the long travel kits. I will have more info in the up coming weeks heres a couple teaser pics. The mid travel spindle is in the works as well and i will post pics as those get futher a long in the developement.

American Motorsports
760-802-0010
Attached Thumbnails
American Motorsports is a rip off-img_0979.jpg   American Motorsports is a rip off-img_0981.jpg   American Motorsports is a rip off-img_0982.jpg  
Old 12-22-2011, 01:59 PM   #2
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
DTFtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
More great work guys!
Old 12-22-2011, 04:19 PM   #3
distinguished bongo truck art critic
Mxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police Platoon Leader
Name: Chase
Mxpatriot's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice! When are you guys going to start making 6 lug stuff?
Old 12-29-2011, 08:35 AM   #4
Thorpedo26 is on a distinguished road

Name: Brandon Thorpe
Thorpedo26's Tacoma Gallery
This will be awesome! Will it only be useful if you have a travel suspension? Or could say a "stock" 5 lug put them on and gain height
Old 12-29-2011, 07:11 PM   #5
NakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightNakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightNakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightNakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightNakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightNakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of light
NakedTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I'm very interested in a spindle for the TC MID TRAVEL KIT . I have the TC LT REAR KIT and I need more lift in the front ASAP! Let me know !!!!
Old 12-29-2011, 10:12 PM   #6
AmeriMotor is a splendid one to beholdAmeriMotor is a splendid one to beholdAmeriMotor is a splendid one to beholdAmeriMotor is a splendid one to beholdAmeriMotor is a splendid one to beholdAmeriMotor is a splendid one to beholdAmeriMotor is a splendid one to beholdAmeriMotor is a splendid one to behold

Firefighter:
ill post up pics very soon when the first prototype is on the jig fixture. Call me if you have any questions.
Old 01-02-2012, 01:32 PM   #7
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
this is sweet! definitely something id be interested in for the future.
Old 01-02-2012, 01:55 PM   #8
chingy is on a distinguished road
chingy's Tacoma Gallery
Very interested in the mid level kit! Do I have to purchase the tc uca kit or will your kit have all the parts needed?
Old 01-02-2012, 06:03 PM   #9
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) veteran.
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Old 01-02-2012, 07:32 PM   #10
Banned
Shemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
Shemicals's Tacoma Gallery
i will definitely be your first buyer. i talked to stupid on saturday about it. let me know
Old 01-02-2012, 07:42 PM   #11
Hoogie boogie!
Stupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
Stupid hurts.'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Stupid hurts.
Just a little update about the spindles. Brian and I discovered a way where we might be able to utilize our stock hub rather than a Ranger one. We're going to tinker around and see what we're dealing with. If this is the case, we may need to start getting some machine work done. We'll start gathering a number people who are interested to split the cost of the machine work because the more people willing to chip in, the cheaper the machining is on each set of spindles. As a result, a certain amount of people will be getting a smoking deal on some spindles, but unsure of the number. I'm sure Brian will chime in here when he gets a chance. I'll let him know to post up in this thread.
Old 01-02-2012, 07:46 PM   #12
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid hurts. View Post
Brian and I discovered a way where we might be able to utilize our stock hub rather than a Ranger one.
What?
Old 01-02-2012, 07:52 PM   #13
Hoogie boogie!
Stupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
Stupid hurts.'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Stupid hurts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjboutin View Post
What?
The spindles on our trucks are more difficult to work with, unlike the ones on 6 lug Prerunners. The original plan was to use Ranger hubs (same bolt pattern), however, we may have found a way to be able to make these spindles completely bolt on like the ones that are out there for the 6 luggers utilizing our stock hubs. I'll let Brian know to clarify a few things in here in case I am mistaken and mentioned something incorrectly.
Old 01-02-2012, 08:04 PM   #14
Mob parking lots.

Did not know that. lol

Must have missed that in the original post.
Old 01-02-2012, 08:05 PM   #15

Firefighter:
Thanks Steven for giving out all my secrets......lol Yes he is right and i think i might be able to use the stock 5 lug hubs so your not buying any ford parts. But im still working out all the details on how i can make it work. If i can us the stock hubs there will be some machine work nessecary to make it work. I will be getting back with futher details once i have a better idea.

Brian
Old 01-02-2012, 08:06 PM   #16
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
Old 01-03-2012, 12:31 AM   #17
Dont be stupid, its not smart.
SurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dylan
SurfInferno's Tacoma Gallery
id be down! Could i still use my TC UCA/ Icon Coil over mid travel kid with this spindle?
Old 01-03-2012, 07:53 AM   #18
NakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightNakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightNakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightNakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightNakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightNakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of light
NakedTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid hurts. View Post
Just a little update about the spindles. Brian and I discovered a way where we might be able to utilize our stock hub rather than a Ranger one. We're going to tinker around and see what we're dealing with. If this is the case, we may need to start getting some machine work done. We'll start gathering a number people who are interested to split the cost of the machine work because the more people willing to chip in, the cheaper the machining is on each set of spindles. As a result, a certain amount of people will be getting a smoking deal on some spindles, but unsure of the number. I'm sure Brian will chime in here when he gets a chance. I'll let him know to post up in this thread.
when u have some price numbers hit me up
Old 01-03-2012, 08:02 AM   #19

Firefighter:
Im hoping i can make a lift spindle that will lift stock 05 and up 5 lug tacomas but im not sure yet. It will work with 05 and up 5 lug tacomas with the upper arms and replacement coilovers and tacomas with the tc long travel kits and soon my long travel kit (as you guys have seen to stupidhurts build page).
Old 01-03-2012, 10:47 AM   #20
Banned
Shemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
Shemicals's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeriMotor View Post
Im hoping i can make a lift spindle that will lift stock 05 and up 5 lug tacomas but im not sure yet. It will work with 05 and up 5 lug tacomas with the upper arms and replacement coilovers and tacomas with the tc long travel kits and soon my long travel kit (as you guys have seen to stupidhurts build page).
like naked said get me a price