DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

New 2012 Tacoma Baja!! WHAT!!!

Old 01-11-2012, 02:49 PM   #41
Oat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant future

Marines:
Oat's Tacoma Gallery
How can this possibly be comparative to a raptor, besides the graphics.
Old 01-11-2012, 02:50 PM   #42
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I think people are really confused as to what long travel really is. Shocks and stickers do not make for a long travel truck.
Old 01-11-2012, 02:50 PM   #43
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
So who will be the first to pay 40K for 5100s and a sticker?
well technically they're only paying like 10k for the shocks and sticker

talk about a bargain!
Old 01-11-2012, 02:52 PM   #44
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
well technically they're only paying like 10k for the shocks and sticker

talk about a bargain!
It is a bargain if mom and dad are paying for it or if you are a derp with your own money. Sweet!
Old 01-11-2012, 02:55 PM   #45
The Beast
yotabeast505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotabeast505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotabeast505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotabeast505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotabeast505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotabeast505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotabeast505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotabeast505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotabeast505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotabeast505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotabeast505 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 82nd Airborn
Name: David
yotabeast505's Tacoma Gallery
lol and the crapters are junk iv seen a blue one's whole front control arm snap off going over whoops made for peewee 50's lol. one thing i can give a crapter is the power it puts out but thats it you have the money to put in to a crapter you can build a trophy truck out of a tacoma and spank the crapter
Old 01-11-2012, 03:08 PM   #46
your TW web developer!
rondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ronnie
rondog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
ahh, insurance fraud lol, thanks!
Old 01-11-2012, 05:18 PM   #47
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yotabeast505 View Post
lol and the crapters are junk iv seen a blue one's whole front control arm snap off going over whoops made for peewee 50's lol. one thing i can give a crapter is the power it puts out but thats it you have the money to put in to a crapter you can build a trophy truck out of a tacoma and spank the crapter
that's can be caused from many things, lack of prep, bad bolts, loose bolts... my lower arm separated from my spindle going over a speed bump. i guess my truck is a craptor too...
Old 01-23-2012, 11:25 AM   #48
shackley is one of the sharper tools in the shedshackley is one of the sharper tools in the shedshackley is one of the sharper tools in the shedshackley is one of the sharper tools in the shedshackley is one of the sharper tools in the shedshackley is one of the sharper tools in the shedshackley is one of the sharper tools in the shedshackley is one of the sharper tools in the shedshackley is one of the sharper tools in the shedshackley is one of the sharper tools in the shedshackley is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: WO1, Vietnam, 3rd Marines/ 1st Marine Brigade
Name: Steve
shackley's Tacoma Gallery
2012 TRD OR versus TX Baja

I just bought a 2012 TRD OR MT, Access cab. As far as I can see, except for the 2" lift, larger tires and wheels, it's the same as mine, and without the lame "Baja" signage. The interior looks identical. So, I paid $29, 864 + tl, and put Hankook 265/75 16s on it and it's well below $31,000. I assume that if I wanted to put on larger wheels and a 2" lift it would be less than 4 grand. Still, if the lift is what you want, it will sell.

Steve from Albuquerque
Old 01-23-2012, 11:28 AM   #49
Banned
Yup. No difference over the TRD package except some shiny parts.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:31 PM   #50
aportis72 is a glorious beacon of lightaportis72 is a glorious beacon of lightaportis72 is a glorious beacon of lightaportis72 is a glorious beacon of lightaportis72 is a glorious beacon of light
EMS:
Name: Austin
aportis72's Tacoma Gallery
It actually does have resi shocks on it. HAHA. That's dumb
Old 03-16-2012, 10:39 PM   #51
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
I saw the tumbnail of the video of jame's hucking his truck and was expecting to see someone doing the same to their 2012. This thread sucks.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:37 PM   #52
BajaHa187 is on a distinguished road
BajaHa187's Tacoma Gallery
I see someone likes to dis the crap out of the baja. Toyota did a great job with this truck right from the factory. Its by far their best build. It came in second to the raptor for truck of the year and even beat it in some events. I'm not saying you can't build a better truck, but Toyota won't warranty your build. Plus the raptor is fifty g's. It better be truck of the year for that price. I paid $33,400 for the baja and its well worth it. Every tacoma that comes out could be a little better. I want to sit with those designers from Toyota for a day and tell them what drivers and off roaders really need and want. Not gonna happen though. You make it sound like a POS. I haven't got stuck once and I've been up mountains, through a river over the hood and blasted through a snow storm! Just give it some credit man!
Old 04-15-2013, 10:21 PM   #53
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
lembowski's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaHa187 View Post
I see someone likes to dis the crap out of the baja. Toyota did a great job with this truck right from the factory. Its by far their best build. It came in second to the raptor for truck of the year and even beat it in some events. I'm not saying you can't build a better truck, but Toyota won't warranty your build. Plus the raptor is fifty g's. It better be truck of the year for that price. I paid $33,400 for the baja and its well worth it. Every tacoma that comes out could be a little better. I want to sit with those designers from Toyota for a day and tell them what drivers and off roaders really need and want. Not gonna happenthough. You make it sound like a POS. I haven't got stuck once and I've been up mountains, through a river over the hood and blasted through a snow storm! Just give it some credit man!
:what:
Old 04-15-2013, 10:37 PM   #54
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaHa187 View Post
I see someone likes to dis the crap out of the baja. Toyota did a great job with this truck right from the factory. Its by far their best build. It came in second to the raptor for truck of the year and even beat it in some events. I'm not saying you can't build a better truck, but Toyota won't warranty your build. Plus the raptor is fifty g's. It better be truck of the year for that price. I paid $33,400 for the baja and its well worth it. Every tacoma that comes out could be a little better. I want to sit with those designers from Toyota for a day and tell them what drivers and off roaders really need and want. Not gonna happen though. You make it sound like a POS. I haven't got stuck once and I've been up mountains, through a river over the hood and blasted through a snow storm! Just give it some credit man!
meh, its just LT mentality.....

Old 04-16-2013, 08:02 PM   #55
stump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
stump jumper's Tacoma Gallery
I agree 100% withBajaha. As anyone who posted on here priced a Raptor?. I will pay an extra $4k for a Toyota versus an extra $15 for a Fix Or Repair Daily any day. Yes the Raptor has a ton of power but check out the Mpgs. Also, you can get the Baja without the stickers.
Old 04-16-2013, 08:11 PM   #56
distinguished bongo truck art critic
Mxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police Platoon Leader
Name: Chase
Mxpatriot's Tacoma Gallery
Or, you could buy a base model tacoma, put a set of 5100's on it, and save yourself a few thousand dollars.

The Baja is marketed as a Raptor competitor (a go-fast desert truck), and as that, it is a joke.