DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

Bed cage costs

Old 01-24-2012, 09:09 AM   #41
Cuz Stock Sucks!
SDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SDHQ OFFROAD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
the same amount of work from a garage fab guy could be $1,000, and $8,000 from sdhq so it really depends.
I'm not sure where you're getting your numbers...Maybe you're thinking for a complete Spring-Under build including Shocks, Bumps, Springs, Shackles, Bedsides, 4130 Bed Cage and all the fabrication time spent (TIG welded).... Can't get that for $1000 anywhere bud
Old 01-24-2012, 09:13 AM   #42
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDHQ OFFROAD View Post
I'm not sure where you're getting your numbers...Maybe you're thinking for a complete Spring-Under build including Shocks, Bumps, Springs, Shackles, Bedsides, 4130 Bed Cage and all the fabrication time spent (TIG welded).... Can't get that for $1000 anywhere bud
glad to see you guys are still hanging around, despite the efforts of some
Old 01-24-2012, 09:15 AM   #43
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
and I was being sarcastic, but either way you guys would be 4x more expensive that some dude in his garage. yeah it may not be race quality or tig welded but it can still be dam good if the guy knows what he is doing.

it just all depends do you have the money and want a race shop to do the work? your gonna pay for it, but yes it will be badass. or go with a garage fab that can still be badass but maybe not as bad ass as sdhq and pay way less. itís all personal preference.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:29 AM   #44
SeŮor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
We could get our numbers from you if you posted them. So if not $8k what is the cost for all of the above? IIRC the spec sheet on Padens truck showed $5k for the "bed cage" before it was pulled down
Old 01-24-2012, 09:31 AM   #45
Cuz Stock Sucks!
SDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
glad to see you guys are still hanging around, despite the efforts of some
We are here for you guys (the members), if that means not being an official vendor then so be it. We appreciate the support shown in the community.

That being said, although disappointed we respect the decision made by Bob and his staff and look forward to building a working relationship with TW and its members in the future.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:49 AM   #46
Cuz Stock Sucks!

Quote:
and I was being sarcastic, but either way you guys would be 4x more expensive that some dude in his garage. yeah it may not be race quality or tig welded but it can still be dam good if the guy knows what he is doing.

it just all depends do you have the money and want a race shop to do the work? your gonna pay for it, but yes it will be badass. or go with a garage fab that can still be badass but maybe not as bad ass as sdhq and pay way less. it’s all personal preference.
I think your right on when you say Personal Preference. We have many garage fabbers buy their supplies from us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr250jumper View Post
We could get our numbers from you if you posted them. So if not $8k what is the cost for all of the above? IIRC the spec sheet on Padens truck showed $5k for the "bed cage" before it was pulled down
Every build is different, If you want a specific quote on something feel free to shoot us a PM/Email or call the shop
Old 01-24-2012, 09:55 AM   #47
GFO DMC LBR
dirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: adam
dirty dangler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

it just all depends do you have the money and want a race shop to do the work? your gonna pay for it, but yes it will be badass. or go with a garage fab that can still be badass but maybe not as bad ass as sdhq and pay way less. itís all personal preference.
agreed garage fab can be pretty sexy

Old 01-24-2012, 10:10 AM   #48
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr250jumper View Post
id like to see it as well, im sure other people would too.

Quote:
We are here for you guys (the members), if that means not being an official vendor then so be it. We appreciate the support shown in the community.

That being said, although disappointed we respect the decision made by Bob and his staff and look forward to building a working relationship with TW and its members in the future.
thats awesome that you guys are still here for us even after being given vendor status then taken away so soon.

Quote:
I think your right on when you say Personal Preference. We have many garage fabbers buy their supplies from us

Every build is different, If you want a specific quote on something feel free to shoot us a PM/Email or call the shop
garage fabbers buy their supplies from you? like what? they still do most of the hard work even if they do get supplies from you. and thats where the real bucks come in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty dangler View Post
agreed garage fab can be pretty sexy

garage fab ftw
Old 01-24-2012, 10:48 AM   #49
Cuz Stock Sucks!

Quote:
thats awesome that you guys are still here for us even after being given vendor status then taken away so soon.
We're here for you guys!

Quote:
garage fabbers buy their supplies from you? like what? they still do most of the hard work even if they do get supplies from you. and thats where the real bucks come in.
We sell alot of the misc parts since we are one of the few places locally that stocks everything. Tube Disconnects, heims, bushings etc etc etc. We have a massive inventory of tabs, bump cans, spring perches, pretty much everything fab wise you can think of to finish your project.

Old 01-24-2012, 11:00 AM   #50
GFO DMC LBR
dirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: adam
dirty dangler's Tacoma Gallery

Quote:

Old 01-24-2012, 11:23 AM   #51
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Checking

Yup. I just came a little.
Old 01-24-2012, 12:06 PM   #52
s13bdafocker has much to be proud ofs13bdafocker has much to be proud ofs13bdafocker has much to be proud ofs13bdafocker has much to be proud ofs13bdafocker has much to be proud ofs13bdafocker has much to be proud ofs13bdafocker has much to be proud ofs13bdafocker has much to be proud ofs13bdafocker has much to be proud of

Name: Daniel
s13bdafocker's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
We're here for you guys!

We sell alot of the misc parts since we are one of the few places locally that stocks everything. Tube Disconnects, heims, bushings etc etc etc. We have a massive inventory of tabs, bump cans, spring perches, pretty much everything fab wise you can think of to finish your project.

I know where I'm going Feb 12th when I make a trip out there. Hope you are open Sundays
Old 01-24-2012, 02:05 PM   #53
Cuz Stock Sucks!

Typically were not but lucky for you thats the same day as our Garage Sale so we will be here and open!

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/ari...11th-12th.html
Old 01-24-2012, 02:46 PM   #54
atvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant future

Name: Chris
atvlifestyle's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
We're here for you guys!

Wow I wish I was in your neck of the woods. You guys would def be involved in my build.

Glad you are sticking around TW.
Old 06-02-2012, 09:23 PM   #55
AFZ is on a distinguished road
AFZ's Tacoma Gallery
Its a Ranger sure... but it's also not $2,600.

$400. Time to buy a Tig welder for $1,200 and start making your own parts.
http://www.dixonbrosracing.com/content/view/4/2/
Old 06-02-2012, 10:43 PM   #56
A.I.I.Raciing is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.I.I.Raciing is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.I.I.Raciing is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.I.I.Raciing is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.I.I.Raciing is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.I.I.Raciing is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.I.I.Raciing is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.I.I.Raciing is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.I.I.Raciing is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.I.I.Raciing is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.I.I.Raciing is one of the sharper tools in the shed
A.I.I.Raciing's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, 10K for a bed cage .
On my Sport Trac I'm about 8K into it minus shocks.
That includes all metal, all fabrication, 64" Deavers, bump stops mounted, custom 1 off hanger and shackles & spring plates, 4 inch frame notch, fuel cell mount, oil box holder, storage rack, tig welded shock mounts, tied into the cab cage in 8 places and a complete fully fabricated 9" housing.

Old 06-03-2012, 05:48 PM   #57
06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed
06HAOLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I have no idea what the issues are/were but you guys are a class act. I will not forget the hasty shop tour and assistance with selling my truck when I came out to AZ. Thanks Serena and the rest of SDHQ!!

In reference to cost: You get what you pay for in terms of set-up, shock life, and appearance. I have found thru my own previous build that the biggest issue with garage fab is fit and finish. Your project will probably not come out clean/perfect unless you do the work yourself (ex. Kit and Engage or Mike's build with Carrol's Rod Racecraft) or pay good $$ to have someone else to do it and take the time.
Old 06-03-2012, 05:57 PM   #58
06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed
06HAOLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by elblako91 View Post
My bed cage was $750 at Krawltex

Looks great man. Im glad that worked out for you.
Old 06-03-2012, 06:09 PM   #59
atvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant future

Name: Chris
atvlifestyle's Tacoma Gallery
Since this thread is alive again I will throw up an update. Ended up doing a low profile bedcage, mounted the 12" shackles, and notched the inside of the frame for the bumps. Ended up costing $1100 so far. Decided to ditch the hoop idea in favor of a cab cage soon enough. Hope in the end it will be pretty sleeper.

Old 06-08-2012, 03:46 PM   #60
Cuz Stock Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06HAOLE View Post
I have no idea what the issues are/were but you guys are a class act. I will not forget the hasty shop tour and assistance with selling my truck when I came out to AZ. Thanks Serena and the rest of SDHQ!!

In reference to cost: You get what you pay for in terms of set-up, shock life, and appearance. I have found thru my own previous build that the biggest issue with garage fab is fit and finish. Your project will probably not come out clean/perfect unless you do the work yourself (ex. Kit and Engage or Mike's build with Carrol's Rod Racecraft) or pay good $$ to have someone else to do it and take the time.
thanks matt, glad to see you back in a truck again