DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

Bed cage costs

Old 01-08-2012, 07:13 AM   #1
atvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant future

Name: Chris
atvlifestyle's Tacoma Gallery
Bed cage costs

Just wondering what people paid to have ther bedcages built? If you built it yourself how much do you think you have in materials. My truck should be headed out soon for a bedcage/ rollbar combo but not really sure what its going to cost. Having a hard time justifying when I really have no idea what the end result will be.

Thanks everyone, Ive gotten lots of ideas of what I want from pics on TW.
Old 01-08-2012, 02:43 PM   #2
NakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightNakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightNakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightNakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightNakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightNakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of light
NakedTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
7 dollars
Old 01-08-2012, 02:48 PM   #3
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
how much has the shop quoted you for the cost?
Old 01-08-2012, 04:14 PM   #4
atvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
how much has the shop quoted you for the cost?
They quoted me aprox $2500 (?) for fairly extensive amount of work, so I didn't think it was that bad.

I just dont want to end up paying the money and then wanting it different and changing it up myself. So that just got me wondering what other people pay?

I guess I should have asked also how much of the design was yours, and how much did the builder design?
Old 01-10-2012, 12:52 AM   #5
FixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
FixedTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I think that is average cost for most reputable places depending on the design.
Old 01-10-2012, 07:10 AM   #6
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Complexity and materials determine a lot of what you'll pay. As a reference point, Giant offers a bolt-in bed cage for $1850.

Old 01-11-2012, 07:16 PM   #7
B.Radd.KO is one of the sharper tools in the shedB.Radd.KO is one of the sharper tools in the shedB.Radd.KO is one of the sharper tools in the shedB.Radd.KO is one of the sharper tools in the shedB.Radd.KO is one of the sharper tools in the shedB.Radd.KO is one of the sharper tools in the shedB.Radd.KO is one of the sharper tools in the shedB.Radd.KO is one of the sharper tools in the shedB.Radd.KO is one of the sharper tools in the shedB.Radd.KO is one of the sharper tools in the shedB.Radd.KO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Blanalin
B.Radd.KO's Tacoma Gallery
Camburg makes one that is made to have a rollcage biult into it. Powdercoated, spare tire holder, etc.

It's only 1500 bucks. It says they MIG weld it all together, but im not sure how they could ship something like that in one peice, so if you do need it shipped im sure youll have to do the wlelding yourself (They would probably peice it together to leave minimal work for you.)

Only problem is that your box would be overtaken by this unit. Not that you want anything loose back there when your romping around, but if ur using ur truck as a DD, then its gonna take away alot of the usability of ur bed (I like to use my bed as much as I can Haha... yah i know, lame.)

Im kind of leery about the price, seems cheap, so I would hunt down some reviews on this unit. And who knows if camburg isnt hiding all knids of nasty price points; little extra for this/that option. This site would be a good place to start, i think. I can only see it as being a worth-while option (For me) if you were going to build a cage in your cab down the road. If not i would be happier with a more compact cage even if it cost me more.

Its on their website, under Suspension systems, Rear Suspension, Bed Cage.

http://www.camburg.com/rearsuspension/bed-cage/

Personally i agree with Mjp2 the Giant design is the closest pre-manufactured cage to my liking.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:20 PM   #8
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Radd.KO View Post
Camburg makes one that is made to have a rollcage biult into it. Powdercoated, spare tire holder, etc.

It's only 1500 bucks. It says they MIG weld it all together, but im not sure how they could ship something like that in one peice, so if you do need it shipped im sure youll have to do the wlelding yourself (They would probably peice it together to leave minimal work for you.)

Only problem is that your box would be overtaken by this unit. Not that you want anything loose back there when your romping around, but if ur using ur truck as a DD, then its gonna take away alot of the usability of ur bed (I like to use my bed as much as I can Haha... yah i know, lame.)

Im kind of leery about the price, seems cheap, so I would hunt down some reviews on this unit. And who knows if camburg isnt hiding all knids of nasty price points; little extra for this/that option. This site would be a good place to start, i think. I can only see it as being a worth-while option (For me) if you were going to build a cage in your cab down the road. If not i would be happier with a more compact cage even if it cost me more.

Its on their website, under Suspension systems, Rear Suspension, Bed Cage.

http://www.camburg.com/rearsuspension/bed-cage/
that's for a ranger homie
Old 01-11-2012, 08:26 PM   #9
wstcstriderz has much to be proud ofwstcstriderz has much to be proud ofwstcstriderz has much to be proud ofwstcstriderz has much to be proud ofwstcstriderz has much to be proud ofwstcstriderz has much to be proud ofwstcstriderz has much to be proud ofwstcstriderz has much to be proud ofwstcstriderz has much to be proud ofwstcstriderz has much to be proud of

Name: jay
wstcstriderz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
that's for a ranger homie
Word....^^^ if anyone's priced dom tubing lately you might think differently about a good shop charging 2500 for a clean bedcage... just got qoutes for 2" .120 wall for 7 bucks a foot!! ouch.. 1.5 is round 5.50
Old 01-11-2012, 10:20 PM   #10
Professionull
battlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
battlescars's Tacoma Gallery
I put absolutely no bends when I designed my bed cage utilizing the key "triangulation" method and tied it into my cab cage eventually. If I were you, I would buy a welder, chop saw, grinder, bender and start learning something new. All this depends on what you have in mind for using the truck for and carrying in the bed too.
Old 01-11-2012, 10:28 PM   #11
Mega Member
Anteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
Name: Andrew
Anteupp's Tacoma Gallery
word. I looked at my recipts for metal we bought when me and my buddys built my bedcage and i paid 84 bucks for 60' of 1" 3/4 x.120 DOM
Old 01-11-2012, 10:36 PM   #12
Professionull
battlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
battlescars's Tacoma Gallery
Where and when did you find it for $1.40 a foot?
Old 01-11-2012, 10:39 PM   #13
Mega Member
Anteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
Name: Andrew
Anteupp's Tacoma Gallery
competitive metals in 2009 20' sticks were 28.60
Old 01-12-2012, 09:47 AM   #14
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by atvlifestyle View Post
They quoted me aprox $2500 (?) for fairly extensive amount of work, so I didn't think it was that bad.

I just dont want to end up paying the money and then wanting it different and changing it up myself. So that just got me wondering what other people pay?

I guess I should have asked also how much of the design was yours, and how much did the builder design?
Quote:
Originally Posted by battlescars View Post
I put absolutely no bends when I designed my bed cage utilizing the key "triangulation" method and tied it into my cab cage eventually. If I were you, I would buy a welder, chop saw, grinder, bender and start learning something new. All this depends on what you have in mind for using the truck for and carrying in the bed too.
$2500 may be the going rate but damn thats a lot for just the bedcage. I would agree with above and try it yourself if you have any fab skills. I am going to be under $2500 for my entire rear end including shocks, leafs, hangers, shackles, steel etc etc
Old 01-12-2012, 09:48 AM   #15
caffeine nicotine gasoline
livel0veryde is on a distinguished road

Name: josh Rockett
livel0veryde's Tacoma Gallery
i probably spent around $60ish on materiel, i'm cheap and used 1.5in X .120 wall ews.

Old 01-12-2012, 09:54 AM   #16
GFO DMC LBR
dirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: adam
dirty dangler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by atvlifestyle View Post
explain the "extensive amount of work"...2500 for a bedcage alone is stupid. imo..now if that includes all the SUA work then thats closer
Old 01-12-2012, 04:44 PM   #17

I wasnt trying to start arguments on who paid to much or looking for cheaper options. I was honestly just trying to establish a baseline.

I have all tools needed to build my own except for a bender. Just not sure I will have the time to tackle the project. I even have a plan with no bends minus the rollbar.

The extensive amount of work is a rollbar / bedcage/ mount my bypasses/ tire carriers. Also going to be making and setting up 12" shackles over the frame. We talked about some other stuff but not really sure if that is part of the plan (will finalize when drop off the truck).

Thanks for the feedback everyone.
Old 01-12-2012, 04:57 PM   #18
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
It just really shows that prices are varied and there are a lot of factors. If its a reputable shop, and they are setting everything up, including shackles, $2500 is not a bad price at all. If time permits, do it yourself and you can get a bender and still pay less than half that
Old 01-13-2012, 10:14 PM   #19
doing my thing.
kcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to behold

Firefighter: Hotshot
Name: Marco
kcbmx's Tacoma Gallery
I would consider his location to be a factor aswell, SoCal is full of fabricators that compete im prices to attract customers.
Old 01-14-2012, 08:46 AM   #20
Piratefish is on a distinguished road

Piratefish's Tacoma Gallery
Ive had quotes as high as $6K including shocks and SUA kit.