Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

This may be a stupid question

Old 01-25-2012, 08:15 PM   #1
RubberTank is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
RubberTank's Tacoma Gallery
This may be a stupid question

If I was looking to long travel my 07 2wd Prerunner would the total chaos 4wd kit work?
Old 01-25-2012, 08:25 PM   #3
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surgie View Post
You're title is correct. Use the search tool.
Or how about, instead of wasting time telling him to search...just help the dude

OP, I don't know jack about LT but I'm sure someone will be by here soon with the information you're looking for
Old 01-25-2012, 08:26 PM   #4
Stubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
Stubbs95tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
with time and money anything would work! but i think it would be easier and cheaper to just buy the 2wd kit?
Old 01-25-2012, 08:27 PM   #5
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
there is always the more polite, "this is what i know, but searching more thoroughly could really help a lot too"
Old 01-25-2012, 08:28 PM   #6
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tinker_troy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
why not get a 2wd kit?
maybe he knows someone getting rid of one off a 4wd

and from what I see on their website they only have one part number for 2nd gen, six lug so I would guess it would be the same but I'm no expert.

so
Old 01-25-2012, 09:17 PM   #7
vitang is one of the sharper tools in the shedvitang is one of the sharper tools in the shedvitang is one of the sharper tools in the shedvitang is one of the sharper tools in the shedvitang is one of the sharper tools in the shedvitang is one of the sharper tools in the shedvitang is one of the sharper tools in the shedvitang is one of the sharper tools in the shedvitang is one of the sharper tools in the shedvitang is one of the sharper tools in the shedvitang is one of the sharper tools in the shed

vitang's Tacoma Gallery
TC long travel kit is the same for 2wd or 4wd mnus the extended axles to retain 4wd
Old 01-25-2012, 09:23 PM   #8
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldn't think there would be a difference.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:44 PM   #9
jtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jeremy
jtlachac08's Tacoma Gallery
Same kit with or without axles
Old 01-25-2012, 09:58 PM   #10
ɔoɯq
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paden
BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
also a good idea to read the stickies!
Old 01-25-2012, 10:29 PM   #11
RubberTank is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
RubberTank's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtlachac08 View Post
Same kit with or without axles
thank you.

I was curious cause the 2wd drive one says for 5 luggers, and the 4wd prerunner one doesn't mention 2wd prerunners
Old 01-26-2012, 12:40 AM   #12
TC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
TC yota's Tacoma Gallery
Total Chaos (951) 737-9682
Old 01-26-2012, 08:37 AM   #13
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
what they all said^ its the same kit just without axles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surgie View Post
You're right. I have this being a Dick thing lately. Maybe I'm just on my rag and need a shrink. Sorry for being a Dick op.

Dang some reason my kindal insists on capital Dick.....
if you ever have a question about long travel ill be sure to tell you to search instead of helping you. i dont think searching on this site would have found that answer.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:34 AM   #14
jtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberTank View Post
thank you.

I was curious cause the 2wd drive one says for 5 luggers, and the 4wd prerunner one doesn't mention 2wd prerunners
The lingo may be a little deceiving.. There's really not such thing as a "4wd Prerunner" the term Prerunner typically refers to 2wd trucks. But, because toyota used the same similar platform on their 4wd trucks as there 2wd Prerunner. The 2wd kit is listed with the 4wd kit, cuz its the same kit. Make sense?

And for the guys that are gonna say "I have a 4wd Prerunner" I used the term to be topic specific. Thank You.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:46 AM   #15
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtlachac08 View Post
The lingo may be a little deceiving.. There's really not such thing as a "4wd Prerunner" the term Prerunner typically refers to 2wd trucks. But, because toyota used the same similar platform on their 4wd trucks as there 2wd Prerunner. The 2wd kit is listed with the 4wd kit, cuz its the same kit. Make sense?

And for the guys that are gonna say "I have a 4wd Prerunner" I used the term to be topic specific. Thank You.

dam. haha i was gonna say uhhhhh.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:51 AM   #16
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
dam. haha i was gonna say uhhhhh.
LOL Gotcha Bish!!