DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

Installing AP LT this weekend...have a question

Old 02-22-2012, 01:20 PM   #61
09blacktaco has a brilliant future09blacktaco has a brilliant future09blacktaco has a brilliant future09blacktaco has a brilliant future09blacktaco has a brilliant future09blacktaco has a brilliant future09blacktaco has a brilliant future09blacktaco has a brilliant future09blacktaco has a brilliant future09blacktaco has a brilliant future09blacktaco has a brilliant future
Coast Guard: BM
Name: Matt
09blacktaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacooon View Post
Like a boss and what fenders flares are you going to get
Going to keep the stock flares and probably take 3 inches out of them...one day. Thats a big project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsHerTruck View Post
Some spacers in the back would put the icing on the cake.. A mighty beast cake!!

How about some offroad pics? Go enjoy your hard work!
I have spidertrax 1.25" in the rear, it just doesn't look like it in the pics. The front and rear tires stick out from the fenders pretty evenly.
Old 02-22-2012, 01:29 PM   #62
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
I'm afraid of someone stealing the ap lt when I get it. I will definitely paint them black so it's less obvious. I'm thinking of welding some tabs over the bolts to you can't get at them without some work. But I'll make it so I can get them off. Same with bumpers and winch.
That's sad that people have to steal suspension components these days
Old 02-22-2012, 01:34 PM   #63
-
Namyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Namyo's Tacoma Gallery
Old 02-22-2012, 02:20 PM   #64
xSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
xSectionxEightx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm afraid of someone stealing the ap lt when I get it. I will definitely paint them black so it's less obvious. I'm thinking of welding some tabs over the bolts to you can't get at them without some work. But I'll make it so I can get them off. Same with bumpers and winch.
The AP kit I purchased was powder coated black by the original owner. It is very discrete. I like it.
Old 02-22-2012, 02:39 PM   #65
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
What size tires are you running with the kit?
Old 02-22-2012, 02:51 PM   #66
09blacktaco has a brilliant future09blacktaco has a brilliant future09blacktaco has a brilliant future09blacktaco has a brilliant future09blacktaco has a brilliant future09blacktaco has a brilliant future09blacktaco has a brilliant future09blacktaco has a brilliant future09blacktaco has a brilliant future09blacktaco has a brilliant future09blacktaco has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGrimm View Post
What size tires are you running with the kit?
285/70/r17, gonna do 35 mtz's at some point.
Old 02-22-2012, 02:52 PM   #67
Tacohead
HuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant future

Name: Kevin
HuntnTruk's Tacoma Gallery
Looks awesome dude.
If you had to take a guess, how much lift did you get from this? Much higher than a 3" lift?
Old 02-22-2012, 02:55 PM   #68
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuntnTruk View Post
Looks awesome dude.
If you had to take a guess, how much lift did you get from this? Much higher than a 3" lift?
thanks bud!

Probably around 3.5" maybe a little more than that, I didn't want to preload the coils to much and have it ride like shit. I wanted to still have plenty of downtravel too.

I have almost 2.25" of thread showing on the drivers coil and right at 2" on the passenger side. Hope that helps.
Old 02-22-2012, 05:01 PM   #69
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsHerTruck View Post
Some spacers in the back would put the icing on the cake.. A mighty beast cake!!

How about some offroad pics? Go enjoy your hard work!
Spidertrax 1.25" rear spacers compared to front AP LT.

Old 02-22-2012, 06:00 PM   #70
I am the one who knocks
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
omg. im so excited. your truck is sexy as hell. i demand more pictures.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:07 PM   #71
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
So jealous.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:09 PM   #72
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09blacktaco View Post
285/70/r17, gonna do 35 mtz's at some point.
Good to see someone going with Mickey Thompson's.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:17 PM   #73
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paden
BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
sweeet, nice truck.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:22 PM   #74
The Primeministah
ItsHerTruck is a jewel in the roughItsHerTruck is a jewel in the roughItsHerTruck is a jewel in the roughItsHerTruck is a jewel in the rough
Name: Alex
ItsHerTruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09blacktaco View Post
Spidertrax 1.25" rear spacers compared to front AP LT.

I stand corrected lookks perfect... Thats actually what i was going to suggest..lol
Old 09-28-2012, 07:21 PM   #76
Motohead323 is on a distinguished road
Motohead323's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteupp View Post
no way that is absolutely unacceptable from a company like allpro. thats ridiculous im mad for you!
I just had that exact same problem with my LCA's going onto a 2012 double cab. They're working on getting me new ones. Seems pretty messed up that this is a recurring issue.

Also just spent an hour or so slamming my birfield on a pipe trying to release the axle. The only thing I accomplished was making a huge mess. I'm glad I found this thread, learned about cutting them out and got the part number/name for the new clips I'll likely have to purchase.

No drive line shop around here wants to touch the things.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:02 PM   #77
I am the one who knocks
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
I'd never buy allpro LT again.
Old 09-29-2012, 10:04 AM   #78
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motohead323 View Post
I just had that exact same problem with my LCA's going onto a 2012 double cab. They're working on getting me new ones. Seems pretty messed up that this is a recurring issue.

Also just spent an hour or so slamming my birfield on a pipe trying to release the axle. The only thing I accomplished was making a huge mess. I'm glad I found this thread, learned about cutting them out and got the part number/name for the new clips I'll likely have to purchase.

No drive line shop around here wants to touch the things.
Yea that's pretty concerning. They need to fix their jig, it's obviousley a little off and the heat from welding shouldnt be distorting them that much. Since I got my replacement arms, I haven't had any issues.

On a positive note, I'm glad this thread helped you out. If you have a napa machine shop close, I would suggest checking to see if they can press the axle shaft out of the birf for ya.

Good luck with the replacement arms!
Old 09-29-2012, 10:05 AM   #79
Quote:
I'd never buy allpro LT again.
What issues have you had Jamie?