DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

Installing AP LT this weekend...have a question

Old 09-29-2012, 10:41 AM   #81
I am the one who knocks
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
-Bushings without sleeves. Tighten bolts on bushings. Squish bushings. Control arms do not move freely, and they squawk when they move the tiniest bit. These bushings and this design is WORTHLESS.

-Hd steering upgrade blows. One of my outer heims took a dump after 5000 miles.

-Bolts that screw into the steering rack (for he steering) keep coming loose. Thread locker, correct torque, and even too much torque won't hold them tight.

This is just my experience. If I was to do it again, I'd try total chaos.
Old 09-29-2012, 08:30 PM   #82
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
bushings without sleeves?!
Old 09-29-2012, 08:45 PM   #83
distinguished bongo truck art critic
Mxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police Platoon Leader
Name: Chase
Mxpatriot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
-Bushings without sleeves. Tighten bolts on bushings. Squish bushings. Control arms do not move freely, and they squawk when they move the tiniest bit. These bushings and this design is WORTHLESS.

-Bolts that screw into the steering rack (for he steering) keep coming loose. Thread locker, correct torque, and even too much torque won't hold them tight.

My outer heims took a dump too, although not that fast.
Old 09-29-2012, 08:59 PM   #84
I am the one who knocks
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyProof View Post
bushings without sleeves?!
Yeah. That's how allpro does it. At least lately they do. I know a few guys who have purchased it lately and it's just the same.
Old 09-29-2012, 09:08 PM   #85
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

That's weird..I have sleeves in my kit. Ill confirm tomorrow or Monday...
Old 09-29-2012, 09:11 PM   #86
I am the one who knocks

If your bushing are squishing out, and you've got those big black washer on either side of all the bushings, that's a bad sign.
Old 09-29-2012, 09:41 PM   #87
uscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: AMT3 kodiak 60T jayhawks
Name: coby
uscg2008's Tacoma Gallery
well done good sir... well done
Old 09-30-2012, 01:18 PM   #88
09blacktaco has a brilliant future09blacktaco has a brilliant future09blacktaco has a brilliant future09blacktaco has a brilliant future09blacktaco has a brilliant future09blacktaco has a brilliant future09blacktaco has a brilliant future09blacktaco has a brilliant future09blacktaco has a brilliant future09blacktaco has a brilliant future09blacktaco has a brilliant future
Coast Guard: BM
Name: Matt
09blacktaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Jamie,
Looks like all pro just forgot to include sleeves with your bushings. Mine came with sleeves.

Give them a call, I'm sure they will make it right.

I didn't get the hd steering due to complaints like this. My factory rods with the extensions have held up just fine.
Old 09-30-2012, 01:40 PM   #89
Power Top

i guess if you are not running inserts then no wonder your bushings are squishing out

thats just crazy!!!!!! if thats the case
Old 09-30-2012, 03:34 PM   #90
Mxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I'm pretty sure my kit was installed without sleeves, by AP. Bushings are squishing out.

I'm thinking I just need to take this kit off the truck and strip it down, repaint it, and replace all the bushings.
Old 09-30-2012, 05:27 PM   #91
I am the one who knocks

Ugh this grinds the crap out of my gears....(not literally).
Old 09-30-2012, 06:16 PM   #92
09blacktaco has a brilliant future09blacktaco has a brilliant future09blacktaco has a brilliant future09blacktaco has a brilliant future09blacktaco has a brilliant future09blacktaco has a brilliant future09blacktaco has a brilliant future09blacktaco has a brilliant future09blacktaco has a brilliant future09blacktaco has a brilliant future09blacktaco has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxpatriot View Post
I'm pretty sure my kit was installed without sleeves, by AP. Bushings are squishing out.

I'm thinking I just need to take this kit off the truck and strip it down, repaint it, and replace all the bushings.
I can understand something like this happening if you installed it yourself and you've never done suspension work before, but for a reputable company to install it incorrectly... man thats terrible .

Attention to detail! This is why I don't trust anyone to work on my stuff!

I've always been happy with All Pro, even when something gets forgotten or I got shipped the wrong product, they were quick to make it right.

Quote:
Ugh this grinds the crap out of my gears....(not literally).
Seriously, call AP up and get them to send you some sleeves, at this point you may want to ask for some new bushings as well.
Old 09-30-2012, 07:14 PM   #93

Thing is for me, kit has been on there for 2 years.

The uppers are sleeved. The lowers have squished bushings but i haven't dropped them yet to check.
Old 09-30-2012, 07:19 PM   #94
JoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Veteran
JoeTacoma02's Tacoma Gallery
I am curious to see the picture of the squished bushings. I don't have AP LT but that was my #1 choice if and when I were to go LT.
Old 09-30-2012, 07:34 PM   #95
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
What bushings/sleeves are we talking about? I know my tc uppers squeak like crazy
Old 10-01-2012, 06:23 AM   #97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahshiet View Post
09blacktaco how long have u had the lights mounted like that on the main hoop?
I had the red rings mounted on the hoop for a long time. Greater than 1 year. Took them off a short time ago in favor of a Rigid 30.

Old 10-01-2012, 09:34 AM   #99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahshiet View Post
Looks awesome! I have the same lights but didn't realize there was a small drain hole under the adjustment so water would get in
Yep, water will get in that hole. Especially when you mount them upside down like i did.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:40 PM   #100
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09blacktaco;5767927[IMG
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8180/7989422613_52b088dd27_b.jpg[/IMG]
Are those factory fenders? They look a little wider than mine in this pic. Any problems with rubbing now that you have the LT kit up front?