DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

Installing AP LT this weekend...have a question

Old 10-01-2012, 01:52 PM   #101
09blacktaco is a name known to all09blacktaco is a name known to all09blacktaco is a name known to all09blacktaco is a name known to all09blacktaco is a name known to all09blacktaco is a name known to all
Coast Guard: BM
Name: Matt
09blacktaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyT88 View Post
Are those factory fenders? They look a little wider than mine in this pic. Any problems with rubbing now that you have the LT kit up front?
Yep, factory fenders. I've trimmed the bottom half of the front flares and did a cab mount chop too. No rubbing what so ever.

Going to do something substantial to the flares once I regear and step up the 35's.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:36 PM   #102
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
Name: Brady
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
I'm surprised you don't rub! Any pics of the front tires stuffed?

I have 33's and I'm pretty sure that they would wreck my fenders if I widened the stance by 4". I need to do the cab mount chop and fold over my pinch welds. I rub on them occasionally.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:44 PM   #103
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
After I took my flares off i didn't rub with my 35's
Old 10-01-2012, 02:54 PM   #104
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyProof View Post
I've been debating doing that when I go to 35's or 36's, but can't decide. Don't really want to have the holes and not sure about my skill at filling them in. haha
Old 10-01-2012, 04:26 PM   #105
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
How?! My fender is smooshed up from rubbing my tire. I've got factory bumps though.
Old 10-01-2012, 04:26 PM   #106
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ultimately I got the allpro fenders in the front and took off the fenders in the back since they were ripping off anyways. I also pulled out the rear fenders as much as I can yank on them the help cover the rear tires. For sure you will need to do something with the fenders for any tire size above 33"
Old 10-01-2012, 04:30 PM   #107
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Ahh see you're cheating with glass
Old 10-01-2012, 04:33 PM   #108
Power Top

Even before I installed the fenders...only had em on for a few months now. Those fenders sat in my garage for well over a year before I finally got off my lazy ass
Old 10-01-2012, 04:37 PM   #109
Power Top

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
How?! My fender is smooshed up from rubbing my tire. I've got factory bumps though.
Self clearance FTW!

That's how its done son lol
Old 10-01-2012, 06:28 PM   #110
09blacktaco is a name known to all09blacktaco is a name known to all09blacktaco is a name known to all09blacktaco is a name known to all09blacktaco is a name known to all09blacktaco is a name known to all
Not fully compressed, but the best i could do.
Wheelers super bumps in the front and timbrens in the rear:

Old 10-01-2012, 06:38 PM   #111

Quote:
Self clearance FTW!

That's how its done son lol
Fuck that!!! haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09blacktaco View Post
Not fully compressed, but the best i could do.
Wheelers super bumps in the front and timbrens in the rear:

How much taller are those wheelers over factory? They must stop your wheels right before they hit the fenders because it certainly looks like your tires would smash right into the flares if they went any hire.

I think if I go this route I will just have to get fiberglass fenders I guess... 35's and LT would rape my fenders unless I put some tall bump stops on, which starts to defeat the purpose of LT. More money...
Old 10-02-2012, 05:08 AM   #112
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyT88 View Post
Fuck that!!! haha

How much taller are those wheelers over factory? They must stop your wheels right before they hit the fenders because it certainly looks like your tires would smash right into the flares if they went any hire.

I think if I go this route I will just have to get fiberglass fenders I guess... 35's and LT would rape my fenders unless I put some tall bump stops on, which starts to defeat the purpose of LT. More money...
They're 17's, stock I had the TRD offroad 16's. I'm going to work some magic on these flares once i step up to 35's. Pretty much have to!

Actually the Wheelers super bumps compress to factory size( ~1 inch), they just provide a little more cushion. Kinda like air bumps. Factory bump stops are rock hard. The Timbrens in the rear do the same, they compress down to about 1 inch.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:12 AM   #113
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
37's, no extended bumps, and fabbed inner fenders FTMFW
Old 10-02-2012, 07:33 AM   #114
Never take the bait
Jasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stop giving me nicknames
Jasmine's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
They're 17's, stock I had the TRD offroad 16's. I'm going to work some magic on these flares once i step up to 35's. Pretty much have to!

Actually the Wheelers super bumps compress to factory size( ~1 inch), they just provide a little more cushion. Kinda like air bumps. Factory bump stops are rock hard. The Timbrens in the rear do the same, they compress down to about 1 inch.
MonkeyProof had the timbrems in the back... They eat up a lot of travel.

You're definitely going to have to take a BFH to fit 35s!
Old 10-02-2012, 02:50 PM   #115
Motohead323 is on a distinguished road
Motohead323's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Cool deal. Yea they (Toyota) were aware of the boot replacement kit that comes with the different packs of grease, but the guy also told me that hes got a bulletin that says both types of grease are the same and it doesn't matter if you use the black on the outer and the brown on the inner or vise versa.

I was going to take the complete half shafts to Toyota or another shop to put the axles in, but after talking with the Toyota techs and some other shops tech area this area, I've come to the conclusion that no one knows how to do this procedure.

I'm planning on using this method to separate the axle shafts:
http://vimeo.com/3089355

Already purchased 2 new snap rings just in case they break.
Believe it or not, this method actually worked for me ! 5-10 whacks got it off (that's what she said). I was hitting it hard enough to deform the end of the pipe I had against the concrete. Only one of the clips was damaged, and I had replacements on order just in case. Thanks to this forum post I had the part #'s and a backup plan (sawing the things off and pressing them out) as well.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:17 AM   #116
Findus11 will become famous soon enoughFindus11 will become famous soon enough
Findus11's Tacoma Gallery
Truck looks sweeeet!!!!! I have all pro LT on my truck and just started going harder thanks to a defined engineering sua. My flares got fully ripped off by 265's
Old 05-13-2013, 09:31 AM   #117
thanks man, haha. Still have my stock flares on somehow. LOL. I rub on the top of the flare only at full compression.

35's, 4.88's and an ARB in the front this summer so im going to have to trim these flares for sure soon.
Old 06-15-2013, 09:38 PM   #118
AK 08TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK 08TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK 08TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK 08TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK 08TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK 08TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK 08TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK 08TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK 08TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK 08TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK 08TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kyle
AK 08TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Truck looks killer! those km2s are badass
Old 08-06-2013, 10:20 PM   #119
the beast06 is on a distinguished road
Name: Forrest
the beast06's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 6 inch pro comp lifted 06 tacoma on 33 how would I know what coilovers to put on truck if I still want a 6 inch lift and what is the biggest winch that will fit in the all pro offroad bumper you have because I'm getting that one for my truck
Old 08-07-2013, 05:49 AM   #120
Trusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant future

Name: Tony
Trusso24's Tacoma Gallery
Not many coilovers crank up to 6" with any success at least. Pro Comp and FABTECH are for the 6" lifts. I don't recommend it personally but you do what you gotta do. Search drop bracket lifts and all your dreams will come true