DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

Preventative Maintenance for Long Travel (Advice after going LT)

Old 02-24-2014, 10:29 PM   #61
Evenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
Evenflow's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjasper View Post
Anyone know what bearing that is?
Not sure of the brand but I was warned away from a similar solid bearing recently by a driveline shop. They said they are not good for daily driving, noises and transfer a lot vibes to the truck ? I would love to hear more first hand feedback if anyone is running them ?
Old 02-24-2014, 10:31 PM   #62
Dance Party Guru
Drakivnsf is a splendid one to beholdDrakivnsf is a splendid one to beholdDrakivnsf is a splendid one to beholdDrakivnsf is a splendid one to beholdDrakivnsf is a splendid one to beholdDrakivnsf is a splendid one to beholdDrakivnsf is a splendid one to behold

Drakivnsf's Tacoma Gallery
I understand, but trust me they are forged. You can do more research if you don't believe me. That's the entire reason the weld on gussets work so well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by username View Post
Casting is the process where metal is heated until molten. While in the molten or liquid state it is poured into a mold or vessel to create a desired shape.
Forging is the application of thermal and mechanical energy to steel billets or ingots to cause the material to change shape while in a solid state.

Sure looks like they are cast to me, but I've been wrong before. Today even.
Old 02-25-2014, 08:37 AM   #63
Fluffer
username is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: bullet sponge
username's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenflow View Post
Not sure of the brand but I was warned away from a similar solid bearing recently by a driveline shop. They said they are not good for daily driving, noises and transfer a lot vibes to the truck ? I would love to hear more first hand feedback if anyone is running them ?
Your driveline shop is right. I've had one for 50K miles or so without issue, but if you are a "princess and the pea" kind of person that has heart palpitations over tiny vibrations it is not for you. My truck has solid motor and trans mounts, heimed uppers, double beadlocks, etc so a minor vibe is not even noticed.
Old 10-10-2014, 03:26 AM   #64
Marnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
Marnes2986's Tacoma Gallery
Dont wait till the sheetmetal starts to crack and come apart......

Added this awhile ago...but here are some pics....the sheet metal upfront will not support your heavy battery for long if you are beating up your truck in the desert.

Before

After

Old 10-10-2014, 03:28 AM   #65
Marnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
Marnes2986's Tacoma Gallery
man sticky this shit.....people should know that the spending doesn't stop once they buy a Kit and shocks......wallet will never be the same again
Old 10-10-2014, 09:36 AM   #66
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marnes2986 View Post
man sticky this shit.....people should know that the spending doesn't stop once they buy a Kit and shocks......wallet will never be the same again
ain't that the truth!
Old 10-12-2014, 09:49 AM   #67
it's about the off-road miles
tacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Blang
tacokid09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Added this awhile ago...but here are some pics....the sheet metal upfront will not support your heavy battery for long if you are beating up your truck in the desert.
Mine got to the point where removing the core support was necessary. you could see in pictures that the entire front end of my truck was sagging.

soooooo if anyone else is having those issues dont be afraid to cut it all out. it took me and some friends to do it all in 2 days. Id say the hardest part was lining everything up so it looked straight.. everything else is pretty much straight forward.

Old 10-12-2014, 11:31 AM   #68
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
lembowski's Tacoma Gallery
Moving the battery helped out so much with tuning the front. Lot less springy.
Old 10-12-2014, 10:04 PM   #70
Mas Tequila!!!
JuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Juan
JuansTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL ROJO View Post
This is the next thing I'm doing. Hoping to have it done by glamis but ain't happening.
i also want to do this. do they sell relocation kits?
Old 10-12-2014, 10:19 PM   #71
CDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
CDSurfPhotography's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd lots of good info
Old 10-12-2014, 10:27 PM   #72
tacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuansTaco View Post
i also want to do this. do they sell relocation kits?
just get a battery tray from whoever, then just extend the stock wires with ground wire for a welder. you can buy a roll of it from any welding store usually.
Old 10-12-2014, 10:43 PM   #73
CDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
CDSurfPhotography's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lembowski View Post
Moving the battery helped out so much with tuning the front. Lot less springy.
Got a pic where you relocated your battery?
Old 10-13-2014, 12:38 PM   #74
Y2kbaja is on a distinguished road

Y2kbaja's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacokid09 View Post
Mine got to the point where removing the core support was necessary. you could see in pictures that the entire front end of my truck was sagging.

soooooo if anyone else is having those issues dont be afraid to cut it all out. it took me and some friends to do it all in 2 days. Id say the hardest part was lining everything up so it looked straight.. everything else is pretty much straight forward.

How did you mount the ac condenser since it's only hanging by clips on the core support? I replaced my core support with an aftermarket sheet metal. Gusseted the whole thing up before re-attaching.
Old 10-13-2014, 12:41 PM   #75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2kbaja View Post
How did you mount the ac condenser since it's only hanging by clips on the core support? I replaced my core support with an aftermarket sheet metal. Gusseted the whole thing up before re-attaching.
there is a square frame around the radiator that it bolts to along with tabs coming off the 1.75 tube that it rests on. you can barely see them in the first picture.
Old 10-13-2014, 12:49 PM   #76
tacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luis
tacomonazul's Tacoma Gallery
Subd
Old 10-13-2014, 12:50 PM   #77
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
I think the cam gusssets / laying a bead on the alignment cams is a must. I've flattened 3 and I'm on an OME suspension.
Old 10-13-2014, 02:13 PM   #79
tacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luis
tacomonazul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Before

After

Did you mount a breaker?
Old 10-13-2014, 06:00 PM   #80
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
lembowski's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDSurfPhotography View Post
Got a pic where you relocated your battery?