DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

Preventative Maintenance for Long Travel (Advice after going LT)

Old 02-24-2014, 09:29 PM   #61
Evenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
Evenflow's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjasper View Post
Anyone know what bearing that is?
Not sure of the brand but I was warned away from a similar solid bearing recently by a driveline shop. They said they are not good for daily driving, noises and transfer a lot vibes to the truck ? I would love to hear more first hand feedback if anyone is running them ?
Old 02-24-2014, 09:31 PM   #62
Dance Party Guru
Drakivnsf is a splendid one to beholdDrakivnsf is a splendid one to beholdDrakivnsf is a splendid one to beholdDrakivnsf is a splendid one to beholdDrakivnsf is a splendid one to beholdDrakivnsf is a splendid one to beholdDrakivnsf is a splendid one to behold

Drakivnsf's Tacoma Gallery
I understand, but trust me they are forged. You can do more research if you don't believe me. That's the entire reason the weld on gussets work so well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by username View Post
Casting is the process where metal is heated until molten. While in the molten or liquid state it is poured into a mold or vessel to create a desired shape.
Forging is the application of thermal and mechanical energy to steel billets or ingots to cause the material to change shape while in a solid state.

Sure looks like they are cast to me, but I've been wrong before. Today even.
Old 02-25-2014, 07:37 AM   #63
Fluffer
username is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: bullet sponge
username's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenflow View Post
Not sure of the brand but I was warned away from a similar solid bearing recently by a driveline shop. They said they are not good for daily driving, noises and transfer a lot vibes to the truck ? I would love to hear more first hand feedback if anyone is running them ?
Your driveline shop is right. I've had one for 50K miles or so without issue, but if you are a "princess and the pea" kind of person that has heart palpitations over tiny vibrations it is not for you. My truck has solid motor and trans mounts, heimed uppers, double beadlocks, etc so a minor vibe is not even noticed.