DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

Long Travel Biography

Old 07-02-2012, 04:30 PM   #41
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr250jumper View Post
Still looks like nobody has tuned their shocks
i've tuned my rear bypasses in pretty well, and i adjust depending on how much stuff I have in my bed that trip, but I havent tuned my front yet because Im just running a single rate coilover and it handles really well out-the-door from the shop.
Old 07-02-2012, 06:06 PM   #42
Professionull
battlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
battlescars's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
i've tuned my rear bypasses in pretty well, and i adjust depending on how much stuff I have in my bed that trip, but I havent tuned my front yet because Im just running a single rate coilover and it handles really well out-the-door from the shop.
You would shit your pants if you let us valve them for you. Night and day difference.
Old 07-02-2012, 06:28 PM   #43
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by battlescars View Post
You would shit your pants if you let us valve them for you. Night and day difference.
I'm game. My front shocks came "valved" from DSM but every truck is different once your done adding weight all over
Old 07-02-2012, 06:34 PM   #44
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Haha and thank you for posting in the other thread battlescars, I didnt realize your build was in here. I noticed you have a solid mounted motor too, you can vouch that a floppy motor can make a suspension feel weird too. I recently solid mounted mine and cannot believe the difference
Old 07-02-2012, 06:40 PM   #45
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Quote:
Do it! Im house trained tho
Old 07-02-2012, 06:52 PM   #46
Señor member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
Do it! Im house trained tho
Im rookie at valving so this is just speculating here, but I think he may have meant the opposite. You know all of the oh shit moments you've had in the desert?

When you dont valve your shocks you end up driving a little too fast. When you drive too fast you hit things harder than you want. When you hit things harder than you want you shit your pants. Dont shit your pants, get rid of stock and upgrade to better valving.

Brought to you by DIRECTV
Old 07-02-2012, 07:02 PM   #47
Professionull
battlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shed

battlescars's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
When you dont valve your shocks you end up driving a little too fast. When you drive too fast you hit things harder than you want. When you hit things harder than you want you shit your pants. Dont shit your pants, get rid of stock and upgrade to better valving.

Brought to you by DIRECTV
LOL that's fucking great.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:06 PM   #48
ɔoɯq
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paden
BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
wow JD
Old 07-02-2012, 08:43 PM   #49
TC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
TC yota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Who is 'us '?
Old 07-03-2012, 07:17 AM   #50
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
lembowski's Tacoma Gallery
Truck w/ Mileage- 2009 Tacoma Access Cab V6 4.0 54,xxxx mi
Front Suspension- Built Right Fab
Front Shocks- King Remote Resi 2.5x8" w/ OEM Top Mount, King 2.5x8" 3 Tube Bypass Shock
Rear Suspension- Built Right Fab rear shock towers, Custom frame bumps back, Deaver E30 Pack, 11" Built Right Shackles
Rear Shocks- 16" King 2.5" Triple Bypasses
Front Spring Rate- 600lb
Front Valving- 12/15 compression, 12 rebound
Front Bypass Settings- King Default
Rear Valving- 12/15 compression, 8 rebound
Rear Bypass Settings- Tubes 3/4 in on both compression tubes
Front Fenders- Glassworks 4" Flare 3" Rise
Rear Bedsides- Glassworks 4.5" Flare 3" Rise
Front Track Width- Haven't measured
Rear Track Width- Haven't measured
Wheels- Method Racing Standard
Tires- General Grabber 285/75-16
Engine Modifications- Flowmaster Catback
Drivetrain Modifications- Driveshaft shortened with slip yoke, BORA 1.5" Wheel Spacers in Rear
Gussetting- Cam Tabs, Spindles, Shock Towers, Rear Frame Boxed and wrapped.
Additional Specs-
Additional Modifications- Truck Shop Bumper Front & Rear Soon, Three Kragen 7" HIDs, 22" LED combo bar

Estimated Investment After Truck Purchase- <> $18K

Old 07-03-2012, 08:07 AM   #51
gatz25 is on a distinguished road
gatz25's Tacoma Gallery
Hey man first off I wanna say the trucks bad ass, I have one that looks close to it anf I am wondering how you keep your bed sides looking so good I have rock chips up the ass
Old 07-03-2012, 08:12 AM   #52
Señor member

You take pics from far away lol. With wider suspension up front and flared rear fenders they are going to chip, you can get better paint to resist chipping longer but its going to chip eventually
Old 07-03-2012, 08:22 AM   #53
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
just be a boss like tyler and leave your glass at home

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeeFV...layer_embedded
Old 07-03-2012, 09:07 AM   #54
TC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
TC yota's Tacoma Gallery
that was the first trip out with the new front end I made, I didn't have time to mount glass. I literally finished the day before Halloween haha
Old 07-03-2012, 11:53 AM   #55
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

amaes's Tacoma Gallery
You guys know that Fox has your valving stamped to the dust cap if you bought them new right? and King normally sends a little tag with the valving specs on it. DSM does as well.

I'll fill mine out after lunch I need to measure track width.
Old 07-03-2012, 03:50 PM   #56
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Truck w/ Mileage- 2000 Access Cab 4x4 152,xxx
Front Suspension- Total Chaos Long Travel Kit
Front Shocks- King Remote Resi 2.5x8"
Rear Suspension- Custom Deaver f67 pack with 12" TC shackles and all TC mounting hardware. Full bedcage
Rear Shocks- Fox 18" 2.5 Triple Bypasses
Front Spring Rate- 600lb Eibach Springs
Front Valving- 12,12,F,20’s on compression, 12’s on rebound Per King, Total Chaos and DSM advice. Lucas Synthetic shock Oil
Front Bypass Settings- N/A
Rear Valving- 3.1 / 70 per Fox and Karteks formula with the weight and setup I'm running.
Rear Bypass Settings- Need to be tuned more. Rebound all the way open then half tun in. Compression tube 1 about 2cm of thread and compression tube 2 1.5cm of thread.
Front Fenders- Glassworks 4.5" Flare
Rear Bedsides- Glassworks 6" flat tops
Front Track Width- 79""
Rear Track Width- 76"
Wheels- KMC Enduro 15x7 4.5BS
Tires- 32x11.5x15 BFG KM2s
Engine Modifications- TRD Supercharger, URD 6 injector kit with piggy back ECU, Warbro fuel pump, URD S/C pulley 10lbs of max boost
Drivetrain Modifications- Altered Pinion Angle, HD flange out of the TCase
Gusseting- Some basic gusseting but could add some more
Additional Specs- Strapped Front at 13" from full droop, Strapped Rear 17.5" @ full droop. Inner CVs joints out of a Tundra to allow for more travel and Porsche 930 Bates style CV boots on the Inners. (3) 33w flood HIDs with amber covers on bumper. (5) spot beam 55w HIDs on a fold down fully adjustable light rack. Cup holder bedsides and bottle opener in bed. Large tool box mounted to bed.

Estimated Investment After Truck Purchase- <> $6K
Old 07-03-2012, 08:38 PM   #57
gatz25 is on a distinguished road
gatz25's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You take pics from far away lol. With wider suspension up front and flared rear fenders they are going to chip, you can get better paint to resist chipping longer but its going to chip eventually
Ya I guess they look good from far away, this is my first lt truck so there are things to get used to I guess.
Attached Thumbnails
Long Travel Biography-100_1258.jpg   Long Travel Biography-100_1257.jpg  
Old 07-03-2012, 08:41 PM   #58
Sunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatz25 View Post
Ya I guess they look good from far away, this is my first lt truck so there are things to get used to I guess.
You gotta do something with that bumper man, not the best look IMO, if you like it then great.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:42 PM   #59
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
lembowski's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunner View Post
You gotta do something with that bumper man, not the best look IMO, if you like it then great.
Looks good to me, just needs to be black...
Old 07-03-2012, 08:43 PM   #60
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunner View Post
i agree. too vertical and too blue