DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

Long Travel Biography

Old 07-19-2013, 02:22 PM   #101
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tostidos View Post
I May just stay a panda for ever.
You can get color matched cans of spray paint that are pretty close too, at least close enough for a desert truck. My rear bedsides are Krylon but I do want to at least get a paint shop to make some cans a little closer, the color I used is pretty flat
Old 07-19-2013, 02:40 PM   #102
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr250jumper View Post
You can get color matched cans of spray paint that are pretty close too, at least close enough for a desert truck. My rear bedsides are Krylon but I do want to at least get a paint shop to make some cans a little closer, the color I used is pretty flat
Found some dupli-color that some people are using at autozone. I will have to try it out. 7.50 a can for a relatively small can.

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/acc...entifier=59976

I guess ill try it out.
Old 07-19-2013, 03:25 PM   #103
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
lembowski's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Found some dupli-color that some people are using at autozone. I will have to try it out. 7.50 a can for a relatively small can.

I guess ill try it out.
I've bought a few cans from O'Reilly's and it's pretty close. Not perfect but like JD said good enough. But I had a friend do mine for just paint cost.
Old 07-19-2013, 03:35 PM   #104
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I guess ill try it out.
Check out auto body paint stores when you get back. I buy mine from a place called Space Age Auto Paint and they mix their own colors and put into full size spray cans for $5-10 depending on the type of paint. You can color match anything from a brand new to old muscle car paints, they have it all stored
Old 07-19-2013, 03:42 PM   #105
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Check out auto body paint stores when you get back. I buy mine from a place called Space Age Auto Paint and they mix their own colors and put into full size spray cans for $5-10 depending on the type of paint. You can color match anything from a brand new to old muscle car paints, they have it all stored
That sounds pretty good too. Ill have to check it out!
Old 07-19-2013, 04:54 PM   #106
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
That sounds pretty good too. Ill have to check it out!
As much $$$$ your spending on the build, isn't it a drop in the bucket to make it look good? Just have them take it to a shop at paint it while you are away lol.
Old 07-19-2013, 05:00 PM   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by lembowski View Post
As much $$$$ your spending on the build, isn't it a drop in the bucket to make it look good? Just have them take it to a shop at paint it while you are away lol.
Haha. My paint fund was taken up by a one piece clip and over buying shocks lol.

Oh and not to mention I have to buy a DD now.
Old 07-19-2013, 05:03 PM   #108
Rompin Around

Quote:
Haha. My paint fund was taken up by a one piece clip and over buying shocks lol.

Oh and not to mention I have to buy a DD now.
Shouldn't cost more than $1000 to colormatch the clip and bedsides.

I thought you offroaded all the way to work
Old 07-19-2013, 05:07 PM   #109

Quote:
Shouldn't cost more than $1000 to colormatch the clip and bedsides.

I thought you offroaded all the way to work
$1000 is way more than I want to pay for paint. Id rather keep that tucked away for an engine swap. or a light bar or other more functional items lol

I do offroad all the way to work. But i need a truck or the bed and this time i wont cut the bed off. HAHA.
Old 07-19-2013, 05:18 PM   #110
Rompin Around

Ok, well......spray paint the cab white and deal with it lol
Old 07-19-2013, 05:28 PM   #111

Quote:
Ok, well......spray paint the cab white and deal with it lol
This has definitely crossed my mind lol.
Old 07-19-2013, 07:36 PM   #112
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No gussets, suuuuure
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTFtacoma View Post
hahahaha I'll update soon

He doesnt have gussets, He's got Hecka gussets
Old 07-22-2013, 03:11 AM   #113
J Prich is on a distinguished road

Air Force:
Name: Jason
J Prich's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
out of curiosity how much did it cost for the wrap? im debating changing colors and paint is expensive! You can PM me if you dont want it public.
A wrap will be the same as or more than paint. If I didnt have a race truck and a hook up I wouldn't do a wrap. You can do some amazing things with wraps and they are great if you're looking for a mutli color/design gig. For solid color though paint is your best bet.

If you haven't looked in to it, I'd recommend considering plasti dip as a cheaper than paint alternative as well. Plenty of Google info on it and I know a guy who just recently sprayed his truck and could probably share some experience and info with you if you went that route. Definitely cheaper than $1000 and arguably more durable as well.
Old 08-29-2013, 07:24 AM   #114
Rompin Around

Bump
Old 08-29-2013, 10:22 AM   #115
You say tomato..........I say fuck you!
05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05TacoRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Long Travel Biography

Figured I would finally add my truck to the list.

Truck w/ Mileage- 2005 Double cab long bed 124000mi
Front Suspension- Total Chaos Long Travel Kit, Allied Motorsports 4" lift spindles
Front Shocks-Fox remote resivoiur coil overs
Rear Suspension- Dmz Spring under
Rear Shocks- 16" Fox Double Bypass
Front Spring Rate- 500lb
Front Valving-
Compression
1.8 x .008
1.6 x .006
.8 x .010
1.4 x.008
.8 x .010
1.8 x .015
1.6 x .015
1.42 x .015
1.35 x .015
1.1 x .015

Rebound
.8 x .012
.95 x .012
1.1 x .012
1.35 x .012
1.42 x .012
1.6 x .012

Front Bypass Settings- N/A
Rear Valving-
Compression
3x) 1.8 x .015
2x) 1.6 x .015
1.42 x .015
1.35 x .015
1.1 x .015
.95 x .015
.8 x .20

Rebound
.8 x .008
.95 x .008
1.1 x .008
1.35 x .008
1.42 x .008
1.6 x .008
Rear Bypass Settings-
Compression 6 full turns in
Rebound all the way open
Front Fenders- Glassworks 4.5" Flare
Rear Bedsides- Glassworks 4.5" Flare
Front Track Width- 88 out side to outside
Rear Track Width- Never measured
Wheels- Stock Tundra wheels 17x7.5 4.5BS
Tires- Bfg All Terains 315/70/17
Engine Modifications- Afe Stage 2si Intake, Urd Maf calibrator, Spintech muffler replacing stock.
Drivetrain Modifications- Regeared to 4.88, powertrax locker
Gussetting- Frame boxed from gas tank back. Stock hitch moved into frame
Additional Specs- 3 lightforce 9" 240 blitz hids on the front.
Additional Modifications-Front bumper, rear bumper, and bed cage all built from 1 3/4 .120 wall tube.
I'm not a picture taker so here is what I have on my phone.

Old 08-29-2013, 01:52 PM   #116
precoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: corey
precoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05TacoRunner View Post
Figured I would finally add my truck to the list.

Truck w/ Mileage- 2005 Double cab long bed 124000mi
Front Suspension- Total Chaos Long Travel Kit
Front Shocks-Fox remote resivoiur coil overs
Rear Suspension- Dmz Spring under
Rear Shocks- 16" Fox Double Bypass
Front Spring Rate- 500lb
Front Valving-
Compression
1.8 x .008
1.6 x .006
.8 x .010
1.4 x.008
.8 x .010
1.8 x .015
1.6 x .015
1.42 x .015
1.35 x .015
1.1 x .015

Rebound
.8 x .012
.95 x .012
1.1 x .012
1.35 x .012
1.42 x .012
1.6 x .012

Front Bypass Settings- N/A
Rear Valving-
Compression
3x) 1.8 x .015
2x) 1.6 x .015
1.42 x .015
1.35 x .015
1.1 x .015
.95 x .015
.8 x .20

Rebound
.8 x .008
.95 x .008
1.1 x .008
1.35 x .008
1.42 x .008
1.6 x .008
Rear Bypass Settings-
Compression 6 full turns in
Rebound all the way open
Front Fenders- Glassworks 4.5" Flare
Rear Bedsides- Glassworks 4.5" Flare
Front Track Width- 88 out side to outside
Rear Track Width- Never measured
Wheels- Stock Tundra wheels 17x7.5 4.5BS
Tires- Bfg All Terains 315/70/17
Engine Modifications- Afe Stage 2si Intake, Urd Maf calibrator, Spintech muffler replacing stock.
Drivetrain Modifications- Regeared to 4.88
Gussetting- Frame boxed from gas tank back. Stock hitch moved into frame
Additional Specs- 3 lightforce 9" 240 blitz hids on the front.
Additional Modifications-Front bumper, rear bumper, and bed cage all built from 1 3/4 .120 wall tube.
I'm not a picture taker so here is what I have on my phone.

Are you 4x4 ?
Old 08-29-2013, 01:55 PM   #117
05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by precoma View Post
Are you 4x4 ?
No sir
Old 08-29-2013, 01:57 PM   #118
precoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: corey
precoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05TacoRunner View Post
No sir
Ahhh nice truck man. I couldent tell if in the muddy pic if it was cause your 4wd or just the front tires being so far out the fender haha
Old 08-29-2013, 02:04 PM   #119

Thanks man it has come along way. 4wd would just get me into more unnecessary trouble. Truck goes everywhere I want it to and more.
Old 08-29-2013, 02:12 PM   #120
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
That white truck is pretty sexy