DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

Four Linked with fuel cell, now check engine???

Old 02-25-2012, 09:33 AM   #1
Dirtdevil is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
Dirtdevil's Tacoma Gallery
Four Linked with fuel cell, now check engine???

I took out stock gas tank and components and put in a fuel cell.
Check engine code is saying something about not having the evap or charcoal can. Anyone know how to bypass this to turn off check engine?
Old 02-25-2012, 09:00 PM   #2
The Primeministah
ItsHerTruck is a jewel in the roughItsHerTruck is a jewel in the roughItsHerTruck is a jewel in the roughItsHerTruck is a jewel in the rough
Name: Alex
ItsHerTruck's Tacoma Gallery
I can't help exactly But, you need to put resistors for the sensors wires to give the ecu the right reading.... I don't Know the components resistance so im not sure of what size resistor. Maybe a service manual would have the info .... Or if you have a multi meter you can read the ohms of the stock components then replicate with the right size resistors...

Uhhhh I hope that helps..LOL Good luck...If not.. Electrical tape over the light..LOL
Old 02-25-2012, 09:01 PM   #3
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I want to see this truck.
Old 02-25-2012, 09:06 PM   #4
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04LTtacoma View Post
I want to see this truck.
x2!
Old 02-25-2012, 09:19 PM   #5
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Old 02-25-2012, 09:23 PM   #6
Rmesa1 is just really niceRmesa1 is just really niceRmesa1 is just really niceRmesa1 is just really nice
Rmesa1's Tacoma Gallery
reinstall the canister and purge valve plug off all lines that go from the canister to the tank. The ecu will run the monitor and test the canister only. As long as no leaks are present in the canister it should pass and not turn on the check engine light .
Old 02-25-2012, 09:43 PM   #8

^ I know I want to see this guys truck!
Old 02-26-2012, 12:07 PM   #9
ocherp has much to be proud ofocherp has much to be proud ofocherp has much to be proud ofocherp has much to be proud ofocherp has much to be proud ofocherp has much to be proud ofocherp has much to be proud ofocherp has much to be proud ofocherp has much to be proud of
Army: Infantry
ocherp's Tacoma Gallery
[/QUOTE] Electrical tape over the light..LOL[/QUOTE]

Same thing I was going to say, lol I just left my check engine light on and ignored it. When I get around to re-doing the cab, the engine check light will eventually get taken care of
Old 02-27-2012, 12:34 PM   #10
All right thanks for the input guys. I just need it off to pass smog. And i uplaoded some pics for you guys, hope you like em.
Old 02-27-2012, 12:45 PM   #12
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
I have the same issue, either reinstall the charcoal system or stick a piece of tape over the CEL.

Mine is just on
Old 02-27-2012, 12:54 PM   #13
Old 02-27-2012, 01:51 PM   #15
ocherp has much to be proud ofocherp has much to be proud ofocherp has much to be proud ofocherp has much to be proud ofocherp has much to be proud ofocherp has much to be proud ofocherp has much to be proud ofocherp has much to be proud ofocherp has much to be proud of
Army: Infantry
ocherp's Tacoma Gallery
Don't quote me on it, but I'm pretty sure you won't be able to pass smog with a fuel cell, someone with more info will hopefully shed more light on the issue.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:53 PM   #16
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Depends on the state. Here in NJ as long as the CEL is off, you're good.

My charcoal canister is sitting in the garage so I can reinstall when it's time to get the Tacoma back on the road.
Old 02-27-2012, 03:55 PM   #17
Ya im in Cali, ill have to pay someone a little extra to pass me on the visual but from my understanding they cant pass it with a check engine light on. It shows up in the computer. I might just have to reinstall the charcoal can for the test and then take it back off. I was just hoping there was an easier way to bypass it. Maybe with a resistor like ItsHerTruck said.
Old 02-28-2012, 02:26 PM   #18
Rmesa1 is just really niceRmesa1 is just really niceRmesa1 is just really niceRmesa1 is just really nice
Rmesa1's Tacoma Gallery
On a the evap system in our trucks resistors won't work the computer needs to see the pressure changes in. the canister and tank to pass the monitor
Old 03-03-2012, 12:52 AM   #19
Professionull
battlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
battlescars's Tacoma Gallery
Try plugging in the connector to the sensor of the canister and just doing a loop back with the hoses.

Or

Just do what I do and ratchet strap the stock tank on with all the crap and get it to pass.
Old 03-04-2012, 12:11 PM   #20
Tried the hose loop that didn't work. Don't want to strap the whole thing back in. There's got to be a way to trick the sensor. How has no one figured this out yet? I think it just needs to sense pressure some how.