Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

McNeil Fiberglass?

Old 02-26-2012, 11:20 AM   #1
way2fast is on a distinguished road

Name: Ethan
way2fast's Tacoma Gallery
McNeil Fiberglass?

Is anyone on here running McNeil glass fenders or bedsides? Are they good quality, line up good, etc? I've been having a hard time finding anyone that has ran them personally and im trying to get an idea before i make a decision on what i want.
Old 02-26-2012, 11:31 PM   #3
Tacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Tacorunner87's Tacoma Gallery
Mcneil glass is basically the same as fiberwerx I would not be surprised if they are made in the same factory.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:44 AM   #4
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
DTFtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Same family
Old 02-27-2012, 11:47 AM   #5
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacorunner87 View Post
Mcneil glass is basically the same as fiberwerx I would not be surprised if they are made in the same factory.
Different production lines, same block/street in Mexico.

My buddy is family friends with McNeil and Fiberwerx copies all their glass.

McNeil is better quality, hell anything is better quality than fiberwerx
Old 02-27-2012, 11:54 AM   #6
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) veteran.
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Probably because McNeil is out of business.

He works at Fiberwerx now, and I'm told he just sells the remaining McNeil fiberglass out of his garage.

I met him in December actually.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:55 AM   #7
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Saw McNeil out at the Swap meet, looked pretty In-Business to me
Old 02-27-2012, 01:14 PM   #8
A.I.I.Raciing is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.I.I.Raciing is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.I.I.Raciing is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.I.I.Raciing is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.I.I.Raciing is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.I.I.Raciing is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.I.I.Raciing is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.I.I.Raciing is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.I.I.Raciing is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.I.I.Raciing is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.I.I.Raciing is one of the sharper tools in the shed
A.I.I.Raciing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
Different production lines, same block/street in Mexico.

My buddy is family friends with McNeil and Fiberwerx copies all their glass.

McNeil is better quality, hell anything is better quality than fiberwerx
I actually think its the other way around. All the glass I have for my Sport Trac(fiberwerx) is nice and thick, the quality is top notch. Just wish Jason would work with me on building custom bedside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjboutin View Post
Probably because McNeil is out of business.

He works at Fiberwerx now, and I'm told he just sells the remaining McNeil fiberglass out of his garage.

I met him in December actually.
That rumor's been going around for 4-5 months now, so I asked Mark back in November and he said its not true and there's no fucking way his dad would work with or for Jason
Old 02-27-2012, 02:38 PM   #9
Tacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I talked to Perry Mcneil own of Mcneil racing and perry fab n fiber for a good 30-45mins on Saturday. He is still running strong.

I wonder if Perry Mcneil is related to Jason Mcneil the owner of fiberwerx?
Old 02-27-2012, 03:13 PM   #10
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
Mcneil keeps coming up with ugly ass raptor conversions for all years of rangers and f-150's... so yeah, they're still in the game for sure

they had a big ass booth at the expo back in october. talked to the dudes about glass and they were really cool, polite and helpful. their glass quality looked really nice too.

fiberwerx was the complete opposite... if i were a monkey i'd def throw my own shit at those guys
Old 02-27-2012, 03:20 PM   #11
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
fiberwerx was the complete opposite... if i were a monkey i'd def throw my own shit at those guys
Old 03-02-2012, 06:21 PM   #12
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) veteran.
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.I.I.Raciing View Post
I actually think its the other way around. All the glass I have for my Sport Trac(fiberwerx) is nice and thick, the quality is top notch. Just wish Jason would work with me on building custom bedside.

That rumor's been going around for 4-5 months now, so I asked Mark back in November and he said its not true and there's no fucking way his dad would work with or for Jason
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
Mcneil keeps coming up with ugly ass raptor conversions for all years of rangers and f-150's... so yeah, they're still in the game for sure

they had a big ass booth at the expo back in october. talked to the dudes about glass and they were really cool, polite and helpful. their glass quality looked really nice too.

I met him when I was getting work done at Loftis, he stopped by to drop off Tundra fenders that night. This was a week before Christmas.

Like I said, that's what I was told, so I dunno. Maybe not.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:36 PM   #13
El Pitufo
Marioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marioso's Tacoma Gallery
The uncle and nephew are on the same lot in mexico but they're two completely different companies.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:18 PM   #14
Professionull
battlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
battlescars's Tacoma Gallery
I have a Chad McNeil 1-clip tundra conversion. It was one of the first newer style clips with louvers that he had done. Looked great until I destroyed it when I did a front flip.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:20 PM   #15
Professionull
battlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Old 03-08-2012, 11:38 PM   #16
ironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud of

Name: Jonathan
ironman_jon's Tacoma Gallery
My buddies shop here in yuma is going to be selling Mcneil fiberglass. I'm checking on here before making a decision
Old 03-09-2012, 02:50 PM   #17
Professionull

McNeil is legit, they're a big family and have been selling products for a long time.
Old 03-12-2012, 02:21 PM   #18
NoHair is on a distinguished road
NoHair's Tacoma Gallery
I bought my fenders from McNeil and they were great to deal with, even with the shipping to Oregon involved.
Old 03-14-2012, 06:03 PM   #19
NoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
NoSoup4You's Tacoma Gallery
I called McNeil today re: some front fenders for my 2nd gen .. Mike said install was bolt-on with no fitting required.. Is that so?
Old 03-14-2012, 07:06 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSoup4You View Post
I called McNeil today re: some front fenders for my 2nd gen .. Mike said install was bolt-on with no fitting required.. Is that so?
I doubt it unless they are trimming the the glass themselves. Usually they reinforce the glass in certain areas so that when popping it from the mold it don't break in those areas. So trimming is usually required.