DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

WTB glass fenders & bedsides

Old 02-29-2012, 11:53 AM   #1
StatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud of

Name: Joey
StatutoryAPE's Tacoma Gallery
WTB glass fenders & bedsides

I live in az, been looking for fenders and bedsides since i got my tax return. I looked on glassworks site and did the shipping calculator and it came out to about $415 for everything. Should i get them this way? How long is the wait time after the order is placed? Are any of the other companys gunna be able to make/ship faster? Should i try ordering through SDHQ?

Everytime i see fenders fs on here or DR or ttora, there always in cali and nobody wants to ship! its a PITA. Also been looking on CL and i see some every so often but they get snatched up so fast.

Anyway, please friends, shine some light on this topic.
Old 02-29-2012, 11:56 AM   #2
Cuz Stock Sucks!
SDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SDHQ OFFROAD's Tacoma Gallery
Almost all glass is made after the order has been placed with a few exceptions, its difficult to keep an inventory on oversized products at most places.

We would be happy to help you out but there would still be a shipping charge since we have to have them shipped from Cali as well.

$415 was probably the price for the front fenders only tho.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:35 PM   #3
StatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDHQ OFFROAD View Post
Almost all glass is made after the order has been placed with a few exceptions, its difficult to keep an inventory on oversized products at most places.

We would be happy to help you out but there would still be a shipping charge since we have to have them shipped from Cali as well.

$415 was probably the price for the front fenders only tho.
i used their shipping calculator. I adding both products to the cart then clicked calculate shipping and thats what they gave me
Old 02-29-2012, 12:40 PM   #4
Cuz Stock Sucks!
SDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SDHQ OFFROAD's Tacoma Gallery
Oh $415 in shipping, PM me. We prefer Fiberwerx over Glassworks tho.
Old 03-12-2012, 01:56 PM   #5

well just ordered 4.5 fiberwerx fenders and bedsides from sdhq. anybody willing to help me install when i get them?
Old 03-13-2012, 12:13 AM   #6

i know theres a few guys in az that have done it...
Old 03-13-2012, 08:51 AM   #7
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
install is pretty easy... beer makes it easier.

if you can have another person there, extra hands help out when trying to line stuff up and drill the holes. bedsides take a bit longer and you're going to need some sort of lower supports coming off the frame to prevent the bedside from flopping around.

this article will help

http://www.trailslesstraveled.com/ar...ers--bedsides/

here are the lower supports mounted to the frame...

Old 03-13-2012, 12:07 PM   #8

cool, thanks matt
Old 03-13-2012, 12:10 PM   #9
Supermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Landon
Supermoto's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
install is pretty easy... beer makes it easier.
x1000, beer is a must! if not you will get to frustrated trying to make it perfect, its fiber glass, it will never be perfect.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:12 PM   #10
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by StatutoryAPE View Post
well just ordered 4.5 fiberwerx fenders and bedsides from sdhq. anybody willing to help me install when i get them?
pm me ill help out!

Quote:
i know theres a few guys in az that have done it...
Old 03-13-2012, 12:12 PM   #11
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermoto View Post
x1000, beer is a must! if not you will get to frustrated trying to make it perfect, its fiber glass, it will never be perfect.
after a few beers all you care about is getting the things on so you can go do the Mrs.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:18 PM   #12
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
Name: Andy
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
after a few beers all you care about is getting the things on so you can go do the Mrs.
Old 03-13-2012, 05:18 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
pm me ill help out!
will do bro, as soon as i get my hands on them
Old 03-13-2012, 05:26 PM   #14
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
The hardest part is getting the corner lights and tail lights to fit right and stay in. Its also a little scary taking a grinder to a perfectly good bedside, but after the initial plunge its kinda fun
Old 03-13-2012, 07:01 PM   #15
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

My corner lights dont coming out unless I want them to

Old 03-14-2012, 12:46 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr250jumper View Post
The hardest part is getting the corner lights and tail lights to fit right and stay in. Its also a little scary taking a grinder to a perfectly good bedside, but after the initial plunge its kinda fun
u should help out too since u got fab skillz. did u make some braces for your bedsides?
Old 03-14-2012, 08:01 AM   #17
Señor member

Quote:
u should help out too since u got fab skillz. did u make some braces for your bedsides?
Yeah I bent the shit out of the stock front brace and made it work. The rear brace I did have to make, but I mounted them off the bottom of the bed instead of the frame so I could pull the bed all in one piece. I am down to help out if you need
Old 03-14-2012, 08:06 AM   #18
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I live in az, been looking for fenders and bedsides since i got my tax return. I looked on glassworks site and did the shipping calculator and it came out to about $415 for everything. Should i get them this way? How long is the wait time after the order is placed? Are any of the other companys gunna be able to make/ship faster? Should i try ordering through SDHQ?

Everytime i see fenders fs on here or DR or ttora, there always in cali and nobody wants to ship! its a PITA. Also been looking on CL and i see some every so often but they get snatched up so fast.

Anyway, please friends, shine some light on this topic.
From my personallexperience, don't order directly from Glassworks. Either go through a vendor or go somewhere else.

I placed my order for front fenders only from Glassworks at the end of February. After struggling for weeks just to get a returned phone call about the status of my order, lame excuses and failed promises, I gave Hannemann glass a call at 1:30pm and he shipped same day!

I absolutley love the fenders on my 1999, they are a great product and cheaper than Glassworks.
Old 03-14-2012, 01:30 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirginiaBound View Post
From my personallexperience, don't order directly from Glassworks. Either go through a vendor or go somewhere else.

I placed my order for front fenders only from Glassworks at the end of February. After struggling for weeks just to get a returned phone call about the status of my order, lame excuses and failed promises, I gave Hannemann glass a call at 1:30pm and he shipped same day!

I absolutley love the fenders on my 1999, they are a great product and cheaper than Glassworks.
good deal man, i was wondering what brand you had. i already put my order in for some fiberwerx, the price was right and SDHQ spoke highly of their product.

you plan on doing a tube front bumper?
Old 03-14-2012, 02:44 PM   #20
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Eventually. My stock bumper really fits well with the fenders in person. I hacked the sides off and doesn't look too far out of place. I'm really looking at some mid-travel stuff and rear bedsides as my next move.