DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

Resi Mount Question.

Old 03-07-2012, 04:46 PM   #1
ironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud of

Name: Jonathan
ironman_jon's Tacoma Gallery
Resi Mount Question.

Got a question for you 1st gen guys.

Is this guy going to have an issue with the resi being mounted where he has it. It look like the UCA is going to come down and hit the hose to me.

Old 03-07-2012, 04:57 PM   #2
tc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nik
tc98tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like it should clear and if it was mounted in the front it looks like his chances of hitting it would be worse
Old 03-07-2012, 04:59 PM   #3
Max's Canadian Twin
theduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
theduck911's Tacoma Gallery
Most people mount them in the front. Looks like he's got the hoses rotated 45degrees but on the wrong sides of the truck

I guess as long as the tire doesn't hit at full lock/bump they'd be fine
Old 03-07-2012, 05:05 PM   #4
Mega Member
Anteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
Name: Andrew
Anteupp's Tacoma Gallery
cycle the suspension and find out!
Old 03-07-2012, 05:54 PM   #5
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
why is the upper uni so maxed out a ride height? not a lot of preload...
Old 03-07-2012, 07:43 PM   #6
ironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud of

i dont know what he is thinking i told him i didnt think it looked right judging buy the pictures ive seen on here. His response was that he "liked to be different", not only that a fabricator told him to mount it in the back.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:46 PM   #7
Max's Canadian Twin
theduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
theduck911's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post

Judging by how high the front end is I'm assuming it's on a jack? Otherwise that's ridiculously high, reminds me of Bmiller's truck
Old 03-07-2012, 07:47 PM   #8
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

he's def "being different" with those ugly ass wheels
Old 03-07-2012, 07:47 PM   #9
Phuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
Phuket's Tacoma Gallery
i don't have LT but thats where my tires rub the frame. Depending on his kit that shouldn't be an issue right?
Old 03-07-2012, 07:48 PM   #10

i dont see a jack or a handle in the first pic and i'm assuming the 2nd pic is just a close up of the first...

it's almost like he stuffed a 10" in there to max out the uni like that...
Old 03-07-2012, 07:48 PM   #11
Chewie is my Co-pilot
YumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
YumaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
might be an upside down coilover mount thing-of-majigger.

Stubber know it alls from Yuma
Old 03-07-2012, 07:52 PM   #12
Toyota Its Like A Jeep Thing Only Better
Socalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Socalrunner's Tacoma Gallery
I was told not to mount my resis there. Even if it clears while he is at speed his tires are going to through rocks and shit when he turns. ON a side note he can just switch them from side to side to change the position of the 45 degree so it points forward.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:53 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socalrunner View Post
I was told not to mount my resis there. Even if it clears while he is at speed his tires are going to through rocks and shit when he turns. ON a side note he can just switch them from side to side to change the position of the 45 degree so it points forward.
that's what i was thinking... dude just bolted the CO on the wrong sides...
Old 03-07-2012, 07:57 PM   #14

Im in no way shape or form trying to bag on the guys truck just trying to get some info from the guys who have experiance in the department. But i think the resi need to be in the front. he said he was worried about rocks hitting the resi and or geting in a fender bender and them getting jacked up.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:06 PM   #15
Chewie is my Co-pilot
YumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
YumaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I think his coilover top plate is upside down. He should remove the shocks and switch the driver and passenger side around so the Resi's are infront of the wheel well. Then install the top plate correctly. The upside down top plate is acting as a spacer lift.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:58 PM   #16
03aztaco has a brilliant future03aztaco has a brilliant future03aztaco has a brilliant future03aztaco has a brilliant future03aztaco has a brilliant future03aztaco has a brilliant future03aztaco has a brilliant future03aztaco has a brilliant future03aztaco has a brilliant future03aztaco has a brilliant future03aztaco has a brilliant future

Name: adam
03aztaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman_jon View Post
Got a question for you 1st gen guys.

Is this guy going to have an issue with the resi being mounted where he has it. It look like the UCA is going to come down and hit the hose to me.

whats up with that 90 being so fare from the bolt i have the same kit with kings and its way diffrnt like an adapt plate or somthing
Old 03-07-2012, 09:03 PM   #17
03aztaco has a brilliant future03aztaco has a brilliant future03aztaco has a brilliant future03aztaco has a brilliant future03aztaco has a brilliant future03aztaco has a brilliant future03aztaco has a brilliant future03aztaco has a brilliant future03aztaco has a brilliant future03aztaco has a brilliant future03aztaco has a brilliant future

heres mine

mabey diffrnt seris shocks?
Old 03-07-2012, 10:43 PM   #18

Well I talked to the dude and apparently the guy who ordered the kings got the the 4wd ones instead of the 2wd and its got a different spring rate.
Old 03-08-2012, 05:40 AM   #19

oic i like how its futher away but it does act as a spacer or atleast looks that way his coil dosnt look that fare down the shock body weird how it sits so high
Old 03-08-2012, 09:14 AM   #20
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
My question is why didnt he cycle the suspension? It takes a few minutes to remove the spring when your mounting everything and check these things. You should not be installing your own stuff if you cant take the time to do it right