Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

Truck Noob Questions on LT

Old 03-12-2012, 03:16 PM   #21
Fen is on a distinguished road
Fen's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by interm_4 View Post
mike you remember Rialto Offraod Raceway? Closed down back in 03.

http://youtu.be/vc3qkEwDcZ0

Matt, that's an awesome video haha.
Old 03-12-2012, 04:57 PM   #22
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fen View Post
Cantilever... That's like those trucks that have independent arms for the rear suspension travel right? If so that would rock. This long travel suspension setup is quite the investment, so I want to make sure I do it right the first time. I just have this fear of getting something less than or more than what I would need and end up having to pay even more to compensate or replace equipment. x.x; I appreciate all the help.

Texas is nice this time of year, but I agree summer through late fall is pretty brutal.
not really independent arms... its a triangulated shock displacement type thing a majig... hahaha... i am so not a technical person...

i have an outboard cantilever system on my truck now with a Tundra rear axle... it allows me to keep my bed...

i just need to photograph my rear...
Old 03-12-2012, 04:58 PM   #23
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by interm_4 View Post
mike you remember Rialto Offraod Raceway? Closed down back in 03.

http://youtu.be/vc3qkEwDcZ0
that's right... forgot about Rialto...
Old 03-12-2012, 07:52 PM   #24
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Just google cantilever suspension and you will get tons of different versions. Lots of bagged/slammed trucks use it too. You can typically get more travel out of less space.
Old 03-15-2012, 03:24 AM   #25
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Raptors only pull 11" right? You should be able to do a solid mid travel all around and be good! Obviously gusset some shit but LT is top notch if you've got the funds!
Old 03-15-2012, 06:46 AM   #26
distinguished bongo truck art critic
Mxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police Platoon Leader
Name: Chase
Mxpatriot's Tacoma Gallery
All pro LT will require glass up front if you run a 32" or larger and tire and actually use the travel.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:52 AM   #27
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
Raptors only pull 11" right? You should be able to do a solid mid travel all around and be good! Obviously gusset some shit but LT is top notch if you've got the funds!
and well tuned internal bypass shocks on all 4 corners... something a mid travel set up isn't going to have

travel numbers only mean so much dude...
Old 03-15-2012, 09:18 AM   #28
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
well you are in the right area on your budget of 10-15k, that will be more than enough if you just do a simple bed saver cage in the rear with the normal LT out back and just a normal kit up front.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:20 AM   #29
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
and well tuned internal bypass shocks on all 4 corners... something a mid travel set up isn't going to have

travel numbers only mean so much dude...
True....so the internal bypass is the way to go! What's the likelyhood of fox or anyone developing an off the shelf one?
Old 03-15-2012, 10:38 AM   #30
Supermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Landon
Supermoto's Tacoma Gallery
I know of a Tacoma that has them
Old 03-15-2012, 11:21 AM   #31

Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermoto View Post
With internal bypass'?

Pic's or it didn't happen!
Old 03-15-2012, 11:26 AM   #32
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermoto View Post

Old 03-15-2012, 12:04 PM   #33
Supermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Landon
Supermoto's Tacoma Gallery

From a armored Hilux