DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

Buying a long travel kit

Old 03-22-2012, 09:10 AM   #21
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalTacos View Post
If you're going lt why not go the full 3.5"? Just curious.
fit into tighter trails, not have to run huge glass, more sleeper probably
Old 03-22-2012, 09:58 AM   #22
aportis72 is a glorious beacon of lightaportis72 is a glorious beacon of lightaportis72 is a glorious beacon of lightaportis72 is a glorious beacon of lightaportis72 is a glorious beacon of light
EMS:
Name: Austin
aportis72's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalTacos View Post
If you're going lt why not go the full 3.5"? Just curious.
Because I don't want to run glass fenders and I know even with 33s I will destroy stock fenders.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:00 AM   #23
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacotrd647 View Post
All pro makes a long travel kit?
derpy-derp
Old 03-22-2012, 10:00 AM   #24
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
fit into tighter trails, not have to run huge glass, more sleeper probably
x2
Old 03-22-2012, 11:06 AM   #26
Cuz Stock Sucks!
SDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SDHQ OFFROAD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
prevents your ball joint rod ends from binding and limiting your travel
Quote:
not exactly just like All Pro's kit cuz I think they include inner and out tie rods and other shit, but its the heim rod ends that give you more articulation without binding:
http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/...bcategories=on
Its not quite that simple. You'll need an inner clevis to adapt the rack to accept a heim, you'll have to build your own tie rods and then figure out how to adapt a heim on the single sheer outer clevis on the spindle and then keep it there... You're better off just buying a preassembled kit or having a shop build one for you to ensure the geometry is correct.
Old 03-22-2012, 05:56 PM   #27
wstcstriderz has much to be proud ofwstcstriderz has much to be proud ofwstcstriderz has much to be proud ofwstcstriderz has much to be proud ofwstcstriderz has much to be proud ofwstcstriderz has much to be proud ofwstcstriderz has much to be proud ofwstcstriderz has much to be proud ofwstcstriderz has much to be proud ofwstcstriderz has much to be proud of

Name: jay
wstcstriderz's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds good man.. I won't be able to help for a couple
Weeks at least .. Workin out of town and tryin to finish my truck for a run too...
Old 03-22-2012, 09:04 PM   #28
Trifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trifenix's Tacoma Gallery
Y get allpro when you can get tc burg or engage? More travel mo betta.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:04 PM   #29
Max's Canadian Twin
theduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
theduck911's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trifenix View Post
Y get allpro when you can get tc burg or engage? More travel mo betta.
Derp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aportis72 View Post
Because I don't want to run glass fenders and I know even with 33s I will destroy stock fenders.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:06 PM   #30
Trifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trifenix's Tacoma Gallery
Woops jusy read cuz u dont want glass. Then why not get icons.. I wonder if the extra 2 over is worth it vs mid travel?
Old 03-22-2012, 09:10 PM   #31
Max's Canadian Twin
theduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
theduck911's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trifenix View Post
Woops jusy read cuz u dont want glass. Then why not get icons.. I wonder if the extra 2 over is worth it vs mid travel?
I think to alot of people it is, the extra droop is nice, especially when paired with 35's
Old 03-26-2012, 10:59 PM   #32
Zlagger has a brilliant futureZlagger has a brilliant futureZlagger has a brilliant futureZlagger has a brilliant futureZlagger has a brilliant futureZlagger has a brilliant futureZlagger has a brilliant futureZlagger has a brilliant futureZlagger has a brilliant futureZlagger has a brilliant futureZlagger has a brilliant future

Name: Rich
Zlagger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aportis72 View Post
Shit, I destroyed the stock fenders with 33s on my first dune trip. It'll definitely happen.

Just finished my AP LT install today. Did it myself. Took about 17 hours with no help. Granted I spent way more time than anticipated getting the half shafts out of the birfields.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:00 PM   #33
distinguished bongo truck art critic
Mxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police Platoon Leader
Name: Chase
Mxpatriot's Tacoma Gallery
You will still need glass with AP LT. With 33's I beat the hell out of my stock fenders the first time I took it offroad. Knocked off both of the fender flares and was scraping the fender all the time. Plus it looks way better. AP sells glass that matches the width.

AP is one of those kits that understates/does not exaggerate travel numbers. My tape measure puts travel at closer to 13'' than 12''.

Remember that track width isn't the only thing that determines travel. Heim joints vs. stock ball joints, heim steering, and a longer coil over (and the angle it is mounted at) will all influence travel numbers.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:29 PM   #34
Zlagger has a brilliant futureZlagger has a brilliant futureZlagger has a brilliant futureZlagger has a brilliant futureZlagger has a brilliant futureZlagger has a brilliant futureZlagger has a brilliant futureZlagger has a brilliant futureZlagger has a brilliant futureZlagger has a brilliant futureZlagger has a brilliant future

Zlagger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxpatriot View Post
You will still need glass with AP LT. With 33's I beat the hell out of my stock fenders the first time I took it offroad. Knocked off both of the fender flares and was scraping the fender all the time. Plus it looks way better. AP sells glass that matches the width.

AP is one of those kits that understates/does not exaggerate travel numbers. My tape measure puts travel at closer to 13'' than 12''.

Remember that track width isn't the only thing that determines travel. Heim joints vs. stock ball joints, heim steering, and a longer coil over (and the angle it is mounted at) will all influence travel numbers.
I believe you that it might be closer to 13 cuz mine droops till the half-shafts rest on the cv housings just a tiny bit. Needless to say limit straps are on order.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:46 PM   #35
aportis72 is a glorious beacon of lightaportis72 is a glorious beacon of lightaportis72 is a glorious beacon of lightaportis72 is a glorious beacon of lightaportis72 is a glorious beacon of light
EMS:
I don't want to run glass because they are a pain in the ass to mount and get everything to work with like lights and crap. They don't mount as clean as stock don't looks as good as stock and I just don't want to run them.
Old 03-28-2012, 11:09 PM   #36
your TW web developer!
rondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ronnie
rondog's Tacoma Gallery
they aren't that hard to put on
Old 03-28-2012, 11:47 PM   #37

Zlagger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rondog View Post
they aren't that hard to put on
X2
Old 03-29-2012, 07:41 AM   #38
distinguished bongo truck art critic
Mxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police Platoon Leader
Name: Chase
Mxpatriot's Tacoma Gallery
And like I said, do not expect to retain your fender flares if you use the LT. Expect tire damage from the sheet metal as well.
Old 03-29-2012, 08:18 AM   #39
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
it took me like a hour to put on my front fenders. eassssssy
Old 03-29-2012, 08:42 AM   #40
EMS:
Well that's blows for me. I didn't want to run glass it's 400 extra plus paint and they don't make glass for the 2012 yet so I can't run glass even if I wanted to witch I still would prefer not to.