DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

Want to long travel my rear suspension.

Old 03-23-2012, 10:53 PM   #1
Who needs roads?
Taco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Micah
Taco me elmo's Tacoma Gallery
Want to long travel my rear suspension.

I need to know all the parts I need to do a Spring under axle conversion, and can I for now keep using my Icon rear extended travel shocks with the setup and later do some kings?

I understand I will need:

New spring set - Or my current built set with more leafs
Longer shackles
bolt flip kit
hangers relocated
shock tabs relocated

What else am I missing?

My goal is to keep a mid travel front with bump stops and limit straps and LT the rear with as little of the bed mangled as I can.

Old 03-23-2012, 11:22 PM   #2
E-Fabber
Anthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
Anthony250's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like you got a good direction. But others will chime in will more stuff. Also good to box your frame. 16 or 18" shocks. Yes you can keep it Mid travel front. Besides the flip kit you need new axle perches, Good idea on some air bumps if not some good large poly bumps. This might help
http://www.trailslesstraveled.com/viewarticle.php?id=37
Old 03-23-2012, 11:32 PM   #3
Who needs roads?
Taco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Some good info in that thread.

I dont want to jump the truck on the regular, I want longer travel with a lower rear stance and the ability to take hard pack stuff smoother so boxing the entire frame and a bed cage are excessive for my intended use.

I am happy enough with the entire mid travel setup i have but the rear is holding me back do to the spring over and stock leaf pack with added leafs.

and the reason for front bump stops is I bottom out of some big stuff.

Already dented my headers and left dents in my inner fender areas. haha
Old 03-23-2012, 11:40 PM   #4
E-Fabber
Anthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Anthony250's Tacoma Gallery
If your not going to do hard offroading, the Deaver J59 is a possibility with some 10" shocks or Short body 10's or 12's. I have the Deaver Prerunner pack like the J59 but gives me lower ride hieght and it was a Great improvement over the add a leafs sure its not long travel but it does suprisingly well.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:05 PM   #5
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DTFtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Who trigger welded your spindle gussets on?
Old 03-28-2012, 02:16 PM   #6
Who needs roads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTFtacoma View Post
Who trigger welded your spindle gussets on?
Jason Speed Freak did almost all of my Fabrication work.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:27 PM   #7
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DTFtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
The frame plates look a lot better but it still looks like he trigger welded it. Why not just run a bead? Did you see him weld any of it?
Old 03-28-2012, 02:43 PM   #8
I <3 Pink Tacos
JawKnee is a splendid one to beholdJawKnee is a splendid one to beholdJawKnee is a splendid one to beholdJawKnee is a splendid one to beholdJawKnee is a splendid one to beholdJawKnee is a splendid one to behold

Name: John
JawKnee's Tacoma Gallery
You will also need longer brake lines and limit straps for the rear.