DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

Any Center Pivot Front Suspension Builds?

Old 04-01-2012, 05:14 PM   #1
dewilmoth is on a distinguished road
Navy: Pilot
dewilmoth's Tacoma Gallery
Any Center Pivot Front Suspension Builds?

Hi all,
I recently bought a '12, and I'm getting the itch to hack up a perfectly nice truck. I built my Ranger a while ago, so if I do this one, naturally I need to take it a step further. I've searched all over looking for some center pivot front suspension pictures, but haven't come up with anything. After crawling under the truck, it seems feasible. If anyone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. Thanks.
Old 04-01-2012, 08:19 PM   #2
Tacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Tacorunner87's Tacoma Gallery
I doubt you will find any center pivot guys here. You will find a few of them over at Dezertrangers.com You looking to attach a prebuilt bulkhead or build your own?
Old 04-01-2012, 08:37 PM   #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacorunner87 View Post
I doubt you will find any center pivot guys here. You will find a few of them over at Dezertrangers.com You looking to attach a prebuilt bulkhead or build your own?
OK thanks, I'll check that out. It would likely be custom, but it depends what I come up with.
Old 04-01-2012, 08:42 PM   #4
Tacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilmoth View Post
OK thanks, I'll check that out. It would likely be custom, but it depends what I come up with.
I am not sure who all builds full bulkheads premade other then The GMR has/had one. I know BMS has made them in the past. Brenthal makes one as well but i have read nothing but horror stories about brenthal products. If I had the money I would lean towards The GMR bulkhead looks pretty freaking legit. If I didnt attempt to build one myself. But not sure if Jason is still building them or not since he has somewhat backed out of the offroad scene and went to touring cars. May check out wicked creations and Solo motorsports they may have something as well.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:54 AM   #6
Supermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Landon
Supermoto's Tacoma Gallery
Why would you center link a brand new truck? all you will end up with is the cab, motor and a small part of the frame from the original truck. Why waste all that money? just go get a cab and motor and save your self $30k.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:50 AM   #7
korslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
korslite's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoXdoer View Post
There's a red race tacoma built owns race dezert and solo motorsports did a rear set up on another truck
Old 04-09-2012, 10:56 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermoto View Post
Why would you center link a brand new truck? all you will end up with is the cab, motor and a small part of the frame from the original truck. Why waste all that money? just go get a cab and motor and save your self $30k.
That's not as fun as watching someone chop up an expensive truck.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:08 AM   #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacorunner87 View Post
That's not as fun as watching someone chop up an expensive truck.
Exactly. In all seriousness though, I just want to see what some people have done. It's not likely I'll do it for the reasons mentioned, but I have a very tough time keeping any of my vehicles stock.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:13 AM   #10
Thats what she said!
NoNameBastard is on a distinguished road
NoNameBastard's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilmoth View Post
Hi all,
I recently bought a '12, and I'm getting the itch to hack up a perfectly nice truck. I built my Ranger a while ago, so if I do this one, naturally I need to take it a step further. I've searched all over looking for some center pivot front suspension pictures, but haven't come up with anything. After crawling under the truck, it seems feasible. If anyone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. Thanks.

heres a couple i found by google

http://www.google.com/imgres?hl=en&s...:13,s:63,i:304

http://www.google.com/imgres?hl=en&b...9,r:4,s:0,i:75

http://www.google.com/imgres?hl=en&b...9,r:4,s:0,i:77
Old 04-17-2012, 09:36 AM   #11
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
i got a idea, but a first gen, hack that fucker all to shit, cage it, center mount with a v8, and use the new tacoma as a tow vehicle, perfect
Old 04-17-2012, 09:40 AM   #12
Thats what she said!
NoNameBastard is on a distinguished road
NoNameBastard's Tacoma Gallery
buy a salvaged truck if thats your plan, 05-09 go for 3-7k all day long if you have a connection with a liscence, i have one if your interested
Old 04-17-2012, 09:59 AM   #13
Max's Canadian Twin
theduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
theduck911's Tacoma Gallery
I think this is suited towards you

http://ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=186843
Old 04-17-2012, 10:38 AM   #14
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
i got a idea, but a first gen, hack that fucker all to shit, cage it, center mount with a v8, and use the new tacoma as a tow vehicle, perfect
I have an idea, buy a first gen, then sell it and buy a trophy lite
Old 04-17-2012, 01:10 PM   #15

The plow if I remember correctly is running 37's