1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Long Travel buying choices

Discussion in 'Long Travel Suspension' started by aportis72, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Apr 8, 2012 at 10:41 PM
    aportis72

aportis72 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Austin
    Supercharger
    Well 2 weeks ago I started a thread about buying an All Pro LT kit and last Friday I was seconds from buying off the All Pro site, but then got to thinking about all the advice you have all given in my last thread. and well I hate you. all not really. You just make me confused about why I'm buying what I'm buying. For good reasons.

All Pro is cool its LT and with 32 you don't have to run glass, but whats the point crawling and 4x4 yes some advantages, but still expensive when done full kit with steering up grade extended axles bump stops fox shocks and the rear fox shocks with expedition leafs. over $6K that's without glass fenders.

well I came to realize I wanted LT just to have it. That's not a good reason I want it now to use it. If Im going to go LT I should go full on LT glass fenders and what not. If I'm dropping thousands of dollars anyways why not just go with true LT front and back. crap the Camburg kit really isn't that much more expensive if your not running the bypass shock at first. Glass looks good if painted and done nice.

So long story short I'm no longer going AP LT, I'm save a few more months and hopefully going Camburg LT. I will call them next week with some Ideas and see what they think.

I saw on the mother Russia wolf hunter build the fiberglass bedsides looked way nice and they did a great job on removing the stock sheet metal I want to ask them about it and figure everything out before I make a commitment.

Yes I know it will be spendy. like $10K

what do you think

2. Apr 8, 2012 at 10:42 PM
    04LTtacoma

04LTtacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oregon
    Get the TC LT with the new lower boxed arms. :D

3. Apr 8, 2012 at 10:48 PM
    MonkeyProof

MonkeyProof Power Top

Member:
    SoCal- SGV
    sounds like you are still undecided with what kit you want. anyway you look at it, and with whatever kit you get..you will spend money..and not on just the kit itself, but on all of the other things that are related to having and properly installing a LT kit. good luck with your future LT build!

Products Discussed in

To Top