DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

Long Travel buying choices

Old 04-08-2012, 10:41 PM   #1
aportis72 is a glorious beacon of lightaportis72 is a glorious beacon of lightaportis72 is a glorious beacon of lightaportis72 is a glorious beacon of lightaportis72 is a glorious beacon of light
EMS:
Name: Austin
aportis72's Tacoma Gallery
Long Travel buying choices

Well 2 weeks ago I started a thread about buying an All Pro LT kit and last Friday I was seconds from buying off the All Pro site, but then got to thinking about all the advice you have all given in my last thread. and well I hate you. all not really. You just make me confused about why I'm buying what I'm buying. For good reasons.

All Pro is cool its LT and with 32 you don't have to run glass, but whats the point crawling and 4x4 yes some advantages, but still expensive when done full kit with steering up grade extended axles bump stops fox shocks and the rear fox shocks with expedition leafs. over $6K that's without glass fenders.

well I came to realize I wanted LT just to have it. That's not a good reason I want it now to use it. If Im going to go LT I should go full on LT glass fenders and what not. If I'm dropping thousands of dollars anyways why not just go with true LT front and back. crap the Camburg kit really isn't that much more expensive if your not running the bypass shock at first. Glass looks good if painted and done nice.

So long story short I'm no longer going AP LT, I'm save a few more months and hopefully going Camburg LT. I will call them next week with some Ideas and see what they think.

I saw on the mother Russia wolf hunter build the fiberglass bedsides looked way nice and they did a great job on removing the stock sheet metal I want to ask them about it and figure everything out before I make a commitment.

Yes I know it will be spendy. like $10K

what do you think
Old 04-08-2012, 10:42 PM   #2
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Get the TC LT with the new lower boxed arms.
Old 04-08-2012, 10:48 PM   #3
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
sounds like you are still undecided with what kit you want. anyway you look at it, and with whatever kit you get..you will spend money..and not on just the kit itself, but on all of the other things that are related to having and properly installing a LT kit. good luck with your future LT build!