DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

People with Defined Engineering SUA kits

Old 05-02-2012, 01:26 AM   #21
6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
6spd's Tacoma Gallery
ha! I wont be LTing anytime soon, but I am dreaming about it. baby steps...
Old 06-13-2012, 01:43 PM   #22
6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
6spd's Tacoma Gallery
After having participated in a group buy for 2.5 kings on all four corners(oem length), I keep coming back to this thread. I think in the not so near future, the defined kit is definitely going to be a possibility. I don't think I'll even mess with an aftermarket leaf pack, just straight to the SUA kit.

but first, seat time, like someone had mentioned earlier in this thread. need to take some weekends off now, to get that seat time...(and wait for cooler months)
Old 06-13-2012, 02:04 PM   #23
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GOO5E
THExBUSxDRIVER's Tacoma Gallery
Subbed
Old 06-13-2012, 03:08 PM   #24
maXXXed out mid travel
straycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstraycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstraycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstraycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstraycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstraycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstraycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstraycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstraycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstraycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstraycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: paul
straycat241's Tacoma Gallery
i just got mine done a couple of weeks ago, I went to huck fest in pismo. It is a night and day diffrence. i just need my drive shaft adjusted

heres a pic of me in pismo

heres a pic of me stuck haha
Old 06-14-2012, 03:27 PM   #25
distinguished bongo truck art critic
Mxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police Platoon Leader
Name: Chase
Mxpatriot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defined View Post
lol . you could tell that from just a video and knowing nothing else about the setup? im curious as to what your background is to validate your comments?

heres a little more video of the kit in action, im over trying figure out the embed thing.

http://youtu.be/Y1HlUyCvBJg

and yes krishes truck needs more compression, less rebound and obviously more shock since hes running stock length shocks.
I'm glad you posted; I'm going to go SUA soon and have been weighing in all the options.

My question is:

How does your kit avoid a stiff leaf spring when limited by the dimensions of the stock mounting locations, while covering the same amount of bumptravel as a larger pack mounted on further apart mounting points?

To clarify, what I'm going at is how does your leaf spring handle steeper angles without getting stiff as it moves through bump travel compared to a traditional 50T pack and associated mounting?
Old 06-16-2012, 10:33 AM   #26
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxpatriot View Post
I'm glad you posted; I'm going to go SUA soon and have been weighing in all the options.

My question is:

How does your kit avoid a stiff leaf spring when limited by the dimensions of the stock mounting locations, while covering the same amount of bumptravel as a larger pack mounted on further apart mounting points?

To clarify, what I'm going at is how does your leaf spring handle steeper angles without getting stiff as it moves through bump travel compared to a traditional 50T pack and associated mounting?
Just curious, why don't you want to move the mounts?
Old 06-16-2012, 12:22 PM   #27
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
lembowski's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr250jumper View Post
Just curious, why don't you want to move the mounts?
The defined kit uses stock mounting location
Old 06-16-2012, 12:41 PM   #28
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lembowski View Post
The defined kit uses stock mounting location
oh ok I was thinking there was the option to get one or the other. Silly 1st gen owners
Old 06-16-2012, 12:41 PM   #29
distinguished bongo truck art critic
Mxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police Platoon Leader
Name: Chase
Mxpatriot's Tacoma Gallery
Reduced down time and simpler fabrication/installation. Not set on the defined kit though because I do believe the stock mounting locations are a handicap; unless Defined can convince me otherwise. My mind is open to either route.
Old 06-16-2012, 12:56 PM   #30
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Angry

Quote:

My question is:

Quote:
Reduced down time and simpler fabrication/installation. Not set on the defined kit though because I do believe the stock mounting locations are a handicap; unless Defined can convince me otherwise. My mind is open to either route.
Im in the same boat..want a sua setup and defined is literary minutes from my house so that would make it easy. Defined seems like a great kit but there's so little info on the kit it makes for a hard decision while researching and factoring in everything
Old 06-16-2012, 01:17 PM   #31
WTF
1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

1TUFFTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Hmmm think I want a SUA kit with my front mid travel? ?
Old 06-16-2012, 02:45 PM   #32
6spd's Tacoma Gallery
You're my idol. I think i'll be going that route, later than sooner
Old 06-16-2012, 03:22 PM   #33
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfreak201 View Post
That's what I have till I can afford a front kit. Spindles, UCAs, coilovers in the front and defined sua with king triples in the rear! It definitely outperforms an LT front with mid travel rear
Yours doesn't. Get your driveshaft done so you can actually test it out!
Old 06-16-2012, 03:59 PM   #34
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yours doesn't. Get your driveshaft done so you can actually test it out!
Dude my driveshaft actually doesn't really have an issue at full droop it bearly rubs on my carrier bearing. Nick was saying a carrier bearing drop would probably fix that issue so we are gonna try that and if it doesn't fix it then I'll get the slip yolk. How's yours doing?
Old 06-16-2012, 04:10 PM   #35
Rompin Around

Quote:
Dude my driveshaft actually doesn't really have an issue at full droop it bearly rubs on my carrier bearing. Nick was saying a carrier bearing drop would probably fix that issue so we are gonna try that and if it doesn't fix it then I'll get the slip yolk. How's yours doing?
My carrier bearing was way out of spec. Had to get mine shortened. So you don't have any buldge?
Old 06-16-2012, 04:20 PM   #36
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
My carrier bearing was way out of spec. Had to get mine shortened. So you don't have any buldge?
What do you mean by buldge?
Oh also I forgot your an access cab and 4WD
You shouldn't have any driveshaft issues with 4x4 because they come with a slip yolk from factory
Old 06-16-2012, 04:21 PM   #37
WTF
1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

1TUFFTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That's what I have till I can afford a front kit. Spindles, UCAs, coilovers in the front and defined sua with king triples in the rear! It definitely outperforms an LT front with mid travel rear

Good to know. Except I already have the Icon 2.5 stock replacments in the rear and would probably keep those.
Old 06-16-2012, 04:26 PM   #38
Rompin Around

Quote:
What do you mean by buldge?
Oh also I forgot your an access cab and 4WD
You shouldn't have any driveshaft issues with 4x4 because they come with a slip yolk from factory
I'm not 4x4

buldge from the shaft being too long at droop. The bearing wants to pull through, mine had to be shortened 1 3/4"
Old 06-16-2012, 04:50 PM   #39
Quote:
I'm not 4x4

buldge from the shaft being too long at droop. The bearing wants to pull through, mine had to be shortened 1 3/4"
Dafuq! I could've sworn you were 4WD! Yeah well my bearing bearly wants to pull through and the rubber part rubs on the metal part at full droop. Nick thinks its just the angle and the drop will fix it.
Old 06-16-2012, 06:50 PM   #40
Rompin Around

Quote:
Dafuq! I could've sworn you were 4WD! Yeah well my bearing bearly wants to pull through and the rubber part rubs on the metal part at full droop. Nick thinks its just the angle and the drop will fix it.
Hum, think your going to run into problems without a slip yoke and that much plunge. It's a fairly cheap fix, cost me $225.