DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

long travel functionality

Old 05-07-2012, 10:54 PM   #21
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
toms truck is lt'd up front with expos out back, isnt it?
yes it is and it all works great on the rocks

AllPro Expo springs flex great:

AllPro LT up front:
Old 05-07-2012, 10:54 PM   #22
Nothin' Special
especk is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
especk's Tacoma Gallery
it will definitely help rock crawling - unless you constantly navigate very narrow trails. If you're too wide, you may not be able to go certain places.

Check the last pages of my build page. A 3" wider LT would simply not be able to make it through these sections. My stock truck is almost too wide to make it through these areas. That would be the only downside.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:56 PM   #23
Supermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Landon
Supermoto's Tacoma Gallery
I'm very impressed with the allpro expos we put on My brothers truck. And this is coming from a guy who hates leaf springs!
Old 05-07-2012, 10:58 PM   #24
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by especk View Post
it will definitely help rock crawling - unless you constantly navigate very narrow trails. If you're too wide, you may not be able to go certain places.

Check the last few pages of my build page. A 3" wider LT would simply not be able to make it through these sections. My stock truck is almost too wide to make it through these areas. That would be the only downside.
i have the AllPro LT kit which is 2" over stock plus i have 1.5" spacers, there hasnt been a trail i have not been able to do because of how wide i am

Old 05-07-2012, 10:59 PM   #25
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyProof View Post
yes it is and it all works great on the rocks

Too bad AP doesnt make a LT kit for 1st gens
Old 05-07-2012, 11:05 PM   #26
Power Top

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post

Too bad AP doesnt make a LT kit for 1st gens
i bet they would sell a lot if they had a kit
Old 05-07-2012, 11:34 PM   #28
Nothin' Special
especk is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
especk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyProof View Post
i have the AllPro LT kit which is 2" over stock plus i have 1.5" spacers, there hasnt been a trail i have not been able to do because of how wide i am

nice. I guess it just depends on how narrow we're talking:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXXZp...layer_embedded

I scrapped the sides of my bumeprs, doors, bedsides, and sliders because the truck was "too" wide to navigate certain areas without sacrificing scraping the sides. My tires were as wide as could be in order to make it up the section in the part of the video where I am going up the narrow incline chute - I literally had both tires already rubbing against both sides of this section simultaneously.
Old 05-08-2012, 07:35 AM   #30
mall crawler
Rebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Parker
Rebel Taco 22's Tacoma Gallery
But you do have a 1st gen and you are a little narrower so if you got a 3.5'' over kit you would only be slightly wider than a 2nd gen. Does this sound right?
Old 05-08-2012, 07:48 AM   #31
SargeSlapnuts 보고용의!!!!
SargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Nick
SargeSlapnuts's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Taco 22 View Post
But you do have a 1st gen and you are a little narrower so if you got a 3.5'' over kit you would only be slightly wider than a 2nd gen. Does this sound right?
yes but i have been spots where if i was any wider i wouldn't had made it through. im just trying to find a better alternative than chopping up my truck and spending $4000-$5000 for sas then having it not running for a month.
Old 05-08-2012, 10:44 AM   #32
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SargeSlapnuts View Post
ok so mid travel would prolly do me some good. . . any suggestions on good mid travel setups?
yes, cab mount chop, that is all
Old 05-08-2012, 10:55 AM   #33
Trifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trifenix's Tacoma Gallery
Lol went from lt and sas to midtravel..probably 5100s coming soon