DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

Jumpin' in head first...

Old 05-08-2012, 09:57 PM   #1
fireboltr is a glorious beacon of lightfireboltr is a glorious beacon of lightfireboltr is a glorious beacon of lightfireboltr is a glorious beacon of lightfireboltr is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Phil
fireboltr's Tacoma Gallery
Jumpin' in head first...

Well ok peeps,

I will be joining your long travel ranks soon.
I placed my order for All Pro's LT kit, res shocks (front and rear), timbrens front and rear, expo's out back

Any hints, tips, tricks or suggestions from those of you who have installed your own???

First off yes i am going to do the install myself.
Yes I am competent mechanically.

Thanks in advance
Old 05-09-2012, 01:02 PM   #2
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
1) Stock up on beer
2) Make sure beer has adequate time to chill before you start work
3) Make sure the misses understands she will have to cook you a steak and give you a massage and a bj at the end of the day to compensate you for your hard work.

Good luck
Old 05-09-2012, 01:03 PM   #3
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
1) Stock up on beer
3) Make sure the misses understands she will have to cook you a steak and give you a massage and a bj at the end of the day to compensate you for your hard work.

Good luck
Best advice EVER!
Old 05-09-2012, 01:08 PM   #4
Supermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Landon
Supermoto's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
1) Stock up on beer

Good luck
all of this plus warn your neighbors there will be an inappropriate amount of cussing coming from your garage
Old 05-09-2012, 01:09 PM   #5
I ski I work I'm rad
Steezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud of
Name: Spencer
Steezyskis's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
1) Stock up on beer

Good luck
Yeah whatever Jason says I'd go with. Lol
Old 05-09-2012, 01:17 PM   #6
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermoto View Post
all of this plus warn your neighbors there will be an inappropriate amount of cussing coming from your garage
Ahh yeah forgot that one. Good looking out!
When I pulled the motor on my truck busted my knuckle pretty hard and threw the ratchet out the garage....and into the street....
My neighbor saw it happen and came over with some spongebob bandaids, a 6 pack of lagunitas and brought my wrench back.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:18 PM   #7
1st gen > 2nd gen
Rucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
I heard you orded from all pro...better check your parts
Old 05-09-2012, 01:32 PM   #8
Supermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Landon
Supermoto's Tacoma Gallery
also have lots of lights, no matter what you do you will end up working on it in the dark.

Old 05-09-2012, 01:43 PM   #9
The Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rucas View Post
I heard you orded from all pro...better check your parts
Old 05-09-2012, 01:51 PM   #10
allpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shed

allpro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
This problem has been fixed someone had wrapped up pairs without checking sides first. Needless to say person is no longer with us.
Old 05-09-2012, 05:10 PM   #11
1st gen > 2nd gen
Rucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by allpro View Post
This problem has been fixed someone had wrapped up pairs without checking sides first. Needless to say person is no longer with us.
derp-di-derp
...past tense
Old 05-09-2012, 05:38 PM   #12
fireboltr is a glorious beacon of lightfireboltr is a glorious beacon of lightfireboltr is a glorious beacon of lightfireboltr is a glorious beacon of lightfireboltr is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Phil
fireboltr's Tacoma Gallery
Good to know Sarah thanks.
So far Kurtis has been taking good care of me. Very knowledgeable, more than willing to devote the time to me to answer all of my questions, as well as all of my options/outcomes to me in as much detail as he can.
Besides... if it ain't right, after I drop the truck on my head, I'm haunting his ass I'll be hiding the remote and his tools...
Lol
Old 05-09-2012, 07:00 PM   #13
Do you know Tyler Durden?
FearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
FearNothing321's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lon...uestion-3.html

Check out this thread as well
Old 05-10-2012, 05:24 PM   #14
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by allpro View Post
"
All-Pro Off-Road

3 minutes ago

HELP WANTED! All-Pro Off Road is looking for a full-time Warehouse Clerk in our Hemet, CA location. Experience & Toyota 4x4 knowledge preferred. Duties include shipping & receiving, stocking, pre-packaging, & maintaining inventory. Forklift operating and heavy lifting are required. To apply, please email your resume to sarah@allprooffroad.com. EOE "

guess sarah was serious about that one!
Old 05-10-2012, 05:27 PM   #15
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
"
All-Pro Off-Road

3 minutes ago

HELP WANTED! All-Pro Off Road is looking for a full-time Warehouse Clerk in our Hemet, CA location. Experience & Toyota 4x4 knowledge preferred. Duties include shipping & receiving, stocking, pre-packaging, & maintaining inventory. Forklift operating and heavy lifting are required. To apply, please email your resume to sarah@allprooffroad.com. EOE "

lollerskates. Win.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:00 PM   #16
Marnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
Marnes2986's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermoto View Post
also have lots of lights, no matter what you do you will end up working on it in the dark.
x123123434

No matter how simple the task was I always go over my estimated time ROFL
Old 05-10-2012, 06:51 PM   #17
The Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
"
All-Pro Off-Road

3 minutes ago

Should add "must know difference between left and right"
Old 05-10-2012, 11:11 PM   #19
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
I'm confused, why did you (or whoever) say on facebook that you didn't can someone Sarah.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:16 PM   #20
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco me elmo View Post
Any reason you chose allpro over say Camburg or Total Chaos?
probably width?