DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

ALRIGHT whats the BOTTOM line on LT?

Old 06-30-2012, 05:24 PM   #41
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post

What are we bidding on?
lowest without going over bid on LT kit lol.

I think im going to build a kit out of pressure treated wood since there seems to be a market for dirt cheap non funtional LT.
Old 06-30-2012, 05:52 PM   #42
Professionull
battlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
battlescars's Tacoma Gallery
I did my front and rear for about $5k including material and glass about 6 years ago. When you find things used or new-unused it's better to go that direction. RDC fo life!
Old 07-02-2012, 11:28 AM   #43
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
DTFtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandwagon View Post
Don't let people talk u out of going lt if u really want it, just know it gets pricey and don't think u have to have everything at once. Read thru a lot of the builds or the lt forum and u will learn a lot. Like others have said know what u want it for and plan accordingly. Right now Im running the 05+ camburg lt kit with spindles so I'm about 5000-5500 in just the front. It I still want to do triples so I need another 1500-2000 for the front to be almost done(never really done). Starting the rear now picked up some fox 16" dbls for 1100 and am deciding on which sua kit to go so anywhere from 1400-2000. Plus building materials yada yada yada. Hope that helps, so u can get a front kit for 5ish but expect to keep spending...
^^ This ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by battlescars View Post
I did my front and rear for about $5k including material and glass about 6 years ago. When you find things used or new-unused it's better to go that direction. RDC fo life!
I'm at about the same

Used parts FTW!!! Plus it helps when I spent a fraction of the cost on my LT kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by tostidos View Post
lowest without going over bid on LT kit lol.

I think im going to build a kit out of pressure treated wood since there seems to be a market for dirt cheap non funtional LT.
hahahahaha +1
Old 07-02-2012, 03:53 PM   #44
your TW web developer!
rondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ronnie
rondog's Tacoma Gallery
do we have a thread on what people have spent so far on their LT?...I'm nearing $13k.....thefuq is wrong with me
Old 07-02-2012, 04:13 PM   #45
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Me and a few other dudes run AP LT in my area, it's not bad. Definitely some bus to work out, and I expected higher quality product for the money. It works well offroad. Not any high speed stuff around here.

However I am not over unimpressed with it. It does work how it is advertised. But my factory Toyota equipment seemed more well thought out. All pro definitely cheaped out on control arm bushings. I also had to beat the SHIT out of my trick to get the LCA'S to fit.
Old 07-02-2012, 04:18 PM   #46
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rondog View Post
do we have a thread on what people have spent so far on their LT?...I'm nearing $13k.....thefuq is wrong with me
I'll be double that in a few months!!! It's a money pit no doubt!
Old 07-02-2012, 04:23 PM   #47
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rondog View Post
Why yes we do! I totally forgot about it until you said something

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lon...biography.html
Old 07-02-2012, 06:02 PM   #48
Professionull
battlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
battlescars's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for posting that, I needed to update my stuff.
Old 07-03-2012, 12:07 AM   #49
TC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
TC yota's Tacoma Gallery
You guys are spending way too much money,haha
Learn how to build stuff yourself and buy USED parts and you will be out the door alot cheaper
Old 07-03-2012, 08:06 AM   #50
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TC yota View Post
You guys are spending way too much money,haha
Learn how to build stuff yourself and buy USED parts and you will be out the door alot cheaper
RDC, DR and TTORA classifieds FTW.

i have more "used" parts on my truck than "new" parts... it saves a ton of Benjamins
Old 07-03-2012, 08:07 AM   #51
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
RDC, DR and TTORA classifieds FTW.

i have more "used" parts on my truck than "new" parts... it saves a ton of Benjamins
not just in the LT world either!