Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

I need help guys!

Old 07-01-2012, 10:15 PM   #1
Mxer256 will become famous soon enough

Name: Tyler
Mxer256's Tacoma Gallery
I need help guys!

Hey guys. I posted this forum in the 1st gen but not too many people knew what to tell me so i was recommended to come here. So here it is! Right now i have a 2.5 inch strut spacer and am about to remove that and put adjustable billies on. I want to have those set at 2.5 and then in a couple of months i want to order some spindles to give me 3 more inches and then have about 5.5 up front. Would i need to get new uca? Heres a link to the spindles............Btw im in a 2002 prerunner

http://solomotorsports.com/index.php...a-lift-spindle
Old 07-01-2012, 10:19 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxer256 View Post
Hey guys. I posted this forum in the 1st gen but not too many people knew what to tell me so i was recommended to come here. So here it is! Right now i have a 2.5 inch strut spacer and am about to remove that and put adjustable billies on. I want to have those set at 2.5 and then in a couple of months i want to order some spindles to give me 3 more inches and then have about 5.5 up front. Would i need to get new uca? Heres a link to the spindles............Btw im in a 2002 prerunner

http://solomotorsports.com/index.php...a-lift-spindle
That's not long travel.

Yes you will probably need new arms.
Old 07-01-2012, 10:34 PM   #3

Mxer256's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
That's not long travel.

Yes you will probably need new arms.
Well if i got those spindles, and coils, and these uca http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

Would i be able to have 5.5 inches of lift with that set up?
Old 07-01-2012, 10:36 PM   #4
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Well if i got those spindles, and coils, and these uca http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

Would i be able to have 5.5 inches of lift with that set up?
Old 07-01-2012, 11:01 PM   #5

Mxer256's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
aight thanks
Old 07-01-2012, 11:34 PM   #6
whitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

whitetoblack's Tacoma Gallery
Yes these spindles require a new upper arm with a uniball. Your options as far as uniball upper arms go are total chaos, camburg, or just getting them from solo as well. Its a lot of money just for lift most people buy it more for performance and strength and also run it with performance coilovers. Yes it will give you the 5.5 inches of lift but all said and done you are looking at approximately 2 grand at least. Maybe someone who has them will chime in. I think the guy who has them is username jblaze or something. Good luck man

EDIT: also those arms you posted have balljoint not uniballs so no they would not work with these spindles. Give me a minute i will get u links to your choices....
Old 07-01-2012, 11:50 PM   #7

Mxer256's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetoblack View Post
Yes these spindles require a new upper arm with a uniball. Your options as far as uniball upper arms go are total chaos, camburg, or just getting them from solo as well. Its a lot of money just for lift most people buy it more for performance and strength and also run it with performance coilovers. Yes it will give you the 5.5 inches of lift but all said and done you are looking at approximately 2 grand at least. Maybe someone who has them will chime in. I think the guy who has them is username jblaze or something. Good luck man

EDIT: also those arms you posted have balljoint not uniballs so no they would not work with these spindles. Give me a minute i will get u links to your choices....
Alright thanks! That helps out a lot!
Old 07-01-2012, 11:53 PM   #8
whitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Solo Motorsports
http://solomotorsports.com/index.php...er-control-arm

Total Chaos. These can be bought at a good price through downsouth motorsports with their TW discount.
http://www.chaosfab.com/96500.php

Camburg. They offer a discount for TW members cant remember how much off.
http://www.camburg.com/store/susp-sy...ll-upper-arms/

I also believe these would work and they are priced a lower than the others I believe.
http://builtrightfab.com/suspension/...ner-4wd-96-04/

Icon also makes some badass billet ones but they are really expensive and overkill for your setup

Hope that helps haha
Old 07-01-2012, 11:58 PM   #9

Mxer256's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Solo Motorsports
http://solomotorsports.com/index.php...er-control-arm

Total Chaos. These can be bought at a good price through downsouth motorsports with their TW discount.
http://www.chaosfab.com/96500.php

Camburg. They offer a discount for TW members cant remember how much off.
http://www.camburg.com/store/susp-sy...ll-upper-arms/

I also believe these would work and they are priced a lower than the others I believe.
http://builtrightfab.com/suspension/...ner-4wd-96-04/

Icon also makes some badass billet ones but they are really expensive and overkill for your setup

Hope that helps haha
Yeah thats great man and helps a lot! Like i mentioned in the other forum no place for me to wheel so much as much as im doing it for looks!...but yeah ill defiantly check all those out...thanks a lot for the help!
Old 07-02-2012, 12:06 AM   #10

Quote:
Yeah thats great man and helps a lot! Like i mentioned in the other forum no place for me to wheel so much as much as im doing it for looks!...but yeah ill defiantly check all those out...thanks a lot for the help!
No prob dude good luck. Just be ready to drop some dough if you decide to do it haha. Solo runs sales at certain times of the year. May want to check race-dezert.com classifieds frequently they normally post their specials there. They had their spindles for sale around xmas last year for 20% off.
Old 07-02-2012, 12:08 AM   #11

Mxer256's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No prob dude good luck. Just be ready to drop some dough if you decide to do it haha. Solo runs sales at certain times of the year. May want to check race-dezert.com classifieds frequently they normally post their specials there. They had their spindles for sale around xmas last year for 20% off.
Yeah this is defiantly what id have to ask for my b day haha but yeah thanks for the help im about to email built right!